Please Dim Or Allow Us To Dim All Signal Lights In Tsw2, It's Very Unplesant

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

A long time concern that existed in TSW and now TSW2, the signals on the railway on all routes are very bright as you approach them in the distance but return to "normality" as you are close. This to me, makes no sense and it adds a very unpleasant feel to the experience. I uploaded an example on one of the German Routes. If you are worried about what the status of the signal light, there is plenty of in-game aid to tell you.

The brightness on the signal lights are too bright, It's a very unpleasant feel to it all.

Attached Files:

2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Signal brightness at distance is (I believe) a normal function as they need to be visible to give the driver reasonable reaction time. No point in them only being visible once on top of them as you would have no decision and reaction time to respond.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Gabe_1.0

That would not be true. If you look at Zusi3 for example their train simulation has lights dimmed "realistic" level. That's also use for professional driver training as well. There are a few "holywood" effects in TSW2 which are not hard to spot if you know what to look for. It's probably done this way so it attracts a wider range of customers. But some of us want the game to be realistic in as many aspects as it can be. Probably DTG has not had any imput on this much so it tends to be buried. Glad the patch is out there, will apply it asap.

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Railway signals are visible from a great distance. If we didn't have the light corona around them like we have now, you wouldn't be able to see them from a distance like you're supposed to.

Sure the light corona effect may be "too big" in comparison to real life, but it's needed so it's still visible on a smaller screen, compared to real life.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gabe_1.0

I applied the patch. To my knowledge that is realism. Zusi3 cuts out the corona completely, you simply have to be aware. But the game has the aid available to reveal the next signal aspect. It's perfect in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Due to TSW being, well, on a screen, and real life being, well, real life, the lens flare Is there in-game (at the level it is at) so you can see signals from a reasonable distance. I'd support this in the optional sense, but not if it is enforced upon us.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gabe_1.0

Well the overall idea is to add it as a customizable option. So you will get to adjust the corona brightness to suit your realism level just like you would with brightness, contrast, etc. Zusi3 has this as well.

9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I too find the default setting annoying.