Class 50

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Following some thought on my part, I have decided to remove the photo, as I currently cannot be sure of the origin of the photo and whether anything bad will happen to the person who took it. If it is confirmed in the future to be alright, I will re-add the photo.

I got sent this from a friend. I do not know if this was knowingly released or if it's a leak. Either way, it's in early development by DTG and currently not high priority.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Will be fantastic if it's true, but I won't hold my breath. These were my favourite Loco's when I used to train spot on Newton Abbot Station back in my school days. I even went to Plymouth to the Laira open day just becuase I knew that the last one I needed to tick off was there. (Which was Hook - 50031 if I remember correctly)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doomotron

From what I have been told (I am at the end of what is presumably a chain of messages, so I have no idea where it came from) it is in limited development by one person at DTG (who I won't name because this might be a leak). This stuff is probably earlier than 'In Planning' on the roadmap, so it isn't confirmed to be happening, as I am sure DTG have loads of cancelled projects. This doesn't look like a ported model from TS, but it isn't at TSW level yet. The texturing and modelling at the moment is low quality, but as this is in early development, that'll hopefully change. I am told that the route is nothing more than a test route.

And asking about your story, which I enjoyed, I assume you're happy about GBRf using two Class 50s? I am. They seem up to buy anything.

EDIT: Having examined the models of both the Armstrong Powerhouse/Bossman Games and MeshTools Class 50s, this does not seem to be a ported model from TS.

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

A class 50 in BR large logo livery? Yes please.

Also probably abit reckless to post this here since if it is a leak, DTG more than likely know who’s working on it, which I imagine isn’t alot of people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Doomotron

Perhaps, but seeing as they put 'very work in progress' at the bottom suggests it could have not been a leak and was meant to have been released, in the same vein that Matt Peddlesden occasionally posts photos of in development content on his Discord server (such as one of Train Sim World with ray tracing and another of a Train Simulator 4F ported into TSW). Of course I hope that nothing bad happens to the person working on it, and it would seem a bit tight if DTG chose to discipline them. If DTG aren't happy with the alleged leak, it would be more sensible for them to delete this thread than go on a Matrix-style manhunt.

6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

What route would this presumably run on? Something already in-game?

7. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

can someone re upload the photo??

8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It would be nice but TBH before the photo got suppressed it looked more like MSTS with the TSW overlay superimposed, so whole thing could be a giant hoax.
    As regards suitable routes, well a layer into GWML as part of the heritage collection or WSR are the only existing semi logical destination. West Cornwall if/when it ever comes out. There’s also the possibility it could be developed for an as yet unannounced route DLC of which there are several likely candidates, Salisbury to Exeter would be my wish.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Doomotron

It looks like TSW to me because of the lighting. The Unreal engine is quite distinct in that way. If it was a hoax it also leaves the question of who'd remodel and reskin a loco just for a hoax. Still it could be a hoax but I can't be sure.

10. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Also the trees in the background looked like the TSW trees.

Yeah, but it probably wasn't meant for public release. When Matt releases those sort of images, it's generally him (or someone else) messing around or suffering from new toy syndrome (we already know the team are poking around with UE5, but it means nothing). One of the first screenshots we got of TSW IIRC was the TS1 Class 66 rendered in UE4 - similarly, someone else released video of the TS1 1938 Stock rendered in UE4. In fact, I have a feeling we saw a similar ss from MeshTools involving their Class 50 but I may be misremembering.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Doomotron

Perhaps, but again we can't be sure. As for the model itself, it has various differences to the existing TS models. There is no depth on the domino (?) board like the MeshTools model, but unlike that model the rails on the front are horizontal and there are rims around the domino lights. I do hope nothing bad happens and in some ways I regret posting it, but at the same time and in a sick way this is the sort of transparency wve been asking for from DTG. If we want to make sure the developer is safe, our best option is to let this thread die and drop into the abyss of old threads.

12. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Just imagine if it’s a troll photo from another sim with tsw2 UI put over top. Just as a sense check there’s no possibility this could be a TS model is there? I don’t know if it’s in that game

15. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

This is a real and a peronal project that currently isn't being worked on, last I heard. The screenshot was posted by the project's author a few months ago so it's definitely real and not a leak. But, since it has been put on the back burner for now, it is probably best to let this thread die before it starts fueling speculation and expectations about something that might not even make it to TSW2 for a very long time.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  16. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

No it's most definitely a screenshot from something in Unreal Engine. Look at the shimmering of the rails and how the wheels connect to the rail; also the way the air hoses hang down in the front; and lastly, the way the aliasing kicks in on the row of windows in the coaches further back. It's also not simply something that has been ported over from TS to TSW for a quick fun photo; the model is textured and light-mapped correctly for use in UE.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. jamesthepershing

jamesthepershing Active Member

DTG Ed I think.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  18. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

what?

19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You may want to request a mod locks it so it doesn’t keep coming back.

• Like Like x 2
  20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Rumors based on a rumor! Are these forums far out, or what?!?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

A Class 50 on a future Settle-Carlisle route? Count me in!

22. Doomotron

As much as I'd like Settle-Carlisle, it's probably not going to happen and, unlike the 50 has no truth in it. stujoy I will request a mod look; this thread will either get someone fired or become a mess of baseless speculation (we have an entire thread for that :) ). It's best that this thread dies.

• Like Like x 2
  23. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The MSFS forum has a feature which allows the mods to make a thread unlisted, if possible on this forum maybe this could be a good use case?

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locked at original poster's request.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.