Skyhook Db Br 187 First Picture?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Oct 5, 2021.

1. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

I do like, well love train, but I do not see why re-do a run when it is marked as done

it is like trying to re-do the Journey, it can not be re-done, as once it is marked as done, it can not be done again

just my own opignion

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Probably abit getting lost in translation here, but you can play the service again.

In any case it’s long been argued that the scoring and medal system doesn’t really belong in a train sim, if you play to tick boxes then kudos, personally I, and others, are really only interested in TSW to drive the trains, I certainly don’t have an issue with replaying services, let alone in a brand new train, it’s a whole new experience.

The 187 will substitute across many routes and many services, so I doubt there’s not a service in there you haven’t played.

Substitution also makes a huge difference across the game, because it shakes up the variety, which in turn, ironically makes every service different, so where you say there’s no point in replaying a service, TSW is so dynamic that no service is ever the same for the most part. I’d suggest changing the weather or something, you may have a gold on a summer afternoon, but how about a snowy December morning, especially with freight services, the weather changes things dramatically then.

I suppose this is the thing about the loco add ons though, they’re focused on the train and not much else, which I’m perfectly fine with, and that’s why I have a large fleet across routes which always offer a different run, even on the same service.

• Like Like x 5
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I personally really like redoing the same run with a different loco. An old school BR 155 handles way differently than a modern BR 185, which provides you with a different experience, which I enjoy.

Edit: You can also do the same run with different weather. MSB in winter is a different beast compared to MSB in summer.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘m pretty sure it doesn‘t really work on those. The B light doesn‘t go on when you activate LZB and at least for the preserved versions, when Matt tested the updated version on HMA, it was completely broken. Sadly, I don‘t have high hopes for working LZB on the 187.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Getting LZB to work correctly across all locos that have it would be great :).

It even affects things like frieght, because freight trains can drive faster under LZB, because LZB allows them to brake in time for signals they otherwise wouldn't have been able to stop for at high speeds.

In RE services LZB might guide you onto 80km/h passing loops more smoothly, etc.

So please, get LZB working properly on all locos/units that have it DTG and 3rd party devs :).

• Like Like x 4
  6. Lamplight

Agreed on all points. It‘s a shame that it seems like only the ICEs, 423s, and 101s seem to have truly functional LZB - oddly enough all trains that Maik Goltz was involved in :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean I feel we aren’t really giving Skyhook a fair chance here, this is their first German loco for TSW so we don’t really know what to expect.

As for DTG, I think we all know by now that if they don’t get third/second party help, we shouldn’t expect anything above mediocre, BML for example will be heavily carried by Joe’s passion for the route and I hope he is rewarded adequately for how much he’s done for DTG there.

Props to all the devs at DTG, it isn’t their fault as the decisions as to how far they can go comes down from above them, and Matt made that clear tonight as even he was unable to delay the London Commuter DLC to get us all the features it’s supposed to have.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Lamplight

Fair point. I‘m perfectly willing to give Skyhook a chance - that‘s why I‘m eagerly waiting for a preview stream for this loco.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Me too, me too.

• Like Like x 2
  10. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

No coincidence at all :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The real issue is that LZB wasn't integrated into the game until TSW2 with SKA, so none of the Preserved Collection routes or locos were built with it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

That's rather self-contradictory, as Joe is a fulltime DTG employee, not "second or third party help."

13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Well if he did it in his own time that gets a little blurry, the point is that if he didn’t do what he did, in his own time, DTG in all likelihood, would not of delivered what we have.

• Like Like x 1
  14. solicitr

It's not as if he did it as a side-project hobby! It was his job- but (thankfully for us) he put in very long hours at his job.

15. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I'm actually fairly certain that he did it in his own (unpaid) time, same as the Dresden-Riesa devs that created the Meissen branch.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very like db 187

17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Except that’s exactly what he did.

18. solicitr

Erm, no. Doing the timetable for BML was his job assignment. He just happened to put in hours like a junior associate at a law firm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Good lord.

20. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

That's a valid point. BUT, even after the MSB preserved collection update, the 185 didn't have LZB and the 146 ONLY in the Hud. I mean i really like DTG's work on the most things, but this is still something that... isn't really nice.

Edited bc of language

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  21. solicitr

I'm not sure why that matters, since the real-life MSB doesn't have LZB installed. It would only be an issue if running a 146 or 185 layer on, say, SKA or HMA- but there you can always choose the Dresden versions instead of the old MSB ones.

22. drahnoel

drahnoel New Member

but the LZB in the 146 of Dresden does not work although if you can turn it on

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lamplight

What drahnoel said, solicitr. Apart from the 2 ICEs, the 423, and the 101, I don‘t think there is any rolling stock currently that has properly working LZB. Can‘t remember about the RT Br 182 and the Hamburg locos though.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if the Dresden 185 LZB would work... but it doesn't. To add to Lamplight, the 112 does have properly in Cab working LZB.

25. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

That one works fine. I mean the MRCE 182.