Thoughts On Issues With Brighton

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

So just now started watching the stream on playback and hearing JD saying that they need us as customers to report where the issues are, where the memory is causing issues etc and saying they need us to report it. Well........shouldn't they already know all this from testing? Or am I expecting too much from them to have fully tested it BEFORE RELEASE? I never bash DTG but that's just poor customer service. Or am I wrong?

• Like Like x 14
  2. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

All they need to do is do a few runs on the ps5 version ffs. Is it that hard? They’d be literally getting paid to play ps5 versus us mugs that pay to suffer this. That is of course, if they even have a PS5 in the studio.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sheldon1000

Exactly. Isn't it a basic thing that game development companies should do? You know, test the product for bugs, fix them, then release? It seems so back to front.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Conrad

Conrad Member

Pay me for quality check and I report all that you want.
    This is shameful.
    This is not Rush Hour, is Trash Hour.

I will no longer pay anything at day one, only at a discount if bugs are resolved.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, it made me wonder if the next gen ports at DTG are actually done in-house or farmed out to a separate company?

If it's done in-house, why aren't these issues being flagged up by the play testers?

• Like Like x 1
  6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Honestly I stopped watching the stream after 30 minutes.

I think it’s apparent that they at the very least didn’t test the PS5 build, because personally I’ve attempted 12 runs in total now, a mix of services and scenarios, how many of these resulted in a successful run? 1 166 service to Reigate, 1 387 run from Brighton to London & 1 scenario.

All of the others crashed and one I could not finish as a line of trains had backed up at Brighton due to a GX service not departing 40/50 minutes prior.

Now 3 out of 12 services actually being able for me to complete is a pretty poor number, so I find it hard to believe that DTG, beta testers and all the early access content creators that had their hands on this did not suffer similar issues, so what I want to know is what the hell happened.

• Like Like x 14
  7. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Regarding the PS4 they just need someone to play the game. That would give them all the feedback they would need!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Sheldon1000

Will they pay us for testing their game for them and doing their job after we pay them to do the testing for them?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It didn’t take me long at all to find a significant number of issues and that was without driving any of the services (just the training sessions) and walking around parts of the route. If it doesn’t take us long to find issues, I really do struggle to fathom what DTG QA is looking for and for how long. This happens on every release, but for me, London Commuter is the worst so far. It’s really tarnished what should have been a fun experience.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Sheldon1000

Absolutely agree. I honestly think they don't have people to sit and play the game on various platforms. They can't have. I just tried a timetable service and just as I was arriving at the first station, the game completely crashed. Like it's actually unplayable on PS5 at the moment. It's not acceptable at all.

• Like Like x 5
  11. markmcqn

markmcqn New Member

I Completely agree with everything that has been said in this thread it makes me feel lucky that somehow I haven't had a lot of problems so far with the route but the sounds are off the aws doesn't always sound the horns are allover the place and it's lagy at Victoria and I'm on ps4 pro but dtg really need to up the QA process

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sheldon1000

Another crash!!! It's completely broken on PS5. I'll just have to redownload the PS4 version and play it on there until the ps5 version is fixed. So unacceptable.

• Like Like x 2
  13. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

it crashes on the PS4 and that was just walking around Victoria checking out the station, so even the PS4 version isn’t stable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sheldon1000

Deary me. Maybe playing the PS4 version on the PS5 will be more stable.... .........not holding my breath.

15. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

yep, well hopefully with the extra memory on PS5 the PS4 version will run ok, god I hope someone is having a good time with this route!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sheldon1000

I have yet to find someone on console who have said they have found zero bugs or crashes. This is terrible. This will hopefully be fixed quickly.

• Like Like x 5
  17. toffski#8424

toffski#8424 Member

I managed 20 mins of gameplay before calling it a day… There is absolutely no way that the route was tested on a PS4 given how many of us are coming up with the same lag/sound issues.

I’m sure beta testers get paid to test, not the other way round!!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Many of us have offered to be Beta testers before release on Playstation however I believe it always falls on deaf ears. Instead we do it after release then wait months for fixes.
    The beta team are frequently mentioned on stream, no idea who they are or how/what they actually test. Are there any console testers at all?

• Like Like x 7
  19. Sheldon1000

Doesn't appear they have any. Maybe it's a cost cutting measure. Let us pay them and we will also test the game for them. Well that's what is happening anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  20. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

PS4 version on PS5 actually runs pretty well surprisingly. Good FPS and no crashes. Downside is no layers and some blurry textures and worse draw distance. But it works…

• Like Like x 2
  21. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Luckily I managed to complete my first 377 service from London to Brighton today with no crashing. However, frame rate around London Victoria and East Croyden were terrible, I expected a crash but pulled through unscathed. The game did crash though when I was exploring London Victoria on foot, almost as soon as I loaded in..

My issue with this route, same with Boston Sprinter, is that the majority of the traffic on the line is around London Victoria and as you get closer to Brighton, the route really starts getting more and more devoid of traffic. Brighton felt so quiet, with only trains to and from London sitting at the station platforms- no ECW or WCW Ai trains in sight... must be those got cut for last gen, too.. :(

• Like Like x 1
  22. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Again this brings up my point I asked Natalie earlier with the German bugs release thread.
    WHERE are the beta testers, WHY is the game crashing again on next generation consoles, and HOW could this slip. I understand mistakes happen, but saying it's a one-time thing and yet it still is occurring is no excuse at this point. If beta testers were testing this extensively, I am 90% sure they would have found many of these major bugs while playing on all consoles and almost all platforms this is occurring on.

I want a clear, detailed explanation about what's going on here. The response I got last time seemed very cliche, plain and very paraphrased.

Where are the people testing these releases BEFORE they are released. We payed for our content, we want our content working in proper order. (minimizing as much issues as possible)
    From a consumer perspective this is something clearly that needs to be touched base on by DTG and the community.

2 releases in a row and significant game-breaking bugs and crashes, even present on next generation consoles is just unacceptable. We need to know what's going on here.

So please, a detailed explanation would be helpful as to why this is occuring twice. 2/3 routes in the season pass.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I suspect there won't be an explanation until the next roadmap stream in two weeks

24. furiousbigface

furiousbigface Member

Very disappointed in this release in the condition its in, I know it will be fixed but that's not the point. We expect a few bugs here and there, but lately the past few months have been difficult. I'm beginning to lose interest in a game that I really enjoy. Something is really wrong at DTG if releases are coming out in this condition. I've gone from looking forward to new DLC to I hope it works when I download it, that should not be the case. The game has improved dramatically over the past few years, but since the core update and rush hour it has been frustrating for the players and for the development team. Something has to change and I totally understand people's concerns and frustration. I honestly feel for the people involved in the roadmap streams, you can sense their frustration and last time Sam didn't hold back, he even said himself that it wasn't good enough.

• Like Like x 7
  25. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

This is really something DTG should be doing, Have public beta's on consoles for launches like these. I'm very disappointed with BML. I was waiting for this route to come out to get familiar with UK rail routes as I had first fixed my attention to German routes. I learned from BML that I probably will like the UK routes. I bought the SEHS, I play it and I notice immediately a big difference in quality with BML. It has mixed reviews being not on par with their best routes but going back from SEHS to BML feels like you gotten a beta with BML.

• Like Like x 3
  26. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I was almost done with a scenario and then the game crashed. The lag you get at London Victoria is terrible and surprisingly, I don't get lag when starting from Brighton.

• Like Like x 2
  27. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I worry that the release timelines for these routes doesn’t allow for any significant fix period after any beta test. You could test, come up with a list of stuff, but then those upstairs would say “sorry, fixing that first is going to delay release a week and that means money”. Then with so many routes coming out that fix list doesn’t get the same priority once the route is out because the following routes are released and have their own set of issues. A never ending spiral down

• Like Like x 3
  28. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

What really annoyed me last night is how they just brushed over the issues with JD actually saying only a few players had experienced issues. Quite honestly if that’s his view he shouldn’t be in the job.

I don’t have an issue with wrong textures, incorrect scenery or dodgy as some of those are individuals issues and can be fixed without affecting gameplay but this game just constantly crashes or you can’t complete a journey because of red signals that don’t change. JD’s attitude last night was totally unacceptable and shows they have no idea how bad the game is performing.

Once again they are asking us to report issues and given there are so many what the hell were the testers doing?

• Like Like x 3
  29. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

So does anyone think the forthcoming Penzance local dlc from Rivet Games will beta tested and generally working on release? Rivet get some stick in here but generally apart from the odd bug or missing / wrong detail here and there their dlc’s work as they should mostly.

Or have I got that wrong and they are as bad as DTG?

• Like Like x 1