Other London Commuter General Reports

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by taylormade#6721, Oct 7, 2021.

1. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Like my other thread which deals with Naverkher Dresden issues, this thread is for issues experienced on London Commuter. One that I’m aware of is the game crash during the scenario ‘Quarry Line Quandary’. I was at London Victoria and had to wait for the passengers to board. I exit the train to wander and that’s when it crashed.

2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Ok so here’s one, just installed. Done the introduction and opened the journeys tab….
    0F3EF5FC-4A11-490C-9DB1-B3B6F1E45CF2.jpeg
    apparently I’ve done these services already with gold medals aplenty appearing in all chapters. Haven’t even touched it yet.

The timetable area correctly says I have zero medals and completed services.

looking forward to driving it now, catch you later

Edit:
    A couple more:
    1EE45E9F-6406-499F-9389-798D49061CE1.jpeg
    387 spawns service with connecting corridor open (first run Brighton to vic journey mode)

the sounds of the throttle/brake lever are barely audible, making me make mistakes trying to run hud-less. Can just make out with the windows closed. Windows open- can’t hear at all. Dsd alarm also very quiet. In fact the running sounds are quite quiet overall. Track sounds aws and horn volumes good.
    haven’t compared to the 377 yet but definitely quieter than the ecw 377.

Update:
    In fact I’ve just been caught out by a barely audible dsd brake demand from within the cab view whilst in a loud tunnel.

ps5

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. taylormade#6721

1. The scenery keeps on popping in and I don’t think that’s supposed to happen.
    2. on the bridge going across the River Thames, I can clearly see the end of the world/scenery. There should be more buildings to prevent this 3932612A-399C-4290-BD01-FC9569CACE2C.jpeg 492C2CF3-0576-4756-A3CD-F20E3EEB55CE.jpeg .
    3. Some screenshots above depict 2 AI class 377s stopping just beyond red signals. These are only small issues, and I imagine they will be fixed in the following weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stephen Crofts

Fences on the line are popping in very close to the camera, on ps5 feels like I’m back on PS4 seeing that. Other scenery so far ok.

edit: other fence lines seem ok. Seems to be just one light grey fence next to your running line a few miles after departing Brighton.
    Update:
    No there are a few more fences with poor pop in near purley running north.

generally draw distance is good. But have spotted one or two bridges and signal gantries popping in closer than normal.

5. taylormade#6721

Yeah I’m on ps4 slim.

6. Stephen Crofts

Running with cab windows closed, suddenly gets very loud when under bridges and in tunnels on the 387. the effect is also noticeable with the windows open.

ps5. This issue didn’t occur for Matt on stream. Might be PlayStation only issue?

update:
    Some passing trains can be heard others have no sound from within the 387 cab.

7. Stephen Crofts

There’s a gap in the tunnel modelling letting significant light through on the way to Hassocks station.

8. Stephen Crofts

Scenery glitch
    250C1BAF-DC6E-4FBA-AB53-6F8F8E49E14D.jpeg
    apologies don’t know which station. Just after Gatwick London bound.

I also spotted a very tall black column about the height of a house sitting atop an earlier road bridge but wasn’t quick enough to get a photo. That was about 9 miles before Gatwick.

Update:
    there are one or two roads that are missing textures shortly after Gatwick but before purley.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stephen Crofts

There are one or two trees that definitely need their branches pruning back!

There is major stuttering and low fps on reaching east Croydon.

the route itself is brilliant. All my reports are for the hope of making it even more beautiful. The timetable looks brilliant. but as I found all these on only my first run- there is definitely a need to go in with a bit of spit and polish.

• Like Like x 1
  10. transport

transport Active Member

Same with the lighting

11. lrodoteuk#4757

lrodoteuk#4757 New Member

Can't find the DLC for London Commuter. I've already got the 2 other routes, the only one missing is the London Commuter.
    Look I know it takes time but I think I've waited long enough since I've (We've) been waiting about 6 months for this.

12. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Can't finish the introduction because, and I am going to repeat this until I am blue in the face or someone takes notice, the immersion settings on the cameras are not working!

And before someone comes along and says change to classic, you cannot do that with scenarios or the introductions. With the new routes, you have to use the immersion settings and every single one since Bakerloo, the immersion setting have been broken. It was fine before all of the Rush Hour stuff, it's now broken!

Other than that, from what I have driven so far, it looks alright. I'm eager to jump into this

13. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

It depends on your timezone and what you play on. For sony, it's at midnight where ever you're at. On Xbox and PC. It'll be in a few hours.

14. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

What is it you're trying to do? What platform are you on? What exactly isn't working?

15. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I mention everything right here, it's been an ongoing problem now ever since Rush Hour was released but no one seems to be taking notice

PlayStation - Immersion Cameras | Dovetail Games Forums

16. Stephen Crofts

17. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Yet is also an issue on the London Commuter

18. chris#4512

chris#4512 New Member

hi
    i have a xbox one and ive heard i wont get certain layers , if i upgrade to xbox series s will i then get the layers ? or does it have to be a xbox series x ?

19. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

S or X. As long as it's Next Gen. The only difference between the 2 is the disc drive. One has it, one doesn't.

20. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

Hi,

I would like to report some speed limit issues, coming from Heathrow just before East Croydon : there is a quick transition from the 60 mph speed limit to 45 mph then 30 mph, but it happens so quickly that if you are not aware of the final 30 mph limit, you drive with a huge overspeed before even knowing you need to go on braking :

[​IMG]

Maybe this could be corrected ?

Another thing with the Class 387 : the game's HUD displays "overspeed driving" while actually driving at the speed limit. I usually do this with other trains without the game considering that I'm speeding.

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This might be true to life and just subject to route learning.

• Like Like x 1
  22. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

learn the route and look out for advance warning of speed reductions (triangalur signs), Ive just completed my first ever run southbound as far as Preston Park and ran with no HUD and had just one over speed which was caused by me missing the advance warning of the line speed dropping from 90-80.

23. asilgram

asilgram New Member

Just started VIC to LGW direct timetable. As I was leaving VIC encountered a crash to main Home Screen saying - not enough virtual memory - this was playing on Xbox Series S.

24. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Was driving 1M03 GX Brigthon to Victoria (the third journey) and when approaching Victoria there is a line of more than 10 trains stuck on the fast lane caused by an AI train stuck in a crossover outside victoria.
    2E5DEC99-BA4E-4CAC-BD67-8F15F76F1625.jpeg

Happened to me as well in Riesa-Dresden: an AI train stuck over the crossover to Meisen.

25. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Coming out of siding at Gatwick there a speed sign that says left 0

26. mooredean1978

mooredean1978 Active Member

I'm playing on the Xbox One s and I'm experiencing a lot of sluggish visuals on the new Brighton Mainline like I'm playing in slow motion, not really happy but i understand that new releases do have issues which can be fixed.

27. THEEIWH

THEEIWH New Member

One or two things on PC... On a platform at East Croydon in both a scenario (Catch Up) and freedrive, this message appears floating;

Error_2.jpg

At Selhurst depot, this appears in freedrive. Dunno if the full unit spawns in as I don't have GWE.

Error_1.jpg

There are errors in the Livery Editor for both trains. On the 387, you are unable to place decals on the gangways at each end of the unit when placing them on the front.
    With the 377, similar to the ECW 377, there is a strange glitch with liveries on the PTOSL (see below). I know it's a glitch because it doesn't affect any other vehicle, and no amount of fiddling with the projection sliders appears to fix it.

1282590_20211008140809_1.png

Finally, and this may be minor, but the fences at the North end of Clapham Junction don't seem to be present. Is this a glitch or were they just not added?

Other than these, I'm quite enjoying the route.

28. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Poor frame rate around London Victoria (one minute in real time equates to about 50 seconds in the game) and no AWS sound when passing some loops that need to be acknowledged are the main things I'm struggling with. Playing on Xbox One with about eight DLC's installed.

29. throne280

throne280 New Member

Constant crashes on PS4. Typically seems to happen at Victoria but only when driving a route on the timetable that doesn’t specifically have an end destination within the core game on the main line.

For example, if I do a Brighton run then there are no crashes but if I did an Ore run then it does crash.

I’m not sure if this causes more errors since the game is reading this as the line not actually existing and then drains more memory.

30. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

No it's because instead of getting the countdown to 60 then 45 then 30 you get 2 countdowns to 60 and then straight to 30.

31. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

Although there is a nice echo effect as you pull into London Victoria, this does not apply to any tunnels. The sound inside and outside tunnels is the same. This is best heard if you blow the horn as you enter or leave any tunnel - it sounds exactly the same both inside and outside - but the same can be said for all exterior sound.

32. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the connecting door, however this was on a 377. Soon as the service started it automatically opened and would not shut.

33. THEEIWH

THEEIWH New Member

Found this as well. Two trains coming head-on at Victoria. PC, timetable mode, about 8:30 am.

ba0fbb3e-d993-4e5d-981c-8fedf6c85983.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  34. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The Reigate branch needs some love in places. The obvious one is the missing level crossing to the west of the station, fencing, and additional buildings in that area.

The line from Reigate to Redhill has some open sections that need boundary fencing or hedges and foliage, the line opens up directly into public land with houses and flats on the lineside. Definitely a big no no in the UK as we have to fence off the railway to prevent idiots and animals from trespassing.

• Like Like x 1
  35. throne280

throne280 New Member

After trying to play on PS4 for a few more days here’s what I run into:

Friday I was able to play for about 4 hours until the game crashes.

Today I was able to play for about 6 hours until the game crashes.

Both times was in or between Victoria and Clapham while inside the cabin. It seems that the patchy sound is causing the game to crash since while in external view there are no issues.

36. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Playing the 2nd mission I believe it is - driving the Gatwick Express train from Victoria to Brighton. I was just slowing down to stop on the blue marker when this happened ... I hope it displays ok. Will report it at DTG too.

Attached Files:

37. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Sound like testing this route was so far down dtg to do list they just said we don't have time for nonsence like testing get back to counting our money.

38. mancunian#7861

Well I had major problems with this on only the 2nd mission from the start. Pretty much the same with SE HS too. Shame. Why on earth they don't have open betas or even closed beta testing with users on different platforms, I don't know. It's not like we haven't offered several times before!

• Like Like x 1
  39. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The speed set increase decrease knob on the 377 doesn't do anything. The HUD shows it increasing or decreasing however the red bug on the speedo doesn't shift from 0mph, and if you activate it - the train brakes to zero.

• Like Like x 1
  40. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The 60mph through the up slow platform at Purley shows as 60mph on the HUD (which is correct) but the lineside sign says 80mph.

41. J.R

J.R New Member

I will check later. But playing a GX service from London to Brighton. I got stuck at a red signal 3 away from Preston Park. I checked the map and there was 3 trains in front of me. The front of which had a green signal. This was the second time in a scenario that I had seemed to have been stuck at a red for no reason. I got out the cab and decided to go on foot to see the issue.

At Preston park was a Littlehampton service that should have departed 20 or so mins prior. I opened the cab door, stuck the master key in and then the AI took over and unlocked the doors and did the rest and the train departed and unblocked the line. So I was able to finish the scenario.

42. lrodoteuk#4757

lrodoteuk#4757 New Member

Yea I think I've been having that as well

43. goupil74

goupil74 Member

Capture d’écran 2021-10-10 195053.png Simply walking on Victoria station and UE4 crash....

• Like Like x 1
  44. mancunian#7861

I had a similar report to that only it was when about to stop my train in Brighton. I tried to post the screenshot like you have but couldn't work out how. :)

• Like Like x 1
  45. Blu

Blu Active Member

I noticed that. It looks like its unfinished. I also noticed on the last stream that Matt went to this area then quickly moved a way and his face said it all. I suspect it was overlooked and will be corrected soon.

46. Subway#2400

Subway#2400 Active Member

This is a game error. As you can see on the screenshot I took while driving, the next speed on the HUD is 60, but the sign (and true speed limit) is 45. Nothing too important but it is something that has to be reported :) But at least, now I know that I need to brake a little earlier, haha !

Another thing I noticed, the AWS reset switch and the foot pedal, which are normaly separated, are activated by the same key in this DLC ... ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. taylormade#6721

Few more glitches. 1. Between Sellhurst and East Croydon, I fell through the floor and continued to fall out of the world. The first screenshot depicts where about I was standing when it occurred
    2. Passenger found breaking the rules at Sellhurst too
    3. When I added the poster at Sellhurst, it appeared to be off the wall. 8A5B6E31-3740-466A-8FF2-D67B9194B593.jpeg 0A34E98A-1E8F-41FE-84BC-BC268A48FE3B.jpeg 86D4E60C-FE4E-47DB-88D5-2DAA0FCBDA97.jpeg 023D4404-DC17-4BC5-B880-214CC105C754.jpeg

48. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The 'Don't feed the birds' posters are stand alone and not on walls or fences. They have a stand underneath them.

49. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

The Class 166 services from Redhill to Gatwick seem to award a weird number of AP when you open the doors to complete passenger unloading. It gives 166AP a couple of times rather than 500AP on usual unload tasks.

50. taylormade#6721

Ahh so that’s why. Thanks for the info