London Commuter (brighton) - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Those services might run via Preston Park and be drivable from Brighton to Preston Park.

• Like Like x 1
  2. penguinmatt#1924

penguinmatt#1924 Active Member

That might explain it. Thinking about it you would only be able to get a 4 car train out of Brighton towards Hove if it had come down the main line

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Having watched a few stream reigate still looks wrong why it's its a house as a station when it's not double storey in real life

• Like Like x 1
  4. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I agree. They have done absolutely nothing to Reigate since the first screenshots a couple of weeks ago, despite promising to do so.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Which stream was Reigate featured on, most have missed that one

6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Screenshot (553).png

Screenshot (548).png

Screenshot (550).png

7. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I think some YT streamers may have an old build, as the one I watched had the block of flats at Reigate replaced.

• Like Like x 4
  8. JimbobQ

JimbobQ Member

Yeeeah it seems some are running a older build to others.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

That's better

• Like Like x 1
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I tend not to pay attention to detail of these preview streams as it's impossible to know if they are on the latest build etc. They have their uses and very enjoyable to watch but I wouldn't use them as a source to state that X looks like Y etc

• Like Like x 1
  11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

What are peoples thoughts then? Victoria looks nice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

All looking good for release - I think the only things I'd note from a scenery perspective at the moment are:

- The western end (towards Dorking / Reading) of Reigate still looks very rough and ready around the crossing
    - Would really have liked to see more London skyline landmarks
    - Some trees clipping into the train path on the northbound fast lines that Matt drove last with the GX 387

Aside from that, the rest of the issues I think were spoken about. Really looking forward to driving the route tomorrow - I did get the impression that a Thameslink DLC was definitely on the cards too (although it's not in the roadmap yadda yadda).

• Like Like x 2
  13. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

I'm disappointed that it seems at bit rushed to finish, I'm not suggesting that it's going to be a poor route, it just lacked the polish, such as no PIS on AI trains, the terrible crossing at Reigate, honestly if that was real, that would be closed in a heartbeat.
    It may seem harsh but DTG need to realise that they have set the bar and the bar is already high, they cannot afford to lower it, because we can vote with our pockets not our instincts

• Like Like x 1
  14. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Is it me, or does anyone else find the new rattling in the 377 cab slightly annoying?
    I get that impression too, I mean obviously nothing is certain, but with certain stations only being served by Thameslink for the majority in real-life, some stations in-game on TSW 2 London Commuter are completely empty. What I'm getting at is that if such a DLC could never be included, then why is no 377s then in place of these to make the route busier instead of leaving a gap which might never be filled? Fair enough the timetable is set on 2018, but just a few years prior, Southern did operate the likes of Horsham-London Bridge via all slow-line stations (today these are now Thameslink Horsham-Peterborough), so not totally unrealistic. Maybe a potential option for older console players to have 377s substitute if they can't get a Thameslink layer in the future to increase overall busyness.

Obviously pure speculation, but who knows, good to debate nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Personally I find it adds a little personality to the usually dull, sterile cabs.

Also helps with the feeling of speed on what is a particularly rough railway.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I think that is the issue with all Rush Hour tracks. They are all very nicely modeled, and full of services. But all plagued by the "last 5%" bugs, like AI without pantographs, lights and PIS, routing issues, safety system misbehaving...

• Like Like x 1
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I actually thought the rattle was Matt tapping the q key in the same way I do pzb acknowledge until they said.

I am guessing the airport isn’t modelled as no end of people asked on stream and it was not see,answered. We may be surprised yet.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MisterV

MisterV Member

As long as it's random or tied to physics and not on a loop I quite like it, makes the cab feel more alive.

19. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Let's hope the PC version is better than the console version...... Not looking good so far from looking online and in the PS sections on here. :o

20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

PS5 had an incorrect version upload. The PS4 version is much better from what I've seen and read. No doubt DTG will be "learning from their mistakes" yet again on this one.
    Xbox has just been released as well so hopefully no issues on that console, and of course Steam and Epic later

21. MisterV

MisterV Member

Looking at the Xbox forum it seems the Gen 8 consoles accidently got all the layers and it's crashing on load

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

Yup. Separate issue, but yet another "mess up" (note clean version) for DTG to fix first thing.
    QA on their upload team really do need a good talking to (given the issues with the 4.26 migration)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Not sure if mentioned already, but I've got ECW and SHS, why are there only 2x class 66 services?! Or are there more if you own GWE?
    Nothing from Ardingly, nothing from Purley, nothing from Crawley?
    Surely they can better use the 66 layers

Importantly ps5 version (at least with me), there is a bridge missing at Keymer Junction. Between XKM and wivrlsfield station.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  24. yankely

yankely New Member

Any idea when they are getting the release for the version on steam? People some how are getting it

25. ARuscoe

Joe, the guy who built the timetable, said on the stream last week that he didn't focus on the freight or any additional runs (railtours) because they were so focussed on the passenger runs. It amazes me that they managed to fit in a random HST going through Clapham but not freight runs which would at least give (almost) full route length runs with adverse signalling, runarounds (at Haywards Heath) in a 66
    There are about 40 possible freight slots every day on this route (many linking up with the freight on ECW) but nope, not in game

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Only a tiny bit of Gatwick Airport is modelled. Very little detail on the runway and it looks more like a warehouse than an airport. Not something you can see from the tracks though, so probably no big deal.

27. WaveyDavey

Usually 17:00 UTC.

The people laying already are on console which are released at midnight local time.

28. yankely

yankely New Member

Some people have it on steam

29. WaveyDavey

Possibly people who get pre-release versions for review purposes.

30. yankely

yankely New Member

Well I was supposed to get that but I never did

31. Trainmania100

Very disappointed with the realism of the lineside scenery. Preston park Northbound is complete unrealistic, it shows you going over some sort of viaduct into Preston park which is wrong, the buildings should actually be above track level on the west side...

Missing bridge at Keymer Junction
    Missing footbridge at Haywards heath from the car park
    A23 bridge is completely wrong, footbridge is right but the brick bridge doesn't go over the A23!

Preston park has a hut on the platform which seemingly despite feedback on the first screenshots, hasn't been removed.

I'm at Haywards heath now and not going to post every wrong piece of lineside structures,

Does anyone find the 377 braking a bit poor?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Trainmania100

Fast line into East Croydon platform one, hud shows 60mph when it's actually 45

33. WaveyDavey

Maybe you should have been speaking to DTG directly before today then to advise them you could not access your pre-release copy. ;)

34. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Well, this was a surprise to see at Brighton.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

35. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Not yet showing on Steam

36. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

It's seems we have another rushed and broken at release route, it is starting to get beyond a joke now. It really does seem that the console releases are becoming increasingly difficult to manage properly and I do wonder whether they should go back to separate release dates to help spread the workload.

Whilst us PC users should perhaps consider ourselves lucky that we have not been effected by some of the previous issues (yet!), it does seem that more and more development time is being taken up "firefighting" the console problems and that is only going to impact the development of everything going forward.

• Like Like x 2
  37. ARuscoe

The majorly broken part was due to file inconsistencies rather than anything wrong with the release candidate itself.
    This to me lends itself more to how DTG need to line up release candidates with the various stores rather than the end product being THAT broken. I mean it's got other issues as well, but the version issues are something different.

38. bittesteigensieein

bittesteigensieein Member

Really looking forward to this. I remember running this route in the days of Microsoft Train Simulator as a teenager and wishing for something better and closer to real-life. A big congratulations to all the team. Although there will be things that are not quite perfect, I can appreciate all the effort that goes in whilst balancing the needs of running a business with many projects.

39. WaveyDavey

Why? It’s a current real world service.

9C1FF0C6-E6EE-4AC9-81D9-9B996BB5BE09.png

• Like Like x 4
  40. domanic

domanic New Member

yarp, GWR have run services into brighton for well over a decade.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ARuscoe

And virgin before them!

42. 5cip

5cip Active Member

are there only 2 freight scenarios or is something wrong ?

43. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

No only 2 freight services. They focused on building 4000 passenger services instead of focusing on freight.

• Like Like x 2
  44. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

In the stream last week they said that additional freight services could come in a future update.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I suppose, since it's called " London Commuter ", we shouldn't have expected much in the way of freight. And I largely discount any talk of possible new additions coming in a vaguely worded possible update at an unspecified future time. There are things we are still waiting for that were mentioned months ago, some a year or more ago.

I just hope the route works as advertised on PC rather than the debacle we are witnessing on console.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

This add-on isn't my cup of tea, but since I bought the season ticket I did a run just to test. While other routes flows nicely with FPS above 30, I only achieve 15-25 in this.

47. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Did my first run on it just now. The route is filled with train traffic, it's a joy to see. It's also long and incredibly fun to run. A route between two major termini is awesome to see.
    Bugs are, of course, present as usual. I couldn't finish my first service as I got stuck in a cue of forever stuck trains just after East Croydon (running towards london). Also it still feels like the rush hour passengers weren't turned on or something. When spawning in Victoria there were like five bored people walking around the massive station, and running a 12-car train smack in the middle of rush hour seemed like it had maybe 80 people on it maximum. It was very airy inside.
    Raildriver support is inconsistent as usual. For some reason in this version of the 377 there are no mappings for the speed control like there were on the East Coastway version of the same train. Just as I was getting used to where it's buttons are :|

Going to try the 387 next, see what that one is about.

48. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]An ungated uk level crossing on what irl is a very busy road. Really?

49. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]That platform isn't very PRM compliant...

• Like Like x 3
  50. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

They aren't on. They said Rush Hour passengers will be enabled later.