Db Br 101 Not Appearing In Dresden Timetable.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ryannewby89, Sep 15, 2021.

1. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

If you delete the game and then reinstall you won't lose your profile so all your progress and creations will stay and be available again once you reinstall (just don't select the BR 101 DLC when you do!).

I'm on PS5 so can delete individual DLC without removing everything, such a shame you can't do this on PS4.

Hope this helps until the issue gets fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Hey

But I think that the creations will be deleted when the game is reinstalled, right?

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No, they are saved separately to dlc, deleting the game won’t delete the games save files as these are not stored with the game.

4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone,

First of all, we really appreciate everyone's patience about the PS4 issues while we looked into them. And a thank you to everyone who has provided us with detailed information about your issues up to this point.

Here's what we are currently investigating:
    • Upon restarting the game the DB BR 101 is no longer selectable in Timetable mode.
    • Upon installing the DB BR 101 (HRR also owned), services/scenario will crash as soon as they are started.
    A temporary workaround for those of you experiencing crashes on Dresden while the DB BR 101 is installed or when trying to select a service, is to uninstall the DB BR 101 from your machine.
    We understand this is not ideal and on PS4 it can be time consuming, but we have seen players having success playing Dresden again this way.

I have chased up the team today to get an update with where we are at, and I will keep you informed as soon as we have any news.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  5. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your help as ever Nat , the only way to uninstall a loco is to uninstall the whole game (I think )

6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Yes unfortunately it is on PS 4. On PS 5, it is fortunately easier.

Just a reminder for those with a PS5 and fast enough internet, another work around is to delete Riesa Dresden and then reinstall from the in game store. This will let you play with the 101 for as long as the game is open.

7. mattchester#9176

How long do you have to wait after downloading it before it shows up? I tried it but after 15 minutes Riesa Dresden still wasn't in my availible Routes. I got bored an restarted the game so didn't work for me.

8. Tigert1966

This won’t work if Dresden Reisa isn’t showing up. You need to follow DTGs workaround for that. This will only work to use the DB 101 in Dresden Riesa on PS5.

The route not showing up is a different issue.

9. mattchester#9176

Sorry for the confusion. It shows up after I reinstall it (so not the missing DLC issue), just not until I restart (unless I'm not waiting long enough after reinstalling it from the in game store).

Does it show up straight away for you after you reinstall it?

10. Tigert1966

Not sure I understand what you are seeing, but here is my sequence.

Game is installed with Riesa Dresden an DB 101. DB 101 will not show up in the time table list of locos and game will crash for every timetable service.

I go out to the PS Menu, manage content and delete Riesa Dresden, but leave the DB 101 where it is.

I go back into the game. Hit square to go to the in game store. Select Ruesa Dresden and wait for it to download.

When it is downloaded I can go to The route and the DB 101 will be available in timetable mode and all the services will launch, even if they crash later.

This only solves the problem as long as you stay in the game. If you exit or turn off the PS 5 or if the game crashes, then you are back to having no DB 101 and a crashing timetable mode.

It’s not a great work around, but if you want to play with the 101 for a session, then for me it works.

Otherwise I just delete the 101 and then the route seems to work ok. But, that’s not good either, I only bought it for this route!

11. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for giving us an update, Nat!

Regarding the comments below, deleting individual add-ons does unfortunately not work on PS4 (and it also doesn’t work if you’re playing the PS4 version on PS5). For now, I’ve just deleted and reinstalled everything except the 101. Very excited for Brighton, will be playing at midnight!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  12. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

DTG Natster why not remove the BR101 out of Dresden via a patch on PS4 until the issue has been solved so at least we can use it in HRR?

• Like Like x 1
  13. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Friends, reinstalling the game does not affect the saved game, as they are separate files, during the big glitch in TSW2, I only had the baselines, and after the DLC's came back the progress was still there, so rest assured, if you have an internet quality, try to uninstall the BR 101 to see if in fact the DLC stops crashing, because I'll do the same if you test and it works, it's just sad to pay dearly for it and not be able to use it...

14. maikcolonia

maikcolonia Active Member

Hello.

That would also be my wish, because I would like to drive the BR 101 wherever possible

• Like Like x 1