New American Passenger Route Suggestions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SubwayRailfanner, Sep 21, 2021.

1. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

If DTG was to make another American passenger route which probably be months since they love making mostly German routes what route would you love to see come to the game?

Me personally I would love to see Metro North, Path or NYC Subway line.

• Like Like x 2
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

NJ Transit Raritan Valley Line with Sarah Weaver announcements the NJ Transit version of Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden Rhein-Ruhr Osten S8 Ingo Ruff

• Like Like x 2
  3. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Just searched it up looks really good. Would love to see that be made.

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Scenic Sub from Seattle to Wenatchee, Washington would be fun. It has passenger & freight, with plenty of scenery, of course.

• Like Like x 4
  5. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Some cannot be added because they ask for astronomical amounts for the rights. They wanted to add the section of route that passes over Mozilla, in Moab, but amtrak asked for 600,000 dollars for transmission rights, apparently there was an accident famous.

7. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Please notice Horseshoe Curve route - already announced on TSW2 Roadmap- , despite it is mostly freight - which will implies Norfolk Southern roadname will be on TSW2! - it also have Amtrak Pennsylvanian (running between Pittsburgh and New York City) on daily service there.
    May be it is not so much, but is something.
    We do not know if this train be included.
    As Amtrak uses Amfleet passenger wagons on that train,- which are already developed -, the issue is about the locomotive, which is the GE P42, not already made.
    Anyway hope be included too.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Miami to West Palm Beach - With Amtrak P42DC & BL36PH

• Like Like x 2
  9. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

I agree with what some have already said, it would be great to add Amtrak services to routes that already exist or are upcoming in the game. If they created a P42 and super liner consist, they could add Amtrak services to Sand Patch (Capital Limited) which would be cool, as well as the upcoming horseshoe curve (Pennsylvanian). The modern American freight routes feel incomplete without the Amtrak services. The other advantage to having Amtrak on those routes is being able to run at passenger speeds vs. freight speeds. 79mph vs. 59mph. Or make a route that includes an Amtrak intercity consist and add it retroactively to bring Amtrak to all American routes that have Amtrak services. As to folks that say it is uninteresting to have a single Amtrak service daily that’s just the nature of intercity passenger rail in the United States. I think it cold make for some interesting scenarios as on freight routes over here freight trains actually get priority over passenger as on the majority of the rail system Amtrak pays to use the host railroads tracks. They often end up taking sidings and waiting on freights. This seems to have changed more in recent years, but I can remember riding some trains 20 years ago and it was not uncommon to be anywhere from 2-10 hours late waiting on freight traffic. I think an Amtrak intercity pack of some type would be an excellent edition to the game.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I could mention a few lines near me in Los Angeles, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's NYC Subway I'm after.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I would like to see some NJT in the game, and maybe another route in the MTA system (LIRR, Metro North, NYC Subway).

• Like Like x 1
  12. schram.bryan

schram.bryan Member

Personally I’d like to see something with steam engines. Perhaps something with 4449 or 4014.

• Like Like x 2
  13. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

What is the most modern route (modern train) in the US? That's the one I want

14. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I may be biased, but I think the Seattle Link would be pretty cool. Just a nice and very busy line running into Seattle.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Problem I have with most Modern NA Passenger routes is the issues with licensing, whether that is down to BNSF trackage, or the operator themselves not allowing their branding to be in game (As seen in TS with Metrolink, Coaster, Tri-Rail, MARC, and Metra). The most plausible route would be one around New York featuring either Amtrak, NJT, LIRR and/or Metro North, as all 4 of those have worked with DTG in the past and are all situated around New York.

If DTG really wants to do something special though, give us a route set pre-1971, before Amtrak, with passenger/commuter trains that were still operated by the Class 1 Railroads.

• Like Like x 2
  16. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

Me too, but add to that list 611!

17. schram.bryan

schram.bryan Member

Ah yes the 611. I forgot about that one.

18. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'd like something that isn't in the north east again. Miami-West Palm Beach would be nice, but are there any corridor routes that could theoretically be made? Like a London-Brighton for the USA.

• Like Like x 1
  19. schram.bryan

schram.bryan Member

What about the surfliner? They could add that couldn’t they?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Obviously it's not going to happen for a few hardware generations because of the route lengths, but I'd love to see an iconic American passenger route from the 1950s like the 20th Century Limited (New York-Chicago).

21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Metrolink and Coaster would be a problem as they make up a good chunk of the commuter traffic on that line, but both never granted DTG licenses back on TS1, not to mention the BNSF freight traffic from LA to SD.

22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

You can ride the Broadway Limited ( rival to the 20th Century) on TS Classic Horseshoe Curve.

• Like Like x 1
  23. schram.bryan

schram.bryan Member

Metrolink and sounder would make great additions. We already have their trains with Caltrain but they probably wouldn’t go for it.
    Amtrak California would look good too.