London Commuter Crashes At The End Of The Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by townsend_simon, Oct 11, 2021.

1. townsend_simon

townsend_simon New Member

Hi All,

London commuter keeps crashing on me at the end of the timetabled service, normally just before the route completes, i have no mods installed and the route runs perfectly at full detail otherwise, is there anything i can check which might be causing the crash?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Me too I did the training then first run was Victoria to Brighton. Run it 3 times and it crashes when you open the doors at Brighton

• Like Like x 2
  3. townsend_simon

My first crash was on a red signal outside of victoria at the end of the route...and like you i just had one at brighton as i opened the doors....interestingly......TSW thinks i have completed the route. as when i go in again it starts the next timetabled service.

4. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing the same.

5. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Ah mine doesn't, it puts me back at the start of the same service when I load, and I dont think it recorded the miles or the XP

6. horchata

horchata New Member

having the same issue as op and hope it gets fixed soon i just want to start my journey

7. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

Just skip the London to Brighton runs and start your journey now

8. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I had the same issues, 1W30 at 08:41. Crashed just as the passenger loading was about to complete at Brighton. Post reboot I went back to an earlier save only to be held up 11 miles out of Brighton because the route 2 trains ahead was diverging from Brighton, whilst the train at that point was not..
    tried again by catching the same train at Gatwick Airport, and that time it worked (although I only got a bronze because I had not driven the full route).

9. townsend_simon

Still an issue even after the update :(

10. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

What helps me is saving just before you open the doors. If it's doesn't crash yippee, if it does just go into the saved game and then open the doors.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ashleigh.turner.gaming

ashleigh.turner.gaming New Member

Not sure if the 3rd November 2021 update was supposed to fix this or not. Either way, I can confirm that it for sure hasn't fixed it.

I only bought London Commuter today and was very much enjoying it. But very frustrated, to say the least, that it crashes to desktop right at the final moment and thus the completion of the service isn't registered. As mentioned by others above, the game crashed for me when I click to open the doors for the final time at Brighton station. The route ran smoothly before that with no suggestion at any time that it was going to crash.

Has this actually been acknowledged by DTG yet?

I have raised a ticket just now on Freshdesk, but I'm saddened to see zero DTG response to any of the crash related threads on this forum despite clearly being mentioned from launch and on multiple situations. And no, I do not use mods, I have not modified any game files, I have not touched the steam launch options, and I do not overclock my system either. I have never had game crashes until now with TSW1 or 2 or any of the 23 other DLCs that I have for it.

Wish this will be fixed quickly as crash to desktops are pretty game breaking; and experience killing too!

• Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This happens at Brighton on every 387 service (maybe the 377s too). Tay95's workaround is the temporary solution: pull up to the platform, save, try to open doors (it will crash), reload save, open doors, route completes.

• Like Like x 2
  13. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

What I do is that after I stop at the final stop but before I open the doors I make sure I'm in cab view (1) with the camera pointing to the floor so there are no external windows visible.

I haven't had any Unreal crashes since I've started doing that. Could be a coincidence or pure luck, but as it works for me I'm sticking with it for now!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Interesting. Worth a try; certainly I've noticed that the brutal framerate slowdown at East Croydon dissipates if one looks anywhere in the cab that doesn't have an outside view.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Another handy tip is limiting the amount of time in external camera view, alot of my crashes have occurred in this view. So now I am trying to have more of my game time in the cab view

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. Glenn FSX

Glenn FSX New Member

Spot on ! Thank you. That worked like a charm for me. I was crashing all the time but your solution did the trick !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

In the Roadmap stream today Matt said they have identified the issue and a fix will be coming out probably in the next update.