Livery Designer Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ZeenozPlays, Oct 11, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Ever since the latest update that came with the release of London Commuter, the Livery Designer has been severely bugged. I've created this thread for all users to post the issues they've experienced with the Livery Designer, in the newest update to the game.
    • Attempting to Copy a Livery Results in all liveries being Deleted
    I was pretty upset when this happened to me (luckily I had a backup save). I created a Livery for the Class 387, then I attempted to copy the livery, so I would have the same design, and would only have to change the numbering, however, when I pressed the copy button and entered a name, a popup appeared, reading:

"An error has occurred." After clicking "Ok", I was surprised to see that my Class 387 Livery (the one I had just created), along with every other livery I created for other trains deleted. The only way to retrieve these deleted liveries was to redownload a save I had created in mid-September (only available for PS Plus Players). Not only is it frustrating to have to be forced to do whole liveries from scratch because you can't copy them and make some adjustments to the new livery, but it's also frustrating to have the game delete all of your previous liveries. Liveries that may have taken hours upon hours to create.
    • Class 377/387 Gangways not paintable
    On the new Class 377/387 (From BML), you are unable to apply colored layers to the gangway that connects the units. You were able to do this on both the previous Class 377 (From ECW), and the Class 375 (From SEHS), so it's a bit confusing as to why we can't do so here. The only solution (for the time being), is to paint the whole car the color of your choice, so the gangway can be a different color, and then use layers to paint the rest of the train a different color. Not only is this more time-consuming, but it's also a waste of valuable layers (WE ONLY HAVE 300), and is more difficult to do.

These issues really affect how we create liveries, and our enjoyment of using the designer, so I think that its important to get a fix out soon. I ask that all of you who use the livery designer as well, post your issues, so we can get these fixed, and continue to share our creative minds!

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Noticed the issue with the gangways being unpaintable, only way around this for me has been to set the base pain colour of the train to whatever I want the gangway doors to be, however this is only effective for if you want one solid colour on them.

I haven’t noticed the copy issue on PS5.

On PS5 however the liveries are still pixelated, so whatever fix they pushed to PS4 either didn’t work for PS5 or we are missing that fix.

3. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...I recently got the same error message and all previous liveries disappear. As a result I'm very careful now when I create new liveries and every time I create new backup files, because I found out that after 76 liveries the error report appears regulary to me and the whole tool becomes unstable. I also made the experience that after copying a livery (to save time and work) the error message also appears, but in my case at the HBK BR112. I suspect it has to do with the allocated storage space on the PS4. There must be a programmed limit that must not be exceeded. The more often you reach the 300 layer limit per livery, the more the memory is filled and fewer liveries are possible overall. But that's just a guess on my part.

Nevertheless I'm happy that the PS4 version finally runs pixel-free again!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I guess it is a memory issue then. There goes the hope for having the layer limit unlocked, like the PC Mod.

5. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

6. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Yes this happened to me a few times on ps4 and had to remake everything thats why I paid for playstation plus to upload the livery files into the cloud to avoid losing all my hard work liveries. It's happens when you copy the same livery 3 to 4 times and then instant delete. It sad I can't trust the game itself to keep my things safe. DTG Natster TrainSim-Matt