The 387 (bml) Appears To Be Broken (ps5)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Oct 7, 2021.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I've loaded in several 387 services so it can't just be a fluke.

The 387 has the wrong set of sounds, it has the 377 sounds for the AWS and doors. Not only that but loading a 387 service at Victoria seems to cause a weird lighting glitch and reduces the framerate to an unbearable stutter.

I knew this route was too good to be true. Yet again us players are the ones who have to do DTG's play testing. Let's just hope it gets fixed soon.

• Like Like x 15
  2. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I loaded in to Victoria with no lighting at all with only the drivers torch affect go see! Seems very laggy and buggy so far.

also fell out of a train on a run randomly…..

3. james64

So this route hasn't even been out an hour and it's already falling apart. Splendid.

• Like Like x 4
  4. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

It’s broken. Absolutely broken. Sounds not looping correctly on ps5. 387 sounds using 377 sounds, falling through certain stairways, missing stop markers, no lighting at Victoria at night.

• Like Like x 2
  5. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Now we know why they wouldn’t preview the ps5 version.

• Like Like x 4
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The sound in the cab is completely messed up. Possibly the worst setup of sound I’ve ever heard in TSW. If nobody else gets there first, I’ll write a scathing bug report tomorrow. It’s not that it’s the wrong sounds, I wouldn’t know the right ones, it’s just how and when they play. Truly awful. Getting a bit fed up of the utter car crash this game is at the moment, I’ll write more tomorrow…

Just editing this to remind myself that the two minutes I spent driving the 377 shows the same issues as the 387 cab sound and that the screen went completely black at one point but stopped short of crashing the game - just in case I forget in the morning after beating seven shades of memory foam out of my pillow during the night.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Came here to say this, the 387 previewed clearly had a very different set of sounds to the one we have, I went back to the stream from earlier and you could immediately tell the difference.

As for the FPS in Victoria, all I can say is LOL, when you’re in the 387 cab it’s 19/20FPS, outside the cab, 35-40FPS.

Also what is with the horrendously overdone wind sounds when you have window on the drivers side open, good lord.

Similar to Stu above, I feel too demotivated to coherently list the issues, the issues with TSW at the moment are really making me consider shelving it which is a real shame.

This DLC was clearly not in a fit release state, and should of been delayed, something which I got the vibe from the stream earlier, and when I got my hands on it, was confirmed.

Edit: Reigate also has that placeholder block of flats, I think we are on an earlier build than we should be.

• Like Like x 6
  8. _Crash_

_Crash_ Member

FFS DTG

• Like Like x 5
  9. james64

I can't believe I lost two hours of sleep on a work night for this. I just wanted to do the tutorials and maybe have a very quick drive in the 387 before going to bed knowing an excellent route would be there waiting for me when I was ready. Now we're gonna have to go through the whole cycle of hearing the same tired apologies and waiting for a patch that'll take who knows how long to get here.

I haven't played TS classic in ten years, but I've never wanted to revisit it more than I do now, at least it works. "The future of Train Simulation", so much for that.

• Like Like x 6
  10. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’ve been for 50 mins and already discovered near 15 bad faults with it. It’s shaping up to be their worst release yet. Makes SEHS look pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Chalk me up disappointed with the rest in this thread which none of us wanted to see.

second pretty much all above… scared to look at tech faults on this site

journey mode…
    Tutorials and scenarios are clean but every other choice in ALL chapters has marked me up for a gold medal already??? What the? Is it my dodgy game save? Anyone else seeing the same?

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Haven’t got that one yet, but to be fair I’ve only done the training so far as 2 of the 6 scenarios I’ve tried have crashed the game at the start.

13. Dantechmanify

Dantechmanify Well-Known Member

It's something we come to expect with a route release by Dovetail. This game desperately needs optimisation. It's beginning to become a joke

• Like Like x 7
  14. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

The sound on ps4 version is dreadful, the looping and the rattling noise every 16 seconds on the 387 and the 377 as if there's a window open. currently riding as a passengers 08:55 service brighton to victoria, even the loading into brighton was bad with only one train in the station. choppy blurry windows while riding as a passenger. reading other comments doesnt fill me with hope when i download this later onto ps5.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

just crack open journey and let me know. I fear it’s just me, I worry if others have this.

2 crash’s? Yikes. Total blue screen with an error each time?

I’ve done the intros so my late night was worth something :D a trophy lol

sleep, will pick this up tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Active Member

It looks like an earlier build was released, at least on PS5. Matt's PC stream earlier this evening clearly showed that the proper station building was present at Reigate, and yet, when I get there...

[​IMG]

And yes, the sounds are really bad. In my first hour playing the tutorials, I also noticed crooked and floating houses north of Preston Park station.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

It's quite clear now that DTG clearly pay zero attention to the PlayStation version of the game and treat us all as complete mugs.

This is a complete train wreck. Poor FPS. Crap sounds. Dodgy lighting and I have barely made it a few miles from Victoria

Anyway, the season pass is the last time I open my wallet for DTG for the foreseeable future. To see the inside of my wallet again they need to get their act together

• Like Like x 12
  18. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Splendid and expected.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

james64 could you kindly amend the numbers 387 to the letters BML on the title please :(

20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

ooo yeah in journey mode I have golds for all the timetable runs in there, but the scenarios within them are still blank, lovely.

As for crashes, yes full PS errors, I strongly suspect this is not the build we should of got.

21. Ghostface1701

Ah, yes, I have the gold medals for the timetable runs in Journey mode too. Didn't check to see if they were also marked as complete in Timetable mode though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They aren’t marked down in timetable for me, only in journey mode.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I was looking forward to the release of the route just like the rest of us on here but so far I am also experiencing a few bugs on the PS4. When starting up a 387 from London Victoria, it felt very sluggish and laggy and I agree the sound on the 387 isn't quite right. I hope DTG bring out an immediate update for the PS because at the moment it is almost unplayable, which is a real shame.

• Like Like x 2
  24. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Could you check the station building at Reigate? I’m wondering if PS4 had the same build as PS5 released.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ghostface1701

I've turned my PS5 off, so can someone check if the cranes at Battersea are still wrong in this version? That'd indicate the build is a few weeks old.

• Like Like x 1
  26. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

This is the station building at Reigate on the PS4:

upload_2021-10-7_2-10-47.jpeg

Looks different compared with the PS5.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  27. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

So it appears only the ps5 version is fcked. Oh that’s a special kind of fail. Not sure whether to laugh or cry and there was everyone worrying that the PS4 version would be inferior

• Like Like x 4
  28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Cranes are updated, however these seemed to have been done between the first and latest article anyway, PS4 is looking like it may have a later build than PS5 so I’m installing that now.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  29. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a later build, going to install now and check it out, thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 2
  30. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Reading all of these and after the car crash that Dresden is I'm dreading what it's going to be like on Xbox when we get it! It's bad enough that Dresden was a broken mess on release, what with a broken achievement and crashing/out of memory errors at Dresden Matte

• Like Like x 3
  31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Seems like PS5 is the one with the botched build, PS4 looks like it has a later build, so Xbox might be safe (at least from the issues listed here), PC previewed before had the up to date build too so there’s no reason to believe that has a spoof build either.

• Like Like x 1
  32. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Someone clicked the wrong button to release. DTG need to stock a fridge of Red Bulls for the staff :) Mistakes happen since we are all only human, however the response rate and fix time is where it all comes down to now.

Searching the forums for a response to this but nothing yet. Is it better that I just delete this route on PS5 until further notice?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

So the PS4 build is definitely a later build. But my god the performance isn’t anything to write home about. Not sure which version is worse but guess this one does have the correct Reigate and proper sounds so I guess it’s the PS4 version for now until they re-release the ps5 version.

• Like Like x 2
  34. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

There are mistakes. And then there is releasing a Beta build to paying customers. This isn’t a mistake. It’s a monumental fck up, one which Sony will surely cane them for too. And I hope they do.

• Like Like x 4
  35. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

I'm on PS5 and downloaded it. I'm glad I came here before actually playing it. So I'll now wait until this mess is fixed before actually playing. I hope its fixed immediately. Poor show if it really is an earlier build released in error

• Like Like x 5
  36. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Doesn't sound too promising at the moment.. Brighton Mainline is the route that everyone has been waiting so anxiously for and you'd think Dovetail would have taken their time and released a good product!! So now we'll have two "Rush Hour" routes that are faulty.. :mad:

Really doesn't surprise me though..

• Like Like x 5
  37. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

It would appear that the PS4 version is mostly fine. Obviously it won’t have all the layers and the textures aren’t quite as sharp but it performs a hell of a lot better than the ps5 version currently. Victoria is illuminated at night and the 387 has its proper sounds. AWS clear tone is mighty loud on the 377 though. Hope that’s not intentional..

But only workaround right now is to play the PS4 version.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  38. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just going to add that the PS4 build is in a much better state, doesn’t look as good, and you don’t get the SE layers which detract a little from London, but none of the PS5 build issues seem to exist so far, having played the first 35 minute scenario, and then a Gatwick - Victoria run.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

How well does the PS4 version run with the insane amount of services?

• Like Like x 1
  40. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Surprisingly not that bad on the ps5 anyway. Some textures are a bit blurry though. And the draw distance on shadows isn’t great. The usual really.

41. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely, I noticed this too. the 387 sounds on stream are totally different to the ones I was hearing in cab.
    There are some notes listed in the tech report forum.
    The wrong sounds are also barely audible on my set-up.

I'm standing outside reigate station right now, this is what I have on PS5 too:
    127DF9A1-76FA-4C3F-8C83-EAA49F50C5D1.jpeg

We've definitely got the wrong build.

• Like Like x 5
  42. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Arrrgh just started downloading the PS5 version then came to this thread!,
    May just do the tutorials and wait for the real build

43. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

skip the whole thing or give the PS4 version a go… or forever be scarred by this release :D:D

edit type : “Scared” and “Scarred” are both possible outcomes

• Like Like x 2
  44. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of driving it with eyes closed and ear protectors on to give it a little more immersion :-p

• Like Like x 2
  45. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

head over to platform 11 3/4 and drive the 700 Thameslink for the ultimate experience :o

• Like Like x 2
  46. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Is that a semi detached house? Lmao wtf is that car doing in the platform

47. Goonerrob1104

Goonerrob1104 New Member

Yeah it is terrible on ps5 frame rate is terrible loading into cabs on service mode or walking into a cab on scenario either the frame rate goes to about 5fps or the game crashes
    Screenshot shows the distorted look when the frames go down

Sounds are terrible also

Attached Files:

48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Bloody hell. Another botched release. Should I even bother downloading it on the PS5? I accept mistakes happen, but DTG makes a lot of mistakes. It’s embarrassing.

• Like Like x 4
  49. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Oldest 387 czar pretty well broken the few get a 15 frames and second and I'm very strange color patterns in the cab come on dovetail these glitchy launches are starting to get slightly annoying let's pull it together guys

50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think it has gone past ‘slightly’ annoying. Every one of the three Rush Hour releases have been significantly broken in one way or another. It’s not fair.

• Like Like x 6