Db Br 187 - First Screenshots

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Oct 6, 2021.

1. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Yes like a train vanishing when it goes through a red light. That’s pretty real eh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

As a reference for skyhook, this is the correct light configuration fleischmann-738901-dbag-br187-traxx3-electric-locomotive-vi-44608-p_edit_1761694404731705.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you!

I've been told PS trophies will be included for launch (that's certainly the plan, anyway).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

most welcome… hmm I guess there will be another update then as neither 4 or 5 have them at the minute. Tube stock is ready and waiting though.

(Xbox as we know works differently)

5. locobilly

locobilly Well-Known Member

Looks nice but I wish German trains had the variety of colour schemes seen in the UK for example - virtually everything painted red gets kind of boring after a while, and they have some sexy loco's that would look great in more varied finishes. Just my opinion.

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There is a lot more variety - we just need to get more private EVUs like MRCE in.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lamplight

Except nothing vanishes? It‘s a game over since the dispatcher can‘t currently deal with that situation. Let‘s end this discussion here. It‘s clear that you have different ideas as to what a simulator is and should do. That‘s a completely different discussion suited to a different thread.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I've just checked and the lights on the 187 are fine - there is a bit more to setting the lights up on this as part of the setup is done on one of the MFD's and potentially this was missed by the person taking the screenshot.

• Like Like x 20
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

And state sponsored liveries like those from BWegt, nah.SH and RRX

• Like Like x 4
  10. Lamplight

Oh, yeah. Sort of forgot about those. Guess my freight bias is showing :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I like that, means there's a functional mfd, thanks for checking.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lamplight

Just to clarify - does that mean that the lights are set up correctly on AI trains?

• Like Like x 1
  13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Matt the lights need to look like this 5B115381-1E67-4FD1-A8E5-B658508BB475.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

As he said, you can configure this in the cab. And the person who took the screenshots had the wrong configuration. Don't know why this is so hard to understand. Also your pic is a 147, not a 187 so it's not even 100% accurate though they are of course very similar.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Upvote for RRX! They could have them run on SKA, HRR, RRO, and RSN!

• Like Like x 4
  16. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The only issue is that it is quite difficult licensing wise, as the state of Nordrhein-Westfalen holds the design license, but National Express or Abellio logos also need to be licensed, as these are also applied to the train (depending on which operator provides the service).

• Like Like x 1
  17. matinakbary

And Abellio went bankrupt and will probably not operate the RRX for a long time anymore. So not the best idea to approach Abellio at this moment. Also: We went a little off topic here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

As mentioned several times before, I have been waiting for this loco since the first time appeared on the Roadmaps
    Then the news about be available soon - on October 14th- , are really goods ones!
    The images on TSW2 looks really great.
    Look forward to see the cabin ones soon.
    Surely it will be next week, together with a youtube's video stream..

Really very happy about the great quantity of services which will be available for this locomotive!
    Including other german routes too! MSB ones are quite big!

As I saw on video for Hamburg Lubeck route, freight train is stopped due to red light, in order to allow passenger trains pass away first.
    So hope this be implemented on SKA too!
    This will provide more entertaining and real operations.

I have noticed on the images there are 4 different loco numbers: 112 / 123 / 153 / 193.
    The larger for a german train. Isn't it?

As to private freight operator, due to license issue, I believe it will be available only MRCE one. Most probably this will happens on a future new german route.

ende-juni-21-hat-mrce-1264184.jpg

Hopes DTG get new license for other such operator.

As to design, I like the front one.
    But what do you think about the side "container" style one?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Since we have now reached the rare Point in Time that two DLC will be released on the same Day, I would be interested in the Sales for the first day,
    purely out of Curiosity. But since DTG has never shared these Numbers, I have no Hope that it will be any different this time.

20. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

“One of the most appealing features of this locomotive is that it can be configured to run anywhere needed, featuring the latest technologies and a sleek new design it really is the pinnacle of European heavy freight locomotives.”
    Taken from the 187 article.

21. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I know,, he's talking about the lights, but also he's confirming an actual use for an MFD where we have to klick'n'stuff

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

So we don't get a gameplay preview of this up until release on Thursday. Not a big bummer really, but I found that there are usually some sort of "tricks" or functions that you do not get taught in the tutorials, but which we get shown in previews.
    Also I like to see if everything is working properly beforehand.

23. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Oh this loco will be added to my collection on release day

• Like Like x 3
  24. Lamplight

That‘s very unfortunate. I also noticed that the release stream will be done by Sam, which is curious to my mind. He usually doesn‘t do the technical showcase stuff most commonly done by Matt.

25. Ben132465798

Also I don't think he can answer every question if they do come up. Don't get me wrong, Sam is entertaining, and I love his videos, but I don't think this setting would be the right for him, espacially with how many technical question could arise

• Like Like x 1
  26. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

A nit-picker picked! -- well done.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. matinakbary

28. mclitke

Yeah despite what I previously wrote, Who am I gonna fool - I will get this on release-day as well :D

• Like Like x 1
  29. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

From a recent stream it sounded like Skyhook does not want to do any type of preview we typically see for this route (i.e. not cooperate with DTG to make it happen), so the schedule looks a lot like this is the DTG workaround to still show the loco - Sam doing a normal let's play once the loco is publically released.

30. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

A better plan would be a preview stream of the 187 on the Tuesday with Matt and then Sam doing something fun on the Thursday like crashing things together or trying to "troubleshoot" the new routes by breaking them etc. ;)

31. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

The Colonel has been playing with trains recently, so maybe Sam is ready for some more shenanigans on TSW2? :)

32. Lamplight

That‘s my concern as well. Sam‘s always been open about not knowing that much about trains and considering Skyhook‘s current track record with locos, there will be a lot of ground to cover.
    Oh, really? I mean, I get that they may not want to show something that‘s not finished, but this also sounds a little off to me. Like there‘s stuff we‘re not supposed to see. I‘ll take my tinfoil hat off now, but this just seems odd to me - if true.

33. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I was getting the same vibes, it seems very off, but there could be all reasons for this. And we will see it before we decide to buy it, maybe in a different format than usual, but it will be shown nonetheless :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I‘m excited for this, but with no preview stream, I‘ll wait a while to see what it’s like. Pretty sure that the chat on Sam‘s launch stream will pick up any serious issues.

While I like German trains a lot, I’m not going to notice smaller cosmetic things, but I do want to see that the train runs accurately.

In some ways Sam Is perfect to try it. He will just drive it like any other train with no special knowledge, so if there is anything wrong then he’s more likely to find it by accident.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Lamplight

Or fling it into space :D

• Like Like x 2
  36. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Will we get these layers on the other routes on the last gen consoles too or only on the new gen consoles

37. mclitke

You don't get new layers on other routes, only some new services on SKA. The rest it works as substitution, where you can use it for any freight service.

38. locobilly

Still a heck of a lot of red trains though.

39. DeJaPa

DeJaPa Member

I hope it will substitute on some passenger services as well! I'm not really that big/keen on freight services.
    Something like the BR 182, which does both passenger and freight of course.

That's something that still kind of disappoints me about the 155, would love to drive that as an passenger service as well.
    One can hope and dream. ;)

40. Lamplight

It won‘t. It‘s a pure freight engine. Besides, Matt already revealed its substitution options.
    We‘d need to get a vintage route for that. Hopefully we‘ll get one one day.

41. matinakbary

Yeah but what kind of criticism is this? This is just the reality of german railways. Most of the locos and still most commuter services in germany are in DB-red. So it's kinda accurate. Sure, there are, especially when talking about freight locos, many other operators. But then one have to argue: You may see one loco of this operator on the route, maybe a second if you are lucky. But cerainly not all freight services are done by a smaller train operating company. Thy only TOC's where this is more likely are DB Cargo and MRCE Dispo.

Maybe it's the same way as the stream yesterday? Sam chats with a dev from Skyhook while Matt stays in the background and drives the train. That was a pretty good concept!

• Like Like x 1
  42. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

What I meant is if I can use the Br 187 on for exemple HRR in timetable mode on my xbox one s?!

43. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very like i buy db br 187

44. Ben132465798

I don't think there's a dev from SHG attendig... Also, look at many Freight networks, I see many ELL locos, some bls and Hector, Rheincargo is really populated here in the Köln/Düsseldorf area, and since we have routes in that vicinity, even HGK would be a suitable option.

• Like Like x 1
  45. locobilly

It's not meant as a criticism parse, more of an observation that it makes the visual appeal of the German railways a bit less, like when British Rail had monopoly over UK routes and nearly all trains were that blue/green colour. I just find UK and US rolling stock more visually appealing that's all. But it won't stop me buying DB trains![

• Like Like x 1
  46. mclitke

In the end this feels misrepresented due to the licensing done by DTG for german routes. In reality our railroads have become quite colourful over the past years. Where I live, we have lots of private operators like Abelio, National Express, Vlexx and Keolis. Even some DB trains have different painting, the 422 from RRO usually runs in bright green here, and we also have the RRX liveries used. The 101 and other newer locos also ofter wear advertisements, making them quite colourful.
    It is true that this is misrepresented in this game, but IRL it is far from "all red" here. Just in case that you are unfamiliar with german railways, this is not meant in a condescending way!

• Like Like x 2
  47. locobilly

It's DTG giving an unfair representation by the sounds of it. Having said that a search of the various locomotives/EMU's portrayed in this game also throws up a lot of red trains! I know what you mean though, recently in London we're starting to see a lot of different colour buses aside from red double-deckers thanks to advertisements; blue, white and green are nothing unusual these days.

48. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

And here is another ‘real life’ 422.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  49. matinakbary

Who asked for that? Why do you spam the thread about the BR 187 with your non releated comments about the BR 422?

50. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

If I had to wager a guess, it was a response or addition to what mclitke said earlier.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1