Optimization More Important Then Ever!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Birita, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Bugs are mounting up pretty fast...textures and sound xbox...memory issues ALL platforms...Ps5 being cap for DLCs... crashes ALL around...FPS drops...
    Time for DTG step up!
    Optimization is more important than ever! Stop thinking only about money and FIX the game!
    If not...the ending is fast coming!

• Like Like x 15
  2. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Well money has to be one of the things they pay attention to as a business, but your other points are mostly valid. We are going through a period of multiple rapid releases right after/along a core update so some growing pains are to be expected, but it has been a bit much.

Some is within their control, some not but as a user when you lump it all together it is frustrating, and with so much going on I expect it will take some time for them to hunt down all the bugs and resolve the other issues.

But I don't doubt that they are aware that things haven't been exactly smooth recently and are doing the best they can to try and mitigate the issues and work towards better optimization. Unfortunately it won't happen overnight, because if it was an easy or quick fix we would have seen it by now.

I'm hopeful the BML release will go well so I can play it, I've put off Boston-Providence until the safety systems are sorted out. The cab signalling doesn't work in the cab car, the FCAT the circle button doesn't acknowledge it, and in the Amtrak I was 34 minutes late going around the loop at Boston because cab signalling would only allow me to go between 3-5mph the whole way around even though I had a clear route. Dresden crashed at the end of my first service after the tutorial even though I don't have the 101 (which from the forum sounded like that was the cause of the issue) so I figured I'd save myself further pain by putting that one off for now too. I've been enjoying going back through the preserved collection for now.

Apologies, looks like that turned into a small essay.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Quantity has definitely exceeded quality. It was getting quite bad before Rush Hour, but right now it’s just plain ridiculous.

When starting the game I find myself steering increasingly toward routes where I’m least likely to encounter problems. That room is getting smaller with every new update. No wonder why:
    • Too much DLC in rapid succession.
    • New routes not properly tested before release.
    • New routes not sufficiently fixed post release.
    • Preservation updates not properly tested before release.
    • Preservation updates not sufficiently fixed post release.
    • Too many platforms to manage when optimization is so far behind their ambitions.
    Recipe for disaster.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Going to have to agree with your lately I have been focusing on the really old routes that I know are stable. At some point, DTG has to stop and take a couple of weeks and fix that is severely broken since the rush hour release before releasing more content. There’s going to be a point where so much is broken that it’s going to be a huge mess to clean up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think it is a shared opinion at this point that DTG should avoid trying to release 3 large pieces of content so rapidly, this whole thing has been a bit of a disaster from start to finish in one way or another, and frankly I can’t wait to move on from Rushed rush hour.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I feel you when you said you can't wait to move on from rush hour. This summer for TSW has been hell. I haven't really enjoyed to much with so many issues occurring everytime they released a route from rush hour.

• Like Like x 4
  7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Being new to this community I don't have any context of how DTG operated prior to the Rush Hour release but I was skeptic when purchasing TSW2. I must say I'm rather pleasantly surprised to find DTG communicating about and also working on the problems. Maybe I'm naive and and it always had been like that and nothing ever gets solved but at least bugs aren't considered a feature.

8. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Before rush hour it wasn't that bad. It usually would be minor issues. I honestly think they put to much on their plate on this especially now that we have the next gen consoles.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

DTG have been getting more open and seen to be working alongside the community over the last year or so, but it is clear that there are some gaps in their methodology because 1) bumpy rides for releases and 2) doing too much in one go, are the issues that keep recurring as a whole. (although it doesn't help that Sony make their own mess for the game in addition recently)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1