London Commuter Crashed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thijsdenbraven, Oct 7, 2021.

1. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

My game crashed on service 1W30 as i openend my doors at Brighton.

On Xbox series X

Is this normal ?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Had the same on PS5 having just spent an hour doing the run.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t forget, the PS5 version is not the release candidate. Better to wait until the release candidate is out before doing any long services. It’s a pain in the bum, but at least it shouldn’t be a waste of time.

4. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’m not a developer, but I’m fairly sure it’s not normal…

5. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I think you'll find this normal with all game developers these days,
    once a game is released the have an unlimited number of testers

6. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Same, completed the first service in Journey Mode, and as I opened my doors at Brighton, the game locked up and returned to dashboard. Not fun after a route of this length.

• Like Like x 4
  7. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Happened to me on 05:59 Gatwick Express just after Battersea Park, albeit it was before the update and I won't have time to check tonight, content shouldn't be sold when the game crashes under any circumstances.
    This was on Xbox Series S

• Like Like x 3
  8. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

This is likely complete ignorance on my part, but surely the Series X is more than capable to run this game? Surely there are more demanding games on the console that tax the system more, and those don't crash the console. I would it find quite funny for Phil Spencer to appear on stage promoting the Series X and touting it as the most powerful console, only for someone to currently say "but yet it can't run TSW2 well!"

• Like Like x 5
  9. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Apart from the crashing how is it running on series s?

10. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

It's actually running quite well, very little stuttering, none at all when passing traffic and stations.
    I will just say that I've noticed that there's no East Coastway AI at all at night in lover's walk depot, apart from that I'm satisfied with the route

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

So as long as you pick services that depart and terminate south of London, it seems to be running fairly smoothly on Series S. Within Victoria it's a slideshow, I'd estimate around 30pfs in 1080p mode, and attempting to leave or enter the station causes an immediate out of memory crash.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. thijsdenbraven

thijsdenbraven Member

Im on Series X currently driving towards London Victoria hoping it does not crash

There are far more demanding games on Series S/X

13. Pookiebarra

Pookiebarra Active Member

3 crashes. Saying I do not have enough memory as I enter the approach to LV. I am not happy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I've been working through the timetable trying to find services I can safely drive out of Victoria. Some of them crash consistently even on the loading screen.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Just to add my 2 cents my Xbox series s expiri3nce so far..

Managed in and out services from Victoria and Brighton only crashed once after Clapham junction joining the main line, a class43 hst spawned and I got posted to dashboard, not a out of memory crash.

Still playing atm, will report in

16. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

Crashed my Series X to Dashboard opening the doors at Brighton on the first Service of Journey mode.

17. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

This game really is becoming ridiculous, I've just driven from Brighton on the first train to Haywards Heath no problems, attached to the Eastbourne train at 05:39 and drove to London. This time when I was in sight of Battersea Park, I lifted the camera to the sky (October, clear weather) and was met with another out of memory error!
    I thought okay so I thought I'll give the 166 a try, now I go chronologically throughout the day so I done the first part this morning no problems, tried tonight with part 2 and I was dumped unceremoniously into a faraway depot, restarted the service and ended up in another depot.
    Can the QA team please resolve these issues as we have all found issues in a matter of hours it's hard to fathom what they were doing, plainly not what they were supposed to be doing!

• Like Like x 5
  18. thesquire

thesquire New Member

I am also experiencing silly amounts of crashes and layers not always being there when I load in (series x). Random question, is a refund possible at all? I’m not sure sadly if this is worth the hassle.

This is giving off cyberpunk release vibes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

For me, all layers are there with the exception of WSR which I don't own, the route itself is decent enough but my biggest bugbear is the crashes entering Victoria, I haven't tried exiting much 5am GatEx is the only on.
    TrainSim-Matt as executive producer, this is unacceptable, surely for a route to be classed as good enough to sell, it must do what it's supposed to, crashing isn't on the list.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Just for completion I experienced exactly the same crash in Brighton on Series X after driving the first journey run. I'm trying it a second time tomorrow after saving the game 10 miles before Gatwick but as this seems to be a common issue I might just stay in Yara instead.

This is clearly not finished and hopefully it gets functioning in a few weeks as it's got massive potential. The ride out of London is just crazily crowded with trains and extremely cool. But until then it's probably the best to stick to other games (hello FC6 :love:) or other, older routes.

Sad but true...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  21. asilgram

asilgram New Member

Just started VIC to LGW route as I was leaving VIC had a crash with error - not enough virtual memory this was on Xbox series S.

• Like Like x 1
  22. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I always try and give dtg the benefit of the doubt with stuff like this but with the last few routes you honestly do have to ask the question of what is happening on QA team? Because so many people are finding such widespread and universal issues and its quite worrying!

None the less I hope they manage to get everything sorted!

• Like Like x 1
  23. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

I've done around 13 services without my xbox one X crashing.

It might be because I'm doing early services so it's dark or sun is just coming up and I've got it set as cloudy. The latest 377 service I've done is 0644 to Littlehampton and the first 2 387 services have worked fine.

One possible reason is I set by xbox to low resolution trying to fix the Dresden problem and forgot to change it back. Might be worth a try.

Only issues I've had is very jumpy on approach to East Croydon but clears half way up the platform, a little slow near Battersea when 2 trains were heading towards me and the odd frame freeze.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. david-bright184169

My 1st run was a 10 min 166 from Reigate to Redhill, no problem.
    My 2nd run London to Brighton starting just after 8am (game time),
    game crashed as I stopped at Burgess Hill
    50% success is not what I was anticipating
    makes me wonder is we are being used as testers

• Like Like x 1
  25. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Spoke too soon. The 0530 Selhurst depot to Vic crashed on me just as I left Battersea Park.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Class395

Class395 Active Member

I had a crash on Victoria just after loading up a service in a 387 and another crash when arriving at Brighton.

27. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Rush hour hasn't exactly been a success. Three routes with massive potential, one has a decent timetable and trains, but missing services, one has a half baked timetable and crashes when it gets slightly busy and the other has plenty of services yet cannot be completed, come on DTG.
    Personally I would rather delay releases until at least the New Year so they can be brought up to standard plus future proofed.

• Like Like x 4
  28. kt291076

kt291076 Active Member

Just tried this one again and it let me complete it this time.

I don't think this route is far from working fully if it fails one time but works the next. It's not as broke as Dresden which fails each time. Should be able to fix it.

29. david-bright184169

I think I might uninstall all 3 rush hour routes and try again at Christmas

• Like Like x 2
  30. johnbirch#4603

johnbirch#4603 Active Member

1W98 also crashed on arrival in Brighton.

31. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

This game has a false misleading title TRAIN SIM WORLD 2.It should be called TRAIN SIM WORLD"POOR EXCUSE FOR A SIMULATOR"...If i was a real train driver i be insulted that this broken mess passes for a realistic train driving experience.

Just think what would happen if any company that built locomotives had the same product testing standards as dovetail games.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

Its a game though not a driver training simulator and there is nothing that comes close in comparison to the level of immersion this creates.

I am a real train driver and I am not in the least bit ashamed of this product. Certainly the bugs need fixing and it’s a shame they released with some very annoying faults. But I think people need a little context, before I had a real train set to play (work) on we had one that was simply text on a PC, no imagery of any kind.

• Like Like x 3
  33. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

By the way, has anyone tried another GTX run to Brighton which didn't crash there?

Honestly I didn't want to try another but finished some 377 runs successfully. So is there a chance it might be only 1W30?

34. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I've had my xbox one crash twice on the rerouted scenario and the 2nd time it came up with an out of memory error

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  35. cafc4eva

cafc4eva New Member

Is there any word on when this will be fixed?

I have the same issue (open doors at Brighton after an hour long run and it crashes back to the Xbox dashboard).

• Like Like x 1
  36. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

If you have played less than two hours, request a refund from Microsoft. It's worked for me in the past.