PC Departure Boards For Some Routes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by railhub#5135, Sep 27, 2021.

1. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

So what I frankly recommend is that the LIRR, Main Spessart Bahn, North East Corridor, Great Western Express, Trans-Penine, West Somerset Railway, and Peninsula corridors should be updated and added with Real Time Information Screens at the station to show the time of departure of every train. And the stations in between should show screens with time left in minutes for the next arriving train.

It will be appreciated if you could update these routes with the requested features.

2. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

West Somerset Railway does not have these in real life, I travelled on the railway a fortnight ago. You have a timetable that tells you the times of arrival/departure. Think this was mentioned on a stream that for realism sake PIS would not be added.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The preserved team already working on these (bar WSR which as noted wouldn't have PIS)
    Watch the roadmap streams to see which routes are upcoming on the preserved team's schedule

4. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

I know a couple of them. Like Boston Sprinter, Riesa Dresden, London-Brighton. So just LIRR, Peninsula Corridor, should have these features of PIS (Passenger Information System) boards at stations.

5. ARuscoe

The preserved crew work on the routes brought over from TSW2020 to TSW2. All of the new routes should have PIS in some form (bar I think ECW which was only done recently)

6. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

LIRR have these already, Northeast Corridor, the original New York one does not and won't get them as it is not preserved collection, Peninsula is being worked on, and MSB has them too

7. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

In LIRR I have seen has the Passenger Information System boards hung at stations which would show the time left for the next train to arrive and depart but they are not functional and don't have display in it showing. It is not only my game that has this issue it is everyone who plays it doesn't. That is what has to be done in the next update.

8. railhub#5135

railhub#5135 Member

So this is what I mean. There is already a screen but it is inactive and doesn't explain the time left for the next arriving train. That is what is needed in the next update like I mentioned earlier. TSW_VRTrainRider_1633466379_00.png TSW_VRTrainRider_1633466394_00.png

9. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

are you using TSW or TSW 2, TSW 2 has Pis on LIRR but TSW never will

10. ARuscoe

On last night's roadmap stream Adam said that the preserved collection crew are going to switch from being route focused (fixing as much as they can on a single route) to being issue focused (so fixing the same core issues across all routes) so PIS is one of those, but the more complex of them (including skybox, track rendering, shadow rendering etc)
    So hopefully we'll see more PIS coming on board soon on routes like LIRR, GWE and so on

11. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

When did you play LIRR for the last time? LIRR already has working PIS.
    TSW 2 exclusive of course, TSW 2020 will never get PIS.

20211006170549_1.jpg