Does London-brighton Offer Any End-to-end Stopping Services?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find any service that runs from end to end whilst stopping at all (or at least most) stations. Am I overlooking them or are they just not there?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I dont think they exist, even in real life. The London to Brighton trains are services that do not stop everywhere, so to get to a smaller station you ll have to change trains somewhere

But since I am from Germany, I am not sure :D

3. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

nah there are, in game there is 1 train per hour from Victoria to Brighton and vice versa, they stop I believe at Clapham Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick, Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill and Hassocks

4. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Not exactly. AFAIK in UK trains works like the further they go the further they stop everywhere. Im sure its a lot more chaotic in real, but when i was living in London i was told to think about them like this.
    So a train that goes from Y till A, stops everywhere, but a train that goes from Y to B, across A, it doesnt stop anywhere from Y till A, but stops everywhere from A to B.
    Pls correct me if im wrong, again i belive its a little more chaotic as there are more important stations across the line.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's only a few stops, skipping a majority of the stations.

6. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

It's the Thameslink services (that don't run into Victoria) which stop at (almost) every station.

• Like Like x 1
  7. aaronbrall#7894

aaronbrall#7894 Active Member

Yeah these ones are more the commuter trains which stop at Three Bridges Balcombe Wivelsfield and Preston Park, these however go to East Croydon, then London Bridge, Blackfriars, St Pancras and then onto Cambridge and Bedford, I have a very strong suspicion we will get the class 700 in 2022 for BML but for now you only get semi-fast trains on the BML

• Like Like x 3
  8. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

it'd be nice for balcombe, horley, salfords, and earlswood to actually get some service

• Like Like x 1
  9. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I really hope, entire three bridge tmd is accessable, so it would make sense and put another cool train to this route

10. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

Shame that 1F98 05:32 Vic to Ore is missing, this stops at a lot of places and after East Croydon is slow line all the way to Balcombe Tunnel Junction, after Redhill it stops all stations to Wivelsfield.

11. JimbobQ

JimbobQ Member

I believe if I remember correctly on the 2008 Summer Timetable. There's 1 late night northbound Brighton to London Victoria that stops at Redhill and the Southbound goes fast to Gatwick via Redhill. 1A71 currently does this on the current timetable with similar timings.

The problem is that it passes over midnight and the limitations of the 24 hour timetable means it probably got dropped.

12. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Wait, so the London Commuter DLC doesn't have the Commuter in it? :o:D
    Maybe it will come in the future as a train DLC...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I would've loved taking a train all the way, stopping at all stations. That'd make for a decent length gaming session. Although it may be realistic that these trains are missing, from a gameplay perspective I don't quite understand it.

Of course I could create my own scenario, but unless I want to spend a month adding AI traffic, I'd be all alone on the route and that kinda ruins the spirit of Rush Hour...

I'd really wish we had a Quick Drive mode in TSW. I miss it. :'(

14. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Shame there's hardly any Preston park stoppers that go to Brighton , if any? I was stranded at Preston park last night ex Vic to littlehpton, had to wait for a HHE / GTW bound service .
    If only Thameslink was in the game..........

• Like Like x 5
  15. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

A TL 700 addon would be a guaranteed money spinner for DTG, almost everyone who has BML would be wanting it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Thameslink could be missing, but you have still pretty decent options for long sessions: there are plenty of timetables around 1h or even more.

17. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I see only a few, and they're only stopping at a few stations. I've been trying mostly with the SE 377, as the 387 seems to be running Express services exclusively. I've been looking at the time length in the timetable service selection screen. I think 1:10 is the longest and offers services which stop at a few stations, but still skip the majority of stations.

18. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

There are some services with the 387 running to Brighton and stopping at some stations after Gatwick Airport. They skip a lot of stations but we don't get over 1 hour services on DLCs very often so ...

19. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Also a touch of a headache for last gen users as the 700 might not make it to last gen given how packed the current timetable is, still hopeful however

• Like Like x 1