Official Brighton Commuter Bug Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I so wanted this route to be great. Disappointed so far. A lot more work needed. Will give it another good look tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steve May

Steve May New Member

Crashing when opening the doors at Brighton at the end of the 387 introduction. (PS5)

3. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

London scenery is underwhelming. The urban sprawl is fine, but the city centre lacks density and notable landmarks other than the old power plant. There’s no model for the highly distinctive Saffron Tower in Croydon, and where’s The Shard? In reality it’s very much visible from this route. The Shard is already modelled and used on Bakerloo and SEHS, so why not here? Just feels lazy after all the effort that went into Dresden.

I haven’t driven any services yet, and the lack of variety in trains on PS4 is disappointing. Why can SEHS and ECW have more trains on PS4 when BML cannot?

• Like Like x 4
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

yep I even joined the stream briefly but didn't get as far as the first service starting before I just turned off in boredom and that is very unlike me indeed

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The Rush Hour clothing items are hilarious. Almost like 1980s pop culture on steroids.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Crash CE-108255-1 after continuing a saved game.
    Performance in London is really bad, even looking around is laggin.
    Playing on PS5.
    Dissapointing, although the route looks fun.

7. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

I second this issue as I’ve come across it on the PS4 too, hopefully it gets fixed sooner rather than later.

8. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Did they just say that the current consoles aren’t powerful enough to run this game maybe the textures are too high? They do realise how powerful the ps5 is right? And that the series x can run a frigging flight simulator? Come on guys!! :mad:

• Like Like x 3
  9. flickyhecky

flickyhecky Active Member

PS4 (on the PS5)
    Two things...

Selhurst Depot has a 'ghost' train!
    PXL_20211007_203021278.jpg

And Platform 1 on Clapham Junction has this oddity...
    PXL_20211007_203101252.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. flickyhecky

Also holes everywhere on the route, wanted to have a look at Battersea Power Station at night, walked along the track, fell through the bridge! Also got stuck in a grass hole just outside South Croydon!!!

11. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

On every service the taillights are on even at the middle coupled point.

12. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

I’ve notice the opposite. Trains in sidings with headlights on

13. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Few things I have noticed with the 387, the screen on the left of the cabs treats the trains as 377s as the vehicles are shown as example as 377221+377216. The wind noise seems to have a second delay before restarting the loop of sound again.

The PIS at stations centralising the destinations that have two termi e.g Littlehampton and Southampton, catherham and tatterham corner. So the time of departure and destination move to the middle of the screen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

PS4 Player Here - Everything I've experienced (so far)
    • Custom Livery for Class 387 Deleted
    I created a Custom Thameslink Livery for the Class 387, constantly saved it throughout the creation, attempted to copy it when I was finished, and a pop-up appeared, reading: "An Error Has Occurred." I spent 4 hours on this and was immediately pissed about this afterward.
    • Traction Motor Sounds Cut-Out
    I've noticed this with both the Class 377 and Class 387. The Traction Motors just randomly cut-out (Even when there is a continuous Third Rail).
    • Safety Systems Not Sounding
    On both the Class 377 and Class 387, sometimes, the Safety Systems won't sound, causing an Emergency Brake because you didn't know to acknowledge it at that time. This requires the player to focus on the HUD instead of the Track Ahead, in order to be able to acknowledge an inaudible Alarm.
    • No Stop Markers at Clapham Junction
    • No Track Noise
    ;) You know I needed to include this one... Track Noise is only really audible when Leaving Brighton, and crossing over points, but not along the rest of the track network. I assume that IRL (and from what I know from Cab Ride videos), the whole line isn't continuously ground rail.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Safety systems when activated don't always have sound. So the light on the HUD lights up but no sound. PS5.

• Like Like x 1
  16. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having difficulty trying to activate the speed selector/cruise control function on the Class 377? Moving the switch seems to not have much of an effect at all; the needle on the speed gauge will not move, and neither does a blue bar appear on the HUD.
    In fact, upon activation the train seems to be slowing itself down rapidly (which I thought the cruise control on the Class 377 was incapable of doing?)

I'm observing this on a PS4 Slim, however this is on the old build and not the new one, I've yet to get it downloaded. Will edit this post if I find any changes.
    Am I missing a crucial step, or is this a legit bug?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

I've seen the same thing with the 'cruise control' on PS5, but I assumed that, as the needle doesn't move off 0mph, it's killing the traction motors when you activate it.

18. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

Scenario 2, stuck outside Victoria with 12 trains in front of me. Quit, tried again, and same 12 trains backed up leading into Victoria :(

• Like Like x 3
  19. EsherDemo

EsherDemo New Member

387 Introduction should be 8 car , not 12. Salfords cannot accommodate 12 car services.
    Ps5

• Like Like x 1
  20. steve.taelemans

steve.taelemans Member

Same for me. I had to stop playing the route feeling sick.

• Like Like x 3
  21. beanbag#9028

beanbag#9028 New Member

Haha you wish we had no issues on PC... all systems seem to be suffering! Already had 3-5 different bugs/issues in just the first journey.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TinTin_57

Oh wow! I always thought you guys got it 100% working

23. flickyhecky

Getting stuck on the track when walking around is a pain!

• Like Like x 1
  24. TinTin_57

On PS5 this route doesn’t have the same look as usual and by that I mean the colour is usually quite warm whereas this looks a little washed out. If you do the 377 tutorial it looks as it normally does, but a service I did right after in the 387 had the lower quality look

• Like Like x 1
  25. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

This is the wrong title on the thread it should be DTG Testing not feedback.

• Like Like x 3
  26. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Have been running the route for 3 hours and no crashes so far (touch wood!) on PS5

The major bug for me is the lack of textures on some part of the route; black roads around Redhill and Reigate along with some floating cars in Reigate car park being the obvious ones

27. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

It seems spawning at London Victoria on foot at 14:00 constantly crashes the game immediately after spawning

28. trevor.purcell

trevor.purcell New Member

Same problem for me on PC

29. CaptainFishy

CaptainFishy New Member

Crashed on 387 tutorial coming out of Gatwick to the next stop - on first playthrough. PS5. Literally 10 minutes into the whole route.
    Sadly that's it for me with DTG, it's all sub-optimal, rushed releases with little or no testing. I've got all the routes I need, so will wait a while until they iron out any bugs, and call it a day. I've just lost confidence in their product.

30. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Noted crashes are likely if resuming a saved game

Internal and external PIS call GX services as southern and states the termi twice. (This is a Southern (GX) service to Brighton calling at Brighton and Brighton)

Resuming saved game noticed a 4 car on sitting and reluctantly doesn't want to move at Preston park. Brighton is empty as ai services have all departed and 4 services are stuck behind the Preston park service

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Yep. Happens to me now 2 times. I mean the save game function was quite useless be before rush hour (red signals, objectives lost). Now the game crashes after playing my save game at random occasions at BML. I often don't have the time to complete a full run, so I need this function. I'm really annoyed and playing this game feels more like wasting my time...

• Like Like x 2
  32. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i cant find the speed set/ on the 377 i thought it had one

33. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I accept slowdowns due to the high number of services, but what is unacceptable is to be kicked out of the game. In less than an hour it has happened to me twice, once when leaving Reigate on 377 and once in Croydon on 387.
    I play on the ps5 version and for me it is unplayable because of this. It needs an urgent overhaul and should never have been released like this.
    Until it breaks and ejects me to the console menu, I have to say the route is awesome, very fun with so much traffic. But I'm not going to play it again until they fix it, it's very disappointing.

• Like Like x 6
  34. Sheldon1000

Had anyone from DTG acknowledged how broken the PS5 version is and that it's pretty much unplayable? And if so are they working on it as a priority?

• Like Like x 3
  35. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Hi guys.
    Unfortunately I haven't been able to spend much time (yet) exploring the latest DLC for TSW2 on PS5, but what did jump out at me initially was the absolute horrendous slow down / FPS at London Victoria. From the looks of it I'm not the only one

36. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

It's incredible, I've counted more than 60 trains running at the same time along the route on the map. Although they are not on screen, I imagine that the game has to make various calculations about that.
    Is that why I've crashed several times when opening the map? (ps5 version)
    I remember this happening to me on ps4 also on TSW2020. It always took several seconds to load the map when opening it and sometimes it would even crash. When TSW2 came along this was somehow fixed.
    I wonder, is this route so demanding that the new consoles are suffering in this way to get it to work properly or is there a problem with these versions? Is DTG getting it right with memory usage?

37. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

For what it's worth I've not experienced any crashes yet on my PS5, having completed a few of the services in the journey.

Victoria is only slightly slower for me. I've not plugged a keyboard in yet to look at the FPS but it's not causing me any issues. However, I'd imagine many people have their PS5s connected to 4K TVs whereas I'm still quite happy with my existing HD for now. Running at 1080p is clearly giving me a boost in performance. I'm not sure if TSW still renders internally at 4K. The old HD/4K graphics setting option has been removed from the PS5 version.

If you are having severe performance problems in Victoria, for now at least, it might be worth changing your PS5 video output settings to limit to 1080p.

The rest of the route seems fine apart from the usual hitching. I really hope DTG get a handle on this one day. Days Gone which is also an Unreal Engine game, can quite happily throw a rich and detailed environment around at 60fps on PS5 even when there are 500 or so enemies all chasing after me. No issues with draw distance, shadows or hitching in that game although I appreciate I'm not comparing like with like.

For every service I've run though, I'm not admiring the scenery or just enjoying driving the train. I'm thinking...should I report that....that doesn't work properly....why isn't that sound playing now. Far from ideal.

AWS sounds go missing, the guard buzzer/bell doesn't always sound - the button itself makes a noise but doesn't always result in a bell/buzz. Horn sounds often are truncated rather than fading out properly. Speed limits are seemingly missed on the HUD or are so ridiculously close together you have no hope. E.g. leaving a station I was shown a 50mph limit ahead. I started to accelerate and as I reached the 50mpm activation, another 25mph limit appeared about 10 yards away. Obviously I exceeded the limit.

The route definitely requires significant polish and further optimisation, especially if those trying to run in 4K are going to have a reasonable experience.

• Like Like x 2
  38. SWR450

SWR450 Active Member

Lag is incredibly heavy in and around london vic until about I'd say battersea park - clapham junction bridge that it takes 2 and a half seconds just to complete 1 ingame second

39. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I doubt it’s a priority, I think It’s backed up behind Dresden and the problems with that

40. ace

ace Member

I’m sitting at the endless red light too. I’m just about to give up.

41. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

PS4 version slow & sluggish on start crashes at Certain great when it work s

PS5 version crashes with out warning

Three times i have had this Screen on my PS5 DSC_0001 (2).JPG Screen shot taken @ 19.15pm 9th October 2021 (ps5 version London commuter )

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  42. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Same for me. I've had enough of this embarrassment and have uninstalled it. When they fix it, if they do, I'll download it again. This route is noticeably weeks short of work and they have rushed it too much.
    I don't think this is the release that Joe's great work deserved because it's the worst I can remember in TSW. And they do it with their own country's route?
    I'm playing Riesa-Dresden right now and what a difference! For me, the best thing DTG has done so far, it's wonderful and the performance is fantastic on ps5, so it makes BML's disaster even more obvious.
    I wonder how we have been able to go from one thing to the other in a few weeks?

• Like Like x 2
  43. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Dis-hearting is it the route you where looking forward to the most suddenly decides to pack-up on you

Do DTG have a time frame to fix it in before Sony decide to remove it from the PSN as a broken game ? i mean Sony would not want this rubbish on there flag-ship Console knowing it could Corrupt other game files or your brand spanking new PS5 system ?

• Like Like x 2
  44. andrew#8264

andrew#8264 New Member

PS4 download today. Class 387 GX introduction. During start up procedure it seems to get stuck on ‘wait for brakes to charge’. Tried 3 times and waited 10 mins. Just sits there. The brakes appear fully charged already anyway. Me or another bug?

• Like Like x 2
  45. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i quite agree with this im having no problems with crashing and im enjoying it
    one thing or two i will report is i think there are missing line speed drop indication boards
    one other thing i will mention a gamer tells me he has crashes with AWS so i think its AWS that is causing all the crashes which i do not experience because i very rarely use any safety devices on any trains including German ones as well

• Like Like x 1
  46. Sheldon1000

On Ps5 I cannot complete the scenario Catch up as the game completely crashes back to PS5 main menu.

• Like Like x 1
  47. ace

ace Member

Also there are no passengers on the train at all…

• Like Like x 1
  48. kilroy126

kilroy126 Member

PS4 Pro. 1st Class 387 Training Scenario. Stuck on waiting for the Brakes to charge. FFS what a pos! How tf do you release this when the simplest stuff doesn’t work? I love the game and I’m thankful to DTG for creating and developing it but this is total bullShit. The FIRST TRAINING MISSION is bugged? I don’t know what else to say. There are no better train games and some of the stuff is GREAT. This just completely sucks. DTG owes us a refund.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  49. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Did you actually wait for it though? I went through the same ordeal, and I think I was stuck waiting for the brakes to charge for at least 3 or 4 minutes. They take a while. You can double check if it's actually charging by checking the brake gauges on the HUD, some movement would at least indicate that something is happening

50. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

I got fed up waiting and just drove off , about a minute of driving later , it said that I should drive off . If the brakes were still charging how was I able to drive off . It’s a mess