After Win 10 Update To Win11, Ts2022 Cannot Start Execution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huchanron2, Oct 8, 2021.

1. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

After win 10 update to win11, ts2022 cannot start execution
    , The sad words "out of memory" appeared again, and then it could not be started anyway
    I think many people will face the same problem, dtg must try to solve it
    This is a problem with the core of the ts2022 program

• Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I do like the way you blame DTG for a problem of your making

Can you point out the section in the requirements that says Windows 11 is supported?
    I con only find this
    "OS: 32- or 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 8.1 or 10 Required (Other OS versions and types are not supported)"

3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

Peter, you are ofcourse correct. But it is also something that will have to be adressed at some point ofcourse.

4. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Seen a few people on Facebook have said they are running TS absolutely fine on 11 (Dev build and other releases) guess you'll have to find something else to blame/fix the issue.
    Screenshot_20211009-012949_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

You still get updates for Win 10 for 3 more years so what is the rush to upgrade now?

• Like Like x 1
  6. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Upgrading win 11 is a trend, so is the progress of computers
    If you buy a new laptop or branded computer now, probably the operating system attached to it is win 11 instead of win 10.
    My newly bought laptop comes with win 11, so I found that ts2022 cannot start
    For game companies, the inability to play games on the win 11 operating system is an urgent problem that needs to be resolved..
    If the game company requires players to not upgrade win 11 in order to play ts2022, it will undoubtedly be a
    The jokes of the gaming industry

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

I waited more than a year to upgrade my computers with Win 10 because there are no drivers which works when a new system is released.
    And software makers have no idea what is needed for a new system so it is not their fault.
    It is Microsoft which rushes with a new system because they are moneycrazy.
    They do not care if the system works or not!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I believe DTG will upgrade TS2022 to work with Win 11 but they need to test and makes sure the upgrade does not stop something else from working for those people on Win 10.

9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It doesn't help the OP, but I 'upgraded' my gaming PC to Windows 11 (as all it has is my Steam library and it's quick to restore). I'm hardly having any issues with it. I had one crash on a scenario which caused my PC to completely restart, but everything else, even other scenarios for the same route is working. Other than that, just very rare Out of Memory crashes which I also got on Win 10.

I won't bother upgrading my laptop just yet though. That gets used for stuff other than games and Windows 11 certainly has some issues at the moment (especially if you work in English but you live in a German speaking country - None of the Windows experience stuff will actually change language and stay changed).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. huchanron2

huchanron2 Member

Microsoft had announced that it would upgrade win 10 to win 11 about half a year ago, and carried out large-scale beta testing.
    In the same way, the major game companies must be notified. As for whether these game companies do serious compatibility tests, it depends on their character and work attitude.
    If it is a Japanese company with its rigorous working attitude, it must be believed

• Like Like x 1
  11. spsimon285

spsimon285 New Member

Its doing the same on Windows 10.

12. spsimon285

spsimon285 New Member

I love how you instantly jump to their defense.

It does the same on Windows 10.

I have had enough of insensitive people for one day.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

At some point, Windows 11 will be the OS on new computers, so it's going to have to be addressed sooner or later to make sure it works on Windows 11. I don't know if CS will even have an answer for how to handle this problem yet, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

What exactly is going to have to be addressed? ONE person comes on the forum saying Win11 is to blame, I then post evidence that other people are running TS fine on 11 with no issues yet my post gets ignored...

The problem could possibly be this guys own install and not even Win11 or DTG (for once :D ).

Let's at least keep the pitchforks in the shed and the torches unlit until we're sure this is DTG's fault. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cyclone

I don't have a pitchfork out. I'm just saying we don't know what will be in the Windows 11 release. Certain things in Windows 10 might not be available. I have an app that used to run fine on Windows 7 (also on 8) and it won't work at all on Windows 10, and I've never been able to figure out how to make it run. So I am being realistic, something could change over time. A new computer with Windows 11 may not have everything that current upgrading users have access to.

Hopefully M$ isn't stupid enough to remove things used by older games, but I wouldn't put it past them to do it. At least the app in my case was an isolated thing, and I'm quite possibly the last remaining user of it, so there is that in my example.

16. jeff.engle

jeff.engle Active Member

There are lots of posts on this forum for resolving out of memory issues. I had to follow these especially for making new scenarios and running some scenarios using TS2021. Have you tried these suggestions? The most helpful for me was changing virtual memory. Did you have TS2021 or other TS games or is this a new installation? A bit more info on any troubleshooting done would be helpful huchanron2 and we might be able to assist.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  17. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

A couple of things I could suggest that might help you.

A good rule of thumb is to never let windows upgrade your major Windows version while you have things installed, take the opportunity to save out the things you need and "reset this pc" and you will get a clean build, this solves most issues and you'll get a heap of free space that you didn't know you were missing! You'll find instructions here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...444-7de3-818c-d626-e3b5a3024da5#bkmk_reset_pc be aware the best way forward is to wipe your PC rather than try to keep anything. I'm set up so all the things I want are not on C: drive so I unplug them all before doing it. Then I reset, install all my applications and reintroduce the data.

If you can't bring yourself to go that drastic, at least get into Steam and use it to remove and re-install the game and all DLC that you want to have active.

Windows 11 has some changed security settings "opportunities" - some of which were in 10 but you had to turn them on. The one that comes most to mind is Malware Protection. This effectively locks a lot of folders so applications can't write there. This really confuses a lot them, especially older applications. Note its been wrong for applications to write into Windows or the various Program Files places since Windows XP but plenty of them still do it. Add TS to the list of allowed programs if you've got it turned on and that might be helpful too.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

10/10 for sarcasm.

Would you install a new OS without knowing if the software would work?
    Microsoft stuff would but what about other stuff which is nothing to do with DTG
    I have a number of other programs like Photoshop and Anyrail to name two - will they work on W11?

And if the game did not work on Windows 10 here would be more than a few people having problems.

19. gee

gee Member

"AMD and Microsoft have determined that compatible AMD processors may exhibit reduced performance in certain applications when running Windows® 11."

20. gee

gee Member

And Windows 7.

21. Cyclone

Great. Looking forward to the forced automatic update to Windows 11 someday ending my railroading career. LOL

Though I run an Intel, so maybe not.

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Was that like the forced update from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

23. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

You mean the one that did not affect me and I'm still on Win7 64 bit ultimate, Peter? ;)

24. Tigert1966

I never got a force update to Win 10. A couple of my older laptops are still running win 7 fine. I doubt there will be a forced update to Win 11 either. Only my newest PC and laptop support it so the older ones will never have Win 11. Given that Win 10 will be supported for a few years yet, I'm not particularly worried.

As I metioned above, I updated my gaming PC to Win 11 as it's the easiest one to restore, but I haven't had to. TS2022 and TSW2 are both running fine. (Everything on Intel Processors)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, I installed the Windows 11 Beta at the end of July and have been able to play TSW2 (4.23 and 4.26RH) and Train Simulator (2021+2022) as normal.

Heres the specs:

Intel Xeon (yes) E3-1245v3
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (2GB)
    1TB SSD (boot drive+games)
    500GB HDD (video files + games reserve)
    320GB HDD (Reserve Drive)

You may just need an Updated Graphics Driver..

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  26. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I have just downloaded and installed Windows 11 via the Windows Update today and TS2022 starts fine for me. I was going to get it earlier but waited until it became available via Windows Update. They did say that they were getting it ready for me and today was the day. I don't know whether they get it ready for each specific computer or not which would be a big job.

27. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Just for fun (because I have an odd idea of fun), I installed the ARM version of Windows 11 under Parallels for Mac, and TS2022 and TSW2020 both run! Though I wouldn't recommend it...

• Like Like x 1
  28. Kim Olesen

Fun experiment. My first TS installation was under bootcamp on a mac mini. Only 2,6ghz cpu. I take it this was on a M1 mac?

29. Cyclone

I'm wondering if Windows 11 will finally fix the latency problem I keep having.

Probably not.

30. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Yup, usually I run TS2022 on a base model Mac Mini M1 using Crossover. Works really well and almost flawlessly at 2560x1440px.

But under Parallels and Win 11 for ARM, not so well. Infact it runs pretty badly. Too many resource limitations of trying to run two operating systems at the same time, plus I don’t think MS’s x86 compatibility translation in their ARM version of Windows 11 runs as well as Apple’s Rosetta 2, and finally Parallels currently limits you to half of the RAM of the host system. It might be better with lots more RAM to be able to allocate to the virtual machine, and perhaps with one of the fancy new M1 Max processors, but I dont have the cash for such a lovely setup!

31. Kim Olesen

WOW you got TS to run on a M1 via crossover? :o

Decent fps at what settings?

I am about to get a macbook M1pro soon. Will simply have to try that.

32. trev123

trev123 Active Member

You won't be forced to update to Windows 11. When it is ready in Windows update for you you have the option to decline to download and install it. I don't know why you wouldn't install it though as I have through Windows Update and it works perfectly fine for me. Things have changed a bit and I'm learning my way around where things are. The Start Button is no longer on the left corner but more to the center but I'm still trying to turn my computer off in the left-hand corner but I will get used to its new position.

33. Tigert1966

I moved my start button back to the ‘proper’ place. However, I hate the new start menu and the fact that half the space is taken up by items Windows thinks you may want to look at. This space is still blocked even if you turn the feature off. Windows Experience is also quite intrusive and doesn’t work properly if your PC is not using the countries native language.

There are lots of other things I’m not particularly impressed with, but so far nothing is stopping my games running.

I will however roll back to Win 10 when I have time.

34. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

• Like Like x 1