Train Sim World 2 - London Commuter - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 7, 2021.

1. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

DTG will look at what is happening with the older gen and then look at their profits. They can't drop last gen as their profits will not be good and they can't stop further developments for next gen and PC otherwise that market will be hit. The only realistic solution and easiest for DTG is to have a separate team to develop for last gen. They cannot keep releasing DLC that doesn't run and buggy. Makes no sense.

• Like Like x 4
  2. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Update

Uninstalled all three Rush Hour routes from my Xbox One X and it works just as it used to

3. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

I have an Xbox One. For the last 9 months I’ve been searching high and low for an Xbox Series X. I’m not a hardcore gamer and have been pondering whether to just get a Series S and have done with it or keep waiting. If London Commuter (without the bugs) is the standard we can now be expecting from DTG & Rivet then it’s worth me getting a next gen console for sure but I just am stuck as to ether it’s X or S.

The reason this is relevant, is because it’s not about the cost (although I know there is an enormous difference in price) or want to upgrade but about the fact it’s impossible to get a next gen console!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

If you can afford it , definitely get an X . It might be worth finding out if anyone you know would be able to get one easier than you

• Like Like x 3
  5. dhekelian

I am on the PC and was waiting ages to get hold of a new graphics card to update my system. Then I thought I'd try to get next gen had no chance but then saw the series S. I was using it alongside my PC and TSW2 looked good on it although I didn't have many routes on it the system was just a stop gap and I was just using it just for TSW2 and as the routes are all DLC it seemed ideal. I have now upgraded my system, managed to get a 3060 ti, and my daughter has since taken my Series S telling me it is hers now, lol.

If you are going to use the series S just for TSW2 I would say get one even the expensive storage upgrade as well but if you are going to have a few games on their you might want the series X or PS5.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Well that was a weekend of mixed feelings. I started off playing on Playstation 5 and it didn't go well. I much prefer playing on the big TV sitting on the Sofa with a Coffee and snacks, but it wasn't to be. Playstation 5 just has so many issues with TSW 2 at the moment, I'm going to have to give it a rest until fixes arrive... So I switched back to PC and now I'm loving the new route. The timetable is amazing. I'm normally more of a fan of German Routes, but London Brighton has kept me hooked all weekend.

So far I've completed all the scenarios and quite a few timetables. By far my favourite was running a stopping service around 9:30 pm with the Mastery reward switched on. As I was coming up to Battersea the amount of trains on screen was excellent and the Powerstation and it's lighting looked fantastic. Very atmospheric. (Would have preferred the mastery reward to be a flying pig, but never mind). Really enjoying services where you have to join or decouple from another unit as well.

So come on DTG, get the major issues fixed and tidy up the annoying things (especially the train formation screen that always shows train numbers for a 377 even when driving a 387 - It's there in front of me all the time and driving me nuts - I can't un see it). This will be a great route once it's sorted (and don't forget the major issues on the other 2 rush hour routes either - I'd quite like the DB 101 that I paid for to appear on Reisa Dresden without crashing it)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  7. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. It amazes me how heated people get over such trivial things in life.

I see a couple of users I can picture getting so blood boiled their face is so red typing back at me.

Calm down big boy no reason to have a heart attack because of a forum thread.

I respect you have a different take on things and I do respect that. But I don't know why you would try to insult me by making me look like a rich jerk. But each their own I guess.

Even typing in bold, how cute.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  8. bakedpotatos.jm

I never once called anyone an idiot. Thats on you.

Maybe you should grow up a little there big boy.

Very immature hahahaha

Oh BTW look at the thread where Matt says that layers are yeah a bonus.

9. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

Welcome to my ignore list mate, I would’ve liked to have a reasonable discussion with you, I even said I was giving up earlier. You just don’t even read my whole post and poke holes in some of the most obvious sections to see. I thought you were a rich jerk because you were definitely acting like one, insulting our consoles because you saved up for the newest one, and apparently just because a new console comes out that immediately renders the slightly older one obsolete? It’s ridiculous and I’ve had enough of it. And for what as well, enjoyment? I think I’m right in saying that neither of us are enjoying this ‘Arguement’, so let’s just move on and actually play the game that we’re arguing about. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Could you maybe take those insults and discussions to a private DM, it has gotten quite off-topic ;)

Back on topic: I enjoy the route, the timetable is just crazy amazing, thanks Joethefish for this amazing work. I hope the scenery and AWS issues will get sorted soon, and then along with Dresden this is the new level everything will be compared to (maybe not always for the better :D )

• Like Like x 3
  11. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Seeing as we're still waiting on fixes to come for the Boston Sprinter signalling equipment/systems, I really do hope that DTG take a breather in terms of releases for a month or two, and just work on bug fixing and ironing out what's left to make these routes just that little closer to perfection.

• Like Like x 4
  12. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

4 days since purchased on release and I notice London Commuter is now included in the Xbox Game Pass discount - now £22.49 (saving of £2.50). If only I'd waited:-(

• Like Like x 1
  13. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

I think the point he is making is if it won't run on a PS4 then don't release on PS4, don't let people buy then find out it doesn't work

• Like Like x 6
  14. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I can recommend a good service with loads of yellows and reds. Try the 2B41 Epsom Downs-Victoria service at 22:08. I can remember having loads of yellow signals and, if I remember correctly, at least two reds en-route. With it being a night service, make sure to have rain as it makes it more of a challenge of seeing the signals without the hud with the wet windscreen and wipers.

• Like Like x 3
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The class 66 service from Newhaven to Acton Yard is pretty good, it’s smooth sailing upto Redhill but then you’re behind a stopper all the way to Clapham, constant yellows and reds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll give it another go today, although my first attempt the game crashed at selhurst. I agree it's a good service

17. dhekelian

A few of us have been saying this for a few months now but still they rush out the next DLC, probably something to do with the bean counters but imo what they do not realise is if they did actually fix the bugs and updates future DLC would go a lot smoothly. In an ideal world they would release one DLC and if it had bugs fix it then move on but DTG have a lot of catching up to do.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ewan M

Ewan M Member

I’m yet to properly play BML (I’ve got Xbox One so I don’t get the additional services) due to the ongoing issues with it but will DTG be sorting out the frame rate issues at Victoria? As the frame rate there atm is pretty bad

19. Southern Driver

Southern Driver Active Member

I am in a similar situation, the poor frame rate and the missing AWS in places has meant I don’t spend much time on it. However I decided yesterday that I’d get an Xbox Series S and sell my Xbox One to recoup a bit of the money back. Perhaps in 12-18 months when the Series X or it’s replacement is available I’ll consider buying it then.

Has anyone from DTG commented on the faults that have been identified yet? That’s what would make all the difference to me here, an acknowledgment that some things slipped through the net on testing and will be addressed. Radio silence is not so encouraging.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dhekelian

With all the bugs and fixes needed at the moment I think a 'Roadmap' stream is justified every week untill they get on top of these bugs. People are getting bugs, crashes and errors all over the place and various routes so it would be nice to let people know what is being worked on and when a fix is coming especially after being told that fixes will be done on a more regular basis. I just thought people here would feel better that something is being done.

• Like Like x 2
  21. steam#4657

steam#4657 New Member

I can’t play the London commuter route on PlayStation five

22. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Don’t think Iv seen someone mention it but on the 387 you can contact the signaller if you hover over the phone on the right

• Like Like x 3
  23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's a little feature they have added or are adding to all locos. Much more immersive than the tab key!

• Like Like x 1
  24. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Iv noticed that there only seems to be one southern service that stops at Horley that goes to Seaford and ore and that there’s no services from Brighton that call at three bridges and and The other peak time stations, seems like most of the stopper peak services along the redhill line only see 1 service

• Like Like x 1
  25. vipermfc#5684

vipermfc#5684 New Member

It's a joke I have Xbox one keeps crashing on the 387 don't understand what is going on need to be fixed

26. vipermfc#5684

vipermfc#5684 New Member

It's a joke everyone I use my 387 it crashing I have all the add-ons and because I have Xbox one I can't use my 375 or 166 it's not right still cost us the same but we have less trains to run I understand the memory but surly you could of done something Not happy at all

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  27. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster why the Passenger on the Tracks on Brighton Mainline?
    CDB721AD-B2A9-4015-B250-3D5C23CE7D85.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. emdzej

emdzej Member

Sometimes it is also like this:

tm1.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  29. emdzej

emdzej Member

And triplets :)

tm2.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. solicitr

While the "Rush Hour" passenger update increased density and added clothing variety, the basic passenger spawning and AI routines are the same as always, so they still appear out of thin air and walk in silly places.

31. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

And, in many cases, still wear weather-inappropriate clothing!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  32. dhekelian

Hahaha, they look like they have fallen out with each other. Perhaps one is from DTG, the other from Skyhook and the other from Rivet, LOL

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mark newman

Mark newman Well-Known Member

34. solicitr

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  35. dhekelian

Looks like someone has used a shot-gun.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Glazier

Glazier Member

Awww, our dear passengers... Totally offtopic but my 2 cents :D
    Rush Hour passengers arriving to East Coastway =^_^=
    20211021143743_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Looks like a reenactment of the Battle of Waterloo. But where's the cavalry? :)

• Like Like x 4
  38. Glazier

Glazier Member

"Total War: Train Sim World", a long aviated collaboration with Creative Assembly :D.

• Like Like x 2
  39. solicitr

:o

40. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Probably teleporting off the train

41. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

That huge amount of passengers would definitely crash my PS4 :D

42. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The orange jacket situation has become too much for some travellers. None of this guy's work colleagues even seem bothered.

49ea98ed-cf7b-432d-98be-b05a2e011da7.jpeg b5287ed6-42a3-490f-8a93-47d64b992dad.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  43. bakedpotatos.jm

Stunned faces as they all get off the cocaine train.

• Like Like x 5
  44. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I thought there had been updates, these screens look worse than at launch...what on earth? BML still doesn't have the Rush Hour passengers does it?

45. solicitr

Oh, it does; Red Jacket Men are the tipoff.

46. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

How you guys find these things (assuming I'm not being naïve re: photo editing skills).
    ...just lol :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021