Train Sim World 2 - London Commuter - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 7, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The third route in the Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Season Ticket, London Commuter, has arrived!

Take control of services across the historic Brighton Main Line during the busy rush hour, used by commuters and tourists for around 180 years and filled with eye-catching architecture and landmarks, it’s now yours to explore and master.

Read the article here.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m glad this route is out now, but it could be the Rush Hour route with the most issues by far.

• Like Like x 2
  3. lordgoderic#1032

lordgoderic#1032 New Member

once again you announce that it is out for Epic games but it is not yet.

4. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

I have an issue on the PS4 the 387 motor sound keep cutting out

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

It should be available on Epic now.

6. emdzej

emdzej Member

Nice map. Good work.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Nothing to brag about on release day. A colossal let down all across the board.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

What about is a let down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Right? In terms of a release this one has been the smoothest yet.

The quality of the DLC is top notch work.

• Like Like x 4
  10. kevin.charb81

It's pretty clear by now: it crashes and is unreliable. Cannot run any service with assurance. The frame rates are poor, and the missing RH passengers (though in the pipeline) are not as promised literally a week ago. Textures, missing scenery, sound mixing, more dispatcher issues....to name a few.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Michael Newbury

I agree I woke up this morning and there it was ready to download.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kevin.charb81

Feels like some sarcasm is going undetected...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michael Newbury

So far I am not having any issues on PC.

14. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Found this: A 377 and a 375 coupled together. Is this intentional/realistic? I find it quite cool :D what.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah Southeastern own/lease 2 Southern 377’s which Joe has allowed us the opportunity to see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

The route is practically unplayable on PS5, there have been countless reports of crashes, glitches and poor performance. I think DTG have some explaining to do.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

A bit of praise for dtg, despite the issues raised by many, for the best part the BML route is fantastic. With exception to the FPS drops around London, the 4pm sunlight effects on passing units is fantastic and detail is excellent.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The route is impressive in terms of detail and the timetable is frankly unbelievable, it’s just such a shame all the reported issues are impacting it. I have faith issues will be fixed in time, I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. This route has huge potential. Just watching the trains is fun.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

This might be a your console or a your PC problem because I'm not having an issues at on. In fact I'm having a quite a blast on it

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Sounds are broken on both trains, the sound got always silence few seconds or you don’t hear the starting on the 377

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The route looks amazing. Will I buy it? Unlikely. Main reason: I'm a locomotive guy. No freight (and I'm not buying ECW and a new Xbox to get it).

22. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

So far I haven't had any crashes and my framerates are actually better than DRA, even around London. I wonder if this may be specific to your machine or you are on a console?

Cheers

23. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

The issues are very much apparent on PS5.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It's so weird to me that PS5 is having so many problems considering the code should be mostly identical to PC snd Series S/X. I've been playing all day on Series X (via Xbox cloud) and my experience has been quite good. Framerates are good (though a little lower in Victoria station) and the traffic is very busy. The map might be my favorite in all of TSW. Thameslink DLC and some additional freight services would make it even better IMO.

Anyway, hope they can get PS5 issues settled soon.

• Like Like x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Highly resource-consuming, but looks great. Not my taste, but I guess I'll stay here for a while :D
    good job

• Like Like x 1
  26. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

Textures on the 377 on XBOX. They are fine...until you get moving and it becomes a mess! On the plus side, the 387 is a joy to drive so good job dtg on that.

27. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Please change the name to Brighton Main Line on the route selection screen. I understand why the DLC item is named Rush Hour: London Commuter for marketing purposes, but on the route selection screen it needs to be BML. “London Commuter” makes no sense in-game when GWE, SEHS and Bakerloo are also based around the capital.

• Like Like x 13
  28. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

I’ve just downloaded the route and my entire game has uninstalled, I’ve now got 16 downloads queued waiting to install. That’s me not playing anytime soon. Done with this company now

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  29. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I have noticed a patch drop on steam. Is this a response to the problems on the BML?

30. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave New Member

Same with me occasionally you have a dip in the sound but what bugs me most is the frame rate on this route its less than others and it shows,how is it the training modules are ultra smooth yet the game is like stop frame animation....?

• Like Like x 2
  31. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

This RH pack is really good value, thanks DTG! But now i need do upgrade my system, lot of freezing and stuttering. Maybe more RAM will help (I only have 8GB). So I can run smoothly to Victoria.

• Like Like x 1
  32. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

It makes you wonder why they decided to go with London commuter and Boston Sprinter. They are perfect names if you plan on adding extensions at all!

• Like Like x 1
  33. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Absolute magic, thanks DTG, this route is fantastic. Gave the 387 a spin last night and it's a joy to drive (other than repeating TrainSim-Matt 's trick of looking outside and not hearing the DSD go off, oh well :D). Only minor niggle I have is the Xbox sounds and the texture issue but I know that's being looked into so no worries there.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Nielsen

Brighton Main Line is already the complete line, so there’s no need for an extension.

Boston - Providence could still be named Northeast Corridor if extended.

35. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Wivelsfield to Lewes +ECW Merger (maybe Brighton Commuter would work better here??) Line to London Bridge??

36. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Mixed feelings. I have this on both PS5 and PC. On PC both Riesa Dresden and London Brighton are excellent. On PS5 the whole of Rush Hour has just been terrible.

So far on this route sounds cutting in and out or not firing at all and crashes. Not seeing terrible frame rates yet though.

Along with the missing DLC issue and the missing / crash causing DB BR 101 on Riesa Dresden, I‘m really regretting buying it for PS5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Ran the first journey and the sound under bridges and tunnels was awful and it crashed after arriving at Brighton, second run crashed half way be Victoria and Gatwick but the sound had improved, the third run was perfect, this followed a system update from Sony and the update from DTG.

38. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Wow, that plane comes over really low during the opening tutorial. Can't believe anyone at DTG is happy with that model!

Surely it's no more than a few minutes work to move the engines along to a sensible position on the wings - was it built by someone on work experience who'd never seen a plane in real life?

Edit: Seems like I posted too early. Probably more of an issue is that I got a CE-108225-1 crash before I made it to the second station on the opening tutorial. Guess I should go back to Dresden for a bit, give this a bit of breathing room for initial fixes?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  39. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We know from our experience building Flight Sim World that the aircraft manufacturers are extremely particular about anything that might look like a real aircraft (and indeed have had knocks on the door from at least one aircraft manufacturer in the past for planes in Train Sim).

Therefore, the plane currently in TSW is intended to be absolutely NOT like any plane to avoid any legal problems - and I get that the end result is far from desirable.

We are following up with aircraft manufacturers however to see if we can get an agreement in place, and if so we'll upgrade the model to something realistic. Unfortunately this is a slow process and didn't meet the schedule for the Brighton route - so we put the "bad" plane in because having no planes landing at Gatwick at all felt more wrong.

Matt.

• Like Like x 26
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  40. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

FPS always drops around London in any scenario, I can remember this happening back in 2013 in TS with their East mainline - London to Ipswich. Hurtle along merrily until you get into London proper and approach Liverpool St. then you sort of move in jerks the rest of the way! I hope they redo that dlc for TSW2 because boy has the City skyline changed in those few years, and the trains have got sexier too.

41. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

My first TS1 route was CML, and the area around Victoria was painful for the laptop I was on at the time. Better with an FPS lock in place and on a proper desktop setup (even if it is a few years old now)
    Hopefully my unit will handle Victoria better on TSW2 with multi-core support and proper 64-bit

42. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

and what a terrible arrival it was. Seriously you need to apologise now and get the problems on console sorted. It is a borderline mockery.

• Like Like x 2
  43. ryannlang

ryannlang New Member

upload_2021-10-8_10-25-28.png upload_2021-10-8_10-25-59.png
    Yikes....
    Edit-Should also mention that i got stuck at Redhill due to a 166 being stuck there and not leaving but yh, oh and on the end of my 377 the yellow doors on the corridor connection of my train were locked open for some reason and I couldn't close them

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So the signal box is fairly accurate (and probably bespoke), but they didn't model the rest at all... weird

• Like Like x 3
  45. ryannlang

ryannlang New Member

yes and the signalbox would look quite decent if it had some decoration around it but it just looks like this odd isolated building with no fences no greenery and just nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt, appreciate your response. Was quite exciting having it fly over so low, but then... "Ohhhh".

I know there's a detailed critique elsewhere on these forums, but I don't think any of its other proportions really need changing for the length of time you see it, just those engines! :D

47. billyisitt

billyisitt Member

I’m playing on Xbox series s and I’ve noticed that the extra layers ai are not on it’s like they’ve been turned off and they’ve only been working occasionally this needs to be fixed

• Like Like x 3
  48. Nielsen

This route should not have been released on Playstation, not yet at least. So sluggish FPS throughout the route and sometimes it just freezes up without crashing the game, forcing the player to exit. No Rush Hour system implemented at release, which was the main feature beside the route itself. Audio balance is a mess and two thirds of the train layers didn’t make it to PS4.

Submit this level of work for an exam in programming and you would fail, DTG. Yet you have the nerve to take people’s money. Redeem yourself, or lose trust and potential future income.

• Like Like x 1
  49. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

You know, I had a feeling this was the case as I have a series S too. It seems all too quiet for 4,000 AI services etc.
    How do we go about getting this looked into? I have all DLC required and downloaded...

• Like Like x 1
  50. billyisitt

billyisitt Member

The series s should have all the layers working at all times but it doesn’t look that way I myself have all the dlc installed aswell so something is not right and needs fixing