Xbox Sale Was On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, Jul 13, 2021.

1. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

I think what is on "sale" is due to TSW2 now being included in Game Pass(?) so small discounts will remain for some time?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Sorry for the necro-bump, but the sales appeared to have dried up completely. I am keen to fill out the gaps in my Xbox TSW collection to get those layers working on the Rush Hour routes. Can we see some deals on the preserved routes please Dovetail? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

What you mean the layers that they aren’t giving us?

4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'd fix the texture and audio issues sooner if we all promised to buy routes at full price as soon as they do XD

• Like Like x 2
  5. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

As far as I know the gen 9 consoles get all the goodies, but gen 8 have limited layers. It sounds unfair but it’s the reality of the age of the hardware. DTG are trying their best to accommodate this but at least you’re getting the routes and they’re not planning to drop support for the foreseeable future. Hopefully next year it will be easier for people to upgrade.

I’m mainly looking for the older German routes to feed those layers.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Princess Entrapta

I mean, I suppose they COULD potentially enable the layers on last gen consoles.
    If people didn't mind playing in 480p or somesuch.

7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

No thanks :)

8. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

LOL I don’t think it would make any difference as it’s the number of different vehicles that fill up the memory. For instance the ICE takes up a ton because it has many different coaches in one rake (This was divulged in a recent stream).

9. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Only thing that worries me is series s memory it's consider3d 9 gen and shares all layers with pc yet it has lower RAM and more suceptable to crashes

10. fl991r

fl991r Member

On the latest stream Matt suggested that people could try to run the series S in performance mode instead of quality mode. Maybe that's a workaround that could keep frames up and crashes down for series S users.

11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Oakville was never at Sale

12. Princess Entrapta

Doesn't solve the crashes on BML.
    I've only ever played on 60fps mode on Series S. Some services leaving Victoria it crashes with an out of memory message before even finishing the load screen.

13. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

So getting back on topic, it would be nice if DTG threw a few preserved routes on sale so XBox Series players can flesh out the layers of the RH routes. I’m talking of those German and UK DLC which directly benefit Rieza-Dresden and London-Brighton.

I know East Coastway and SEHS are useful, is there an 09 somewhere? Maybe WSR then. Not sure for the DE routes, maybe BR101, MSB and RSN? Anyone know the full list?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Princess Entrapta

Most of these had a recent sale shortly before RH released, so it may be a while.

15. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Are we getting some trick or treat deals this Halloween? :)

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Xbox got cheated again

• Like Like x 3
  17. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Over 2 months now since we had any sale on the Xbox store :(

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  18. emdzej

emdzej Member

Maybe because it's in Game Pass?

19. Princess Entrapta

The annoying part with how MS' store works is that as long as it has the GP discounts active, for those of us without GP, we constantly have the message that "7 items from your wishlist are on sale" when those routes and locos show at the regular price for us.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I suspect we cant have any real discounts while TSW2 is on game pass, its the one major flaw of game pass which overall has been very good.

• Like Like x 2
  21. fl991r

fl991r Member

I don't know if I imagined this, but on Tuesday's stream I think someone asked Sam, "are sales coming for console" and he said "yes", firmly. It's a pretty broad question since it has no timeline or any distinction between PS and XBOX, but I still hold out hope!

22. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

That was me who asked and I expected that I would not get a clear answer. Worth the try

• Like Like x 1
  23. Princess Entrapta

New year sale tends to be one of the biggest two of the year on XBox so wouldn't surprise me to see TSW2 content in there.

Pretty sure my GP-having friends have confirmed that part of why they have GP is that the deals from sales and the GP discounts stack with each other, meaning when they do buy stuff in sales it's cheaper than what I pay for the same games..

• Like Like x 2
  24. fre

fre Active Member

Anyone else see this towards the top of the list of threads and get a little excited? :o

• Like Like x 10
  25. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

Every time :)

• Like Like x 1
  26. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Same lol

27. bobbobberdd

It might be time that the creator of the thread changed the name of this thread

28. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

He can set between ON or OFF depending on the actual situation. ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  29. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Another major Xbox store sale completely devoid of TSW or TSW2 content :(

30. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I dont expect a sales for xbox anymore, there to greedy.

• Like Like x 1
  31. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I generally don't complain about this and I know it's not DTG's fault, but it's a shame, not even a sale for Black Friday.

• Like Like x 4
  32. drdelorian#5980

drdelorian#5980 New Member

Not sure if mentioned but Amazon are doing a Black Friday deal on disc version of TSW2 Collector's Edition for only £18.99 giving you the Preserved Edition DLC that comes with it

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I feel embarrassed at asking for a handout, but when will there be some Xbox DLC sales?
    Not a sausage for Black Friday, although I did treat myself to some other games.

34. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Sorry- still don't buy DTG's story on this. Every other title out there gets sales on Xbox all the time. I just think they don't really make an effort tbh.

• Like Like x 3
  35. Princess Entrapta

I know you have constant discounts on "AAA" stuff, but there's also the usual suspects of the long list of shovelware indies that are on sale every two months, it's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 3
  36. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Xbox users get screwed constantly, I'm not buying the "gamepass has nothing to do with affecting sales on xbox" it clearly does

• Like Like x 3
  37. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I am not sure, if they do sales as often as they do on PC must be because they are worthwhile for them (even if it's just a PR boost), there would be no reason to not follow the same path here on consoles... The only reason I could come up with is that they wilfully decide to do less discounts on consoles knowing they can blame MS or Sony, but I don't believe that for a second.

I just think that is MS and Sony are much less used to handling games like TSW and TS with so many DLCs, and the way they schedule sales is probably the same for every other game, so they don't consider how different TSW is from other games, and to be fair, TSW2 is both on GamePass, and the core game goes on sale semi-regularly, the problem is, as usual, the DLCs. Generally DLCs are much less likely to go on sale even on other games (for example I don't believe I've ever seen Ace Combat DLCs on sale), simply because the majority of the time DLCs are not as important/expensive/numerous like in TSW, at least for the vast majority of console games.

Take MSFS for example, on the Marketplace there is always discounted stuff, because it's controlled directly by the MSFS team, I can't see so many items being on sale if instead of being MP entries they were official DLC.

Having said that I would love to be able to purchase stuff for consoles directly from the DTG store, similarly to how the MSFS marketplace works, this could allow DTG to put things on sale whenever they want.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Princess Entrapta

Nah, XBox has very frequent DLC focused sales. They're quite regular, with frequently included titles being stuff like the sims franchise (Scrolling through all the DLCs for those games when they're all 50% off, now that's time consuming).
    These happen pretty regularly, and tend to have a bunch of big names (GTA, ESO, Forza, etc) as well as a load of other stuff (Payday 2, DBZ, MHW, Rocket League, etc). One of these regular sales which focus on DLC-heavy titles would be the perfect fit for TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  39. fre

fre Active Member

Was really hoping for a sale today or this week. The next obvious opportunity for one now seems to be Christmas, which is disappointing given it was July since Xbox last got any sort of sale. Been looking to pick up the TGV for a while now but it can wait a little longer..

• Like Like x 5
  40. bobbobberdd

The TSW2 core is currently on sale at 13,49€

Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  41. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I agree but the past few years have shown me that DLC sales for TSW are far and few. The core game seems to go on sale pretty frequently, but DLC hardly ever.

42. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

Of course - that’s the DLC business model for many companies. Offer frequent and deep discounts on the core game to tempt people in, or even give the core game away for free (e.g. by putting it on Game Pass), and then make your money by charging eye-watering sums for DLC and offering relatively meagre and infrequent discounts.

For me a combination of patience and a big backlog of other games helps to limit the financial damage!

• Like Like x 1
  43. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

The point is that every other platform gets frequent sales but xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Probably because TSW2 is available as part of gamepass and as such allows subscribers a discount on DLCs. No other system (PS, Steam or Epic) have the core game available for free as part of a subscription service (exception to this was when the game launched on Epic and was free for the first week).

TSW2020 was part of gamepass until earlier this year when it was switched to TSW2.
    Unfortunately I can't say why TSW2 didn't get discounts before it went on gamepass.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  45. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

If you have a gamepass subscription like me, you get a $3 discount on all tsw2 routes and a $2 discount on all tsw2 locos. So routes would cost $26.99 and loco/emu dlcs would cost $17.99 with a Gamepass subscription. I'll probably get the 313 once the Preserved crew add the BML 377 to East Coastway.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  46. fl991r

fl991r Member

Noticed a year end sale on my XBOX, but sadly TSW 2 and its DLC don’t seem to be included.

Although I play on XBOX, I got the game for free on Epic during the giveaway and went over to look in their store. Some of the prices really made me weep (90% off!). Here’s hoping they can do better in 2022 for XBOX.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Aaargh, yet another Xbox Store sale with absolutely zero discounted TSW2 DLC. Have we upset DTG for some reason? When I was on PC there were sales seemingly every 5 minutes. Game Pass (which I no longer use) gets -10% on select items, but not the heavy discounts we see on the other platforms.

• Like Like x 4
  48. Princess Entrapta

Meanwhile I picked up a few things in this sale that my game pass-having friends have been enjoying on GP for the last couple of months.

• Like Like x 1
  49. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

It took 6mth of complaining to get the last tsw2 dlc sale we got.It might take 6mths of complaining to get another one.also this game being on game pass bs is a pathetic constant excuse for lack of sales that doesn't hold water,when so many other game dlc's get sale dispite being on game pass as well.

I still have never been 100% convinced that dtg has absolutely no say on dlc's sales for there own game.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  50. bobbobberdd

This whole issue is getting more unfair every day when you see that PC and PlayStation Players are getting Routes with almost 90% Discount.

I hope that if we get a Sale again someday we will also get such big Discounts.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5