Nahverkehr Dresden - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 9, 2021.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

theres no disputing it needs a patch given some of the issues reported, but wow what a route and this is now the gold standard all future DLC will be compared to IMO.

The more I travel up and down the lines the more and more enjoyable it becomes.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

... last time I play "Hide & Seek" with these people...
    TSW2_Coppo_1631285879_00.png

• Like Like x 9
  3. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the Elephant in Tier 2 of the Mastery challenge is or what it refers to?
    ...at least I think it's a picture of an elephant :o

• Like Like x 2
  4. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

There is supposed to be an elephant at the main train station that escaped from the Dresden Zoo. The Elephant House is one of the biggest attractions of the Dresden Zoo. But I've never heard of an Elephant run away.

Edit: The Zoo is also only a kilometer from the Main Train Station. Screenshot_2021-09-10-21-42-10-418.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. conniethunder

Thanks.
    I did some searching and could only find a 'fictional story' about an elephant being looked after by a women in Dresden.
    It was apparently based on a true story of a woman in Ireland during WWII

I guess I better finish tier 2 and go 'hunting'.
    ...paul.pavlinovich might be able to help me with a video ;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Only just noticing that my custom liveries are extremely pixilated. Just did some on the 185 and 146 and both are extremely pixilated.

Not sure why this is, but makes them looks extremely ugly, when they weren’t like that in the editor. Anyone else having this issue?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Do you happen to be on a platform that starts with 'P' and ends in 'n'? If so, that's a known issue with a fix currently being tested.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Will a manual be released in the near future? We have a new signal system here and it is not explained in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s explained here

10. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

20210911170616_1.jpg 20210911170614_1.jpg 20210911170715_1.jpg I'm driving an RE15 Depot to Dresden HBF in a class 112 and the pathing has taken me through an unelectrified section of track

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Haha yep. Thanks for letting me know mate :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Just started to play the route today, the amount of bugs, frame rate drops (on XB1X) and lagging is just laughable. Better not happen with the London - Brighton route.

EDIT: Game has crashed 5 times not a happy bunny.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Yeah I Heard IT Yesterday too

14. conniethunder

The Elephants have escaped!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

oh my lord

16. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Elephants have escaped?

17. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

What's the name of that abandoned station near Nünchritz, I would like to know some history about it :D

18. TimoSGD

TimoSGD New Member

The game crashes on every ICE service from Riesa to Dresden Hbf.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Most services crash around Dresden , it is being looked into

• Like Like x 4
  20. conniethunder

I think you'll find that crashes occur on both rush hour releases so far, across all platforms.
    I don't think any hardware is capable of running this enhanced service/passenger mode at the moment! The game code isn't optimised enough.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That's an exaggeration. I have a middling PC and I'm running both routes without problems on ultra and 4k.

However, obviously a significant number of folks are having crashes and related problems, especially on Dresden, so something isn't right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, Westbound services are OK (even in Dresden - stable fps), Eastbound - are not.
    Something bad related to memory is cumulating and badly erupting in Dresden /o\ * if I end my trip right there

23. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Save the game on some station a few km before approaching Dresden.
    Exit the game. Return and load the saved game. Magic?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Mine crashes when I try to start any of the timetable items on Dresden. Don't even get to see the train, it just shows the loading screen, then exits the app with CE-108255-1 on PS5. Even some that I've already got ticked off, so something has changed. I'm hoping the Meißen update will fix a lot of this.

Edit to add: Just seen in another thread that this could be related to the 101 - buying that was probably the trigger for when these crashes started happening so I'll try removing it and see if that helps...

Edit 2: ...and yes, that seems to solve the issue entirely. Can now at least get into a timetable route on Dresden on PS5.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

26. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

After today's stream of the Meißen line and the updated timetable, I think I can safely say that Dresden - Riesa is one of the best, if not the best route dlc in TSW so far. It's an all around route with lots of rolling stock, a great timetable and brilliant scenery. The detail and creativity Ed and Lukas put into their work brings it to a new level that really shows what can be done in TSW. Thanks to Matt we also got a busy timetable with impressive 112 freight services. I'll be happy if we ever see a dlc like this come from DTG, but it won't be easy to beat.

The only thing holding it back now is the bugs...

• Like Like x 4
  27. redrev1917

I said when Dresden was released that it was the new standard all future DLC would be judged. The addition of Meissen branch has just upped the standard even higher.

Ive had zero crashes on this route with my modest PC set up either although the stutters and game freezes are evident around Dresden.

28. conniethunder

It's not just about H/W specs.
    People are not factoring in 'layers'. As in if you own other routes and locos as to what 'additional' things are added.
    There are multiple combinations of PC/Console hardware along with what DLCs people own.
    I can safely safe that Rush hour routes will crash the average PC/console if you own multiple routes/locos DLCs that are 'layered'.
    Maybe ask why the London stream had no 'rush hour' passengers? This is DTG with top of the line PC's!
    As for the Meissen branch, the night time must really push the GPU's ;)
    Cane Creek still looks better at night.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  29. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it already has... by London-Brighton. The only true 'rush hour' route in the pack.

• Like Like x 2
  30. redrev1917

Got sheer variety in train sets Dresden beats Brighton commuter hands down. Yeah Brighton looks good and 1400 services is impressive but ultimately it's 3 different train sets.

Don't get my wrong Brighton has added gameplay with splitting and joining services but I think it will still be 2nd best although a close run thing

31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean it depends what you’re looking for, for a variety of trains sure NRD blows BML out of the water, and it’s definitely the best German route to date.

In terms of a rush hour experience, BML is the undisputed champion, 1400 services vs 400 wins every time.

it may well be 1300 electrostars with a sprinkling of other stock, but NRD just can’t match that level of traffic.

Personally I really dislike the electrostar, I find it incredibly dull to drive, and I suspect that a 50 mile straight line route will only amplify that feeling, which is why I hope they’ve done a good job of the 387, however I’ll still crown the BML king of ‘rush hour’ because it’s the only route that will truly deliver that experience, but then I also agree that NRD is a king in its own right, just not because of density.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I was talking about the route dlcs in general, not just Rush hour... Yes, BML has a better "Rush hour feel" because of the incredibly busy timetable, but it falls short of Dresden in just about any other aspect. In general, it looks like Dresden is of better quality all around.
    If we ignore its timetable, then BML really doesn't have much else to show and pride itself in.

• Like Like x 1
  33. redrev1917

The splitting and joining of services adds another level of gameplay so whilst I'm doubting it will be better or even equal to Dresden I do think it's going to be very enjoyable so I'd disagree that it has little to be proud of

34. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I feel that BML would be comparable to BRD if it had night lighting , and maybe a class 700/319 , but BRD seems better overall apart from the crashes

• Like Like x 1
  35. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

DTG Natster Does today’s update mean that it will no longer crash when approaching Dresden on Xbox 1X? Thank You.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1