The 387 (bml) Appears To Be Broken (ps5)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Oct 7, 2021.

1. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

That’s interesting. It must be a PS4 console/hardware issue then as I have the PS4 (on the ps5) version and it runs fine apart from the usual pop in and draw distance issues.

2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

So different build versions of RH BML are released for different gens of PS? Tbh I thought the actual build version of something was the same build released across all platforms and generations but with whatever built in to make it run on a specific platform / console. Just shows what I know! In my defence I’m just a casual gamer on a PlayStation. Either way this is REALLY sloppy from DTG once again. This game is really expensive at £25 a pop for an individual route purchase even £33 for the season ticket is expensive as a dlc for general Joe public so DTG if your gonna charge these prices you HAVE to get things mostly right on release day especially on PS and Xbox which is where I would assume your casual ( And fickle ) game player base reside. Absolutely awful standards your giving to your paying customers and apologising constantly on here just doesn’t cut it. I’m afraid.

I’m glad I decided not to spend good money buying this route at least until I read everything is mostly sorted. Rivet Games seem to get a bit of stick on here but it seems whilst their dlc’s get some flack for bugs or whatever their dlc’s don’t seem anywhere near as bad as DTG’s releases at the moment.

Pretty disgusting this DTG. I suggest you suspend yourselves for a week and hand over the fix for this RH BML dlc to someone who actually knows what they are doing!

Messsge to Sony. Once this particular dlc is mostly fixed get it in a sale ASAP a lot cheaper than £25 In order to give people like me any kind of incentive to buy it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Maybe, I do use a external hardrive??

That being said i'm not the only one who seems to be having frame rate issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be expected really, the PS4 has never handled TSW’s bigger routes very well, and since this DLC is full of large scenery assets, stations and has pretty much constant traffic, I wouldn’t of expected this to be hitting the FPS cap.

Even the PS4 version on PS5, going through places like East Croydon and Victoria pushes the FPS right down to half.

5. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

It isn't surprising to be honest and I can live with a bit of buggy slowing down from time to time (happens on most TSW2 routes) but Victoria was just really, really bad, i'm not sure which large station I had just gone through prior to me crashing but you could feel the crash coming.

I thought it looked really good tbh, the added services on certainly adds to the enjoyment.

6. shhweeet#4292

It would appear everyone is having all sorts of issues so your not alone. The PS4 version whilst still rubbish is apparently a newer build than PS5 so is the one to play at the moment ( I use the word play in the loosest of terms ) which I find kind of ironic tbh.

You couldn’t make all this up!:|

• Like Like x 1
  7. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Feels like they uploaded the PS5 version to the PS4!!!

8. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

1.001.00 now live for BLM on the PS5 good luck everyone :cool: (873mb)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed!

10. shhweeet#4292

Just out of interest does the PS4 which is apparently the correct final build version have significantly more passenger activity on this release?

If it does then that’s something to compensate for PS4 users not having the added layers I suppose.

11. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Nope. Stations are quieter than they were during April 2020.

12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Passenger increase in volumes will likely come with a future update - sadly whilst we could get the new models and behaviours in, we weren't able to get the volumes in for the launch today.

13. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

That's the least of our concerns right now I think. The route on PS5 has terrible performance and is crashing very frequently.

• Like Like x 4
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I for one definitely do not want to see a passenger increase as I can only imagine it’ll make the already horrendous instability and performance of the DLC even worse.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dantechmanify

Dantechmanify Well-Known Member

Has anyone managed to raise the pantograph on the 387 in scenario planner

16. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

So Matt saying on the first preview stream "despite the RH passengers not being reflected, it was a simple checkbox to enable them on the dev side in time for release" was in fact incorrect, misleading, or wtv you want to call it.

Disappointment doesn't even begin to do this justice. This is easily the worst release to date. It's beyond the pale, and amateur. Your team is in over its head. How does this get pushed out for release as a dev build on PS5? Who is the final signature required to get this implemented, and how could they authorize this for release is beyond me.

You have failed your customers. Cancel the stream, and spare us 90 minutes of apologies and please just fix the damn thing.

• Like Like x 8
  17. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I am tired of the same insincere sounding apologies and waiting months for routes to get fixed. This was the one route they couldn't mess up and they did.

• Like Like x 4
  18. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

The apologies worked at first, but you can't keep apologizing and not actually amending your behaviour and expect us to take it. This is turning into an abusive relationship where you slip up, apologize, and keep perpetrating the same garbage over and again.

Rush Hour has been dragged out over 7 weeks, not including the hype leading up to it, and it's been hell from start to finish and here we are on October 7th, deleting old working routes to install routes which are broken.

All three routes are currently out, and each barely playable, if at all. Move away from the huge annual release, it's simply not within your capabilities and that's abundantly clear.

• Like Like x 10
  19. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

No idea what they were thinking trying to push a new build of the game to 3 new platforms, whilst performing an engine upgrade within an engine they’ve already told us they don’t fully understand, whilst trying to release 3 large routes with extensive content within them within such a short space of time.

Personally they couldn’t pay me to touch a route bundle that includes more than 1 new route again, because as you said they clearly cannot handle the task.

Personally I’m not buying any more DLC until the PS5 DLC issue is resolved anyway, but I certainly will not be falling into the trap of day 1 releases from DTG anymore, this is just shameful.

The season ticket works out to be around £10.50 per route after the PS plus discount, and I still feel ripped off for what they’ve brought us.

• Like Like x 6
  20. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I am trying to think of positives but it’s really hard.

BML is just the pinnacle of where this has been heading for months and I am sadly disillusioned.

you were the people who helped me deal with a crap workload in lockdown DTG and I put my faith in you. I paid you money in advance this summer with an expectation that, with a PS5 finally in my ownership, that I could fully immerse myself.

I am not immersed, I am once again, feeling fleeced.

what happened to you? It never used to be like this

• Like Like x 4
  21. shhweeet#4292

So the passenger numbers haven’t increased yet even on the PS4 correct build!

Correct me if wrong but wasn’t the main selling point of Rush Hour the increased passenger numbers as well as the significantly increased train traffic?

Ok PS4 Can’t handle the extra layers but if there isn’t any extra passengers then what’s the point?

Charging £25 as a solo purchase on PS4, releasing a dlc full of bugs and crashes etc for PS5 and PS4 and not even giving players one of the core selling points of RH on release day is taking the proverbial P. Surely you can see that can’t you DTG?

At least this has made my mind up to buy Cathcart Circle and the Penzance dlc’s instead if the latter gets good reports

• Like Like x 1
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

"We increased the price of the annual route bundle to not give poor quality routes." That has aged quite bad. I haven't gotten the season ticket because of the issues with the release of rush hour and was gonna get bml when the xbox texture issues are fixed but the way this route released for playstation users is quite shameful. DTG keep giving empty apologies and yet keep doing mistakes over and over

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  23. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I may have misunderstood you but please correct me if I’m wrong. The Rush Hour update (additional passengers at peak times) didn’t make it into the day one release of the Brighton Mainline route? A route which was released as part of “Rush Hour”, one of the main additions to the RH update was a realistic Rush Hour and you failed to get it out in time..?

I apologise if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick but if I am correct, that’s an absolute joke. Thankfully I’ve not spent a penny on your game since Southeastern High Speed and you’re doing nothing to tempt me back.

Poor show DTG, poor show.

• Like Like x 5
  24. shhweeet#4292

So this problem where PS5 players who download the new RH BML dlc then have to delete a couple of routes in order for it to show up.

Does this affect the PS4 in the same way?

25. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Not that i am aware.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

And vice versa :)

27. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

No it’s just a PS5 thing

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

I am also hearing a sound in the cab sounds like a window rattling or vibrating ?

29. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

Has anyone found that dam rattling window yet:D

30. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hi again Grant, is it the creak/rattle that happens occasionally at speed? Matt mentioned it was put in to give a feeling you are moving even tho it doesn’t make the sound iRL

31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's on purpose. Trains rattle sometimes so they put that sound in

32. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

Yes it is thanks i dont watch the stream anymore i come here to find out whats going on cheers