This Will Be The Last Thing I Purchase For Train Sim World.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by owenroser19, Oct 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

The Brighton Mainline will likely be the last thing i get for Train Sim World. I am fed up of these disastrous launches, constant crashes, bugs that arn't getting sorted. It's been like this since day dot of Train Sim World being released on console. Enough is enough.

Sorry DTG but you've lost another customer and I won't be the only one If you carry on like this.

• Like Like x 21
  2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

You should be able to get a refund via your Microsoft account.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Tbh working on 3 routes at once and under pressure to release them soon is not easy , releases should hopefully be smoother from now on

• Like Like x 4
  4. owenroser19

I can guarantee it won't be.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Look, it's another person who says they're not going to buy anything from Dovetail anymore who'll inevitably buy more stuff from them in a few weeks time...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And how do you know that?

• Like Like x 2
  7. russianchip

russianchip Guest

I wouldn’t be surprised to see “Spirit of Steam” updates to get the community back on side

• Like Like x 2
  8. owenroser19

I said 'likely'.

• Like Like x 4
  9. owenroser19

That's if they can do it properly. If they can't even get electrostar sounds working God help steam trains.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The new Electrostar sounds are really good , dtg just put wrong sounds on the wrong locos

• Like Like x 3
  11. owenroser19

Only because they came from AP.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Because there's always somebody saying it as soon as anything goes wrong. And then, as soon as something piques their interest again, they trundle right back to the game as if nothing had happened. The amount of people who have genuinely left the game from the PS4 situation and the London to Brighton situation will be negligible. As russianchip says, as soon as Spirit of Steam is announced, they'll be loads of people who come back to the game (assuming they left in the first place). And imagine how many people will come back if there was a route editor...
    Generally the problems with DTG's sounds are the mixing, not the sounds themselves. The HST and Class 166 are great examples of this - the preservation update for GWE updated their sounds and they sound great.

On a similar note, the Class 323 in the Cross-City Line for TS had pretty terrible sounds, but this was because of the appalling mixing of the sounds. They were generally quite good recordings, which were taken from a real 323. I am not sure if the TS2022 update has changed the sounds though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Totally agree, I bought the season pass and feel totally robbed, I stopped playing on day one of rush hour when the textures disintegrated since then they've carried on regardless just pushing out 2 more releases even after admitting that in its current form the game wasn't good enough, which are just littered with problems. The game is a mess and it's unplayable on Xbox.

• Like Like x 8
  14. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

I have (pretty much) every dlc

I have not bought Rush Hour, and I will not purchase it, or anything else until things improve.

I am so shocked to see more new DLC routes on the roadmap, when existing routes are still broken.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Not purchasing another thing till they fix the current outstanding issues. It hurts, cause I love this game.

• Like Like x 4
  16. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Ok Cheerio then have a great time. Hope you find something new to enjoy.

But I'm quite happy personally with the performance I'm getting and I'm not seeing all these glitches people talk about on my Series X. But if it's because your on an older console I don't think you can blame DTG because your running on a potato.

• Like Like x 1
  17. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

And this is the problem. If you say these things, you have to mean it. This is why developers keep releasing buggy and unfinished product after product, because people pay for them. You have to stick to what you say, as how many threads have come up after any disastrous launch for any game, and people say "I AM NEVER BUYING OFF THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!" And then when the sequel or next DLC launches, oh look they've created ANOTHER thread, saying how they're never buying off this company again.
    If everyone who said this actually stuck to it, companies would soon see their sales decline and perhaps take releasing a finished product a lot more seriously.
    Its like a cycle. Dev releases a buggy product, fan base swear never to support the company again. A new DLC is launched, "Wow that looks like a day one purchase!". Then the cycle repeats. By this point, the company has your money.
    This is why for companies with a certain reputation like DTG, its best to wait for launch and the feedback to come in first instead of buying in straight away. That's what I've done, wait to see if there are any serious game breaking bugs, and then buy once the biggest ones have been patched.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

you come across as so spoilt.

“What do you mean you don’t want to pay £500+ just to play a single game that you already paid £400 to play? Silly peasants, why can’t they just get a new console? Don’t they have a disposable income like me?”

• Like Like x 12
  19. A Big Chungus

Plus a console thats not even had its successor for a year yet is now classed as a potato...my how times change.
    The Series X also struggles to hit a constant 60FPS on this game...does that mean TSW2 has reduced it to the title of...potato?

• Like Like x 7
  20. nockwurst

Series S.

• Like Like x 2
  21. nockwurst

Time for a poll!

22. bakedpotatos.jm

So you are never going to upgrade? Thats nice. Whine whine whine because you can't run the game smooth on old technology. And excuse me once the Series X was announced back in August 2020 I started to save up. And sorry but $50 Canadian a month is not that hard to save yes it took until May 2021 before I could buy one. But I took the time and the effort. Which obviously you don't know how to do.

I could teach you a budget course if you would like because I only make $2000 per month and have 2 kids. So I am far from being rich as you assume

DTG have said they want to know who is and who is not having problems so they can decipher the errors. So I can comment if it is not affecting me so they know this problem is not Xbox wide as people are stating.

And yes you are running on a potato I was at one point too. But you know I have a brain and realized that my potato was not going to handle what DTG wanted to bring with Rush Hour.

And now all these people are whining because DTG said in a stream the same thing on Thursday 30mins in. They say the older consoles are not strong enough and they are going to have look at cutting back features to make it run stable.

And now everyone with an old console is complaining that their machine won't run as good ad it used to with crashes and poor frame rate. Well I have news for you none of that is DTG's fault. All those errors are caused by hardware not able to run the software, so basically the game has advanced past 8th gen capabilities.

So I would say DTG should drop older gen consoles its not worth the hassle.

I would really like to see what percentage are still on the older consoles. I'll bet you an Xbox Series X it is closer to 50/50 than you think.

• Like Like x 2
  23. bakedpotatos.jm

Really my Series X has not struggled to keep a 60fps. It seems to keep it nice at 60fps.

Also times haven't changed when the Xbox one came out it only took 2 years for no new games came out for the 360. And if you played Madden or NHL you didn't get the features the Xbox one got in the game as it was a toned down version.

Every time a new console comes out it only takes 2 to 3 years for it to become obsolete, it been like that since the SNES and Genesis.

24. tallboy7648

Some next gen players have reported crashes on London Commuter. The real issue is that this game isn't well optimizied for both last and next gen consoles. PS5 and Xbox Series players shouldn't be having those issues. There were issues on Riessa dresden as well. That to me is DTG's fault. It's not that either gen can't handle rush hour, it's the poor optimization this game has. Layers were taken out of BML for last gen because of game crashes and yet last gen has game crashes. Next get has game crashes as well. That's ridiculous.

I am a Xbox Series X owner and I know tech does move on but it's clear that BML isn't that well optimizied for either gen of console. I haven't bought bml because of texture issues and with what has been reported, I am glad I didn't but to say that some of these issues aren't dtg's fault is an understatement. They need to improve optimization for both generation of consoles.

• Like Like x 9
  25. bakedpotatos.jm

Th
    Thats the thing I'm not having any of these issues with gamplay on my Series X.

I understand why the Series S is having issue sin the RAM in that unit is worse than in the Xbox one X.

That is why I am confused. I have none of these issues the worst I'm seeing is my FPS drop to 50 near Victoria and at East Croyden which is nothing. And I've now run over 260 services on London. I have a player rating of 1108 so I do play quite a bit

26. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

Very interesting quote there considering your username!

Not everyone has the money to be able to go out and buy a new console to play one game. If the game is released on a console it should be playable! I want to support DTG but they really have to get these releases out at the very least working! The majority of complaints about performance are coming from Xbox Series S players, and that is a current generation console!

• Like Like x 1
  27. A Big Chungus

Yeah there are times on the Series X it dips quite frequently, areas that have large open spaces, or lots of scenery objects tend to dip the frame rate, at least on my console. Coming out of Victoria my console joins the leagues of others where the frame rate dipped very low.
    You are right, it does take a couple of years for the old console to be obsolete, yet the series X hasn't been out for a year yet and already you are deeming it's predecessor a potato! A lot of next gen games are still scaled up previous gens games, so we have yet to see the true power of the Series X. Again, the Xbox One X was capable of playing far more intense and demanding games more smoothly than TSW2.
    By the way, Genesis?!! You mean MEGA DRIVE surely!

• Like Like x 4
  28. tallboy7648

Yep there have been issues on series s and series x surprisingly. You must be lucky then. The point I was trying to make though is that there are issues across both generations of consoles including playstation when there really shouldn't be. You say that last gen can't handle it cause it's a potato. But then I wonder why on earth are next gen users reporting memory crashes? You can't say dtg should abandon last gen users when some current gen users are having similar issues. Not everyone can afford at the moment to buy a new console so the game should work as intended across the board. Are you gonna say dtg should ditch Xbox Series S users since that console has less ram?

In my opinion this route probably should've been delayed but that wasn't gonna happen. The issues that have been reported are unacceptable. Layers being cut from last gen to prevent crashes only for them to happen. Memory crashes on both generation consoles, framerate dips. I mean these things shouldn't happen. DTG have been talking about improving optimization for a year now and with how this route released, there's still more that needs to be done

• Like Like x 6
  29. A Big Chungus

I mean you gotta give credit to DTG for being able to have a game actually crash a console due to not having enough Video Ram.

• Like Like x 2
  30. owenroser19

Im on a series s thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

I want to but I can’t

I don’t care if the game runs smoothly or not, I just want it to not crash

Well fair enough then.

“Oh how am I going to convince this guy to agree with my argument... oh I know, let’s insult him!” :You probably

Again, fair enough. Also I do not have a job nor am even of age to get one

You set the bar pretty blinking high for hardware mate, so is the NES an equivalent of a rock to you then?

Well I mean it is their fault for not optimising the game, I mean they could at least adding an auto save so you don’t have to start back at square one

yes but that wouldn’t be fair though would it? Chopping of an entire section of a fan base for your game

I’m done with this, it’s obvious that you won’t accept my argument and anything that I do will not convince you, farewell, have a good day. :)

• Like Like x 5
  32. A Big Chungus

Anyway, come come everyone, enough arguing. We're all Train Simmers at the end of the day.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

You sure are in a crusade to bash 8th gen consoles...your potato coments are getting overcooked by now...Go enjoy you super console and be happy about it...

• Like Like x 3
  34. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Honestly, the last gen consoles are in a pretty good place right now performance-wise. Certainly handling the game better than Series S, because of how well it scales down to them. It's optimising for CURRENT generation systems where DTG need to get it together. Because they've clearly not got the hang of that yet.

• Like Like x 5
  35. nockwurst

I’ve liked or agreed with most of your posts but this one is a little tone deaf, my fellow Canadian. I think you’ve missed the mark here.

Respectfully, DtG planned all these big releases, updates, bells and whistles, for ALL consoles. They messed this up large with piss poor QA and an expectation that they can continue to push out content at full price while not fixing the current issues.

I’m on Series S. I still have the texture issues and the audio issues. I don’t care if it is a huge fix. I paid for the game, and all the DLCs, and I won’t give them any more money when they keep telling us it will be fixed, and it never is.

I’m tired of being patronized. I don’t want ‘updates and roadmaps on fixes’. Fix it. DtG sold the game for Xbox one and Xbox Series. Fix it to run on both.

• Like Like x 6
  36. tallboy7648

Fellow Canadian? I'm not Canadian. I live in New York City lol. :)

I'm sure dtg will fix the issues eventually. It doesn't present a good image when a some services on bml are unplayable due to memory crashes

• Like Like x 1
  37. nockwurst

Lol, sorry, was aiming at BakedPotatoesJim.

do love NYC tho!

• Like Like x 2
  38. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

So, my question is:- How well will the TSW2 RUSH HOUR dlc run on an Xbox One S?

• Like Like x 1
  39. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Re DTG, wish I’d followed my own advice re RH and waited for the sale (Steam, PC). Problem is, we delude ourselves that each time it will get better and things like the timetable falling apart on restoring a saved game would have been picked up during beta and play testing. It seems not, or more likely it was, but swept under the carpet.

Just remember boys and girls, this is the same company that promised great things with Flight Sim World. The reality being they dropped the title like a stone after declaring it was out of early access, neatly sidestepping any liability for refunds under Steam EA policy. As Saruman remarked about Wormtongue at the end of The Return Of The King, they are not really nice…

• Like Like x 1
  40. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

For those interested I recently read an article on a german xbox site about the sales distribution of a small niche football game called FIFA 22 or something like that ;) ..
    Those numbers are claimed to be UK retail sales. Digital sales are not included in this list but I think the numbers speak for themselves- we are years (!) away from dropping support for 8th gen consoles. When their combined market share reaches about 10% it might be attractive for a company but with the extremely limited accessibility to 9th gen consoles with no end in sight this is nowhere near happening anytime soon.

• 41 % – PlayStation 4
    • 27 % – Xbox One
    • 23 % – PlayStation 5
    • 5% – Nintendo Switch
    • 4% – Xbox Series X|S

• Like Like x 3
  41. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Not everyone can afford to simply just upgrade, you know..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  42. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Jeez can we stop with the “YoU nEeD tO uPgRaDe” there’s an ongoing pandemic with a shortage of chips that make almost impossible to get a PS5 or a Series X and god knows how much I want a bloody PS5 which is impossible to get where I’m as the rare stock available are straight took by these scalpers bellend

• Like Like x 5
  43. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I did and every time the same message “your order is delayed” and I asked for my money back. Sony said maybe around mid 2022 it should be back to normal wait & ses

44. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah big retailers are hard as it got more customers but trust me even the small independent one are the same, it’s either they run out of stock or they charge 200 more than the initial price something I’ll never do

• Like Like x 1
  45. ajwilson1889

That's what's annoying, even though its broken they keep selling new routes. I tried London Commuter as it downloaded as part of season pass, and straight away the instrument panel started flickering and the dials went to low res and were unreadable. I'm so disappointed, I've got a Series X and the panel at times looks Sega Megadrive. Now it's all gone quiet when they should be working all out to fix it and keep us updated. Where I work if we make a line that's not up to scratch we work round the clock to fix the issue, overtime and weekends.

• Like Like x 2
  46. ajwilson1889

Don't forget the Series X runs MS Flight Simulator on High Settings at a decent framerate comparable to high end gaming PC's. I know several PC Gamers who bought Series X for just this reason.

47. Princess Entrapta

Indeed, it's pretty impressive running on a 120hz VRR display with the framerate unlocked.

48. Princess Entrapta

The main draw is that a Series X costs half the price of a 6800XT or RTX3080, not even counting the cost of the rest of a decent PC build.

• Like Like x 2
  49. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

260 services in three days seems impossible?

50. ajwilson1889

Its comparable to a high end PC and for £ per processing power its unbeatable. Yes you can pay £2,500 but you have to ask yourself is the extra performance over Series X worth the additional 2k. For most gamers I know the answer is no and they've bought Xboxes