No Trophies For Any Future Dlc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Oct 12, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Literally couldn’t make this up.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  4. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

why can't they add a 2nd list on PS5 ? quite frankly this is pathetic if they knew of such issues why did they not scale down trophy's on PS5 version? Either way PS5 users have even less of a reason to buy new dlc now. They should also consider a new version a TSW 3 with the whole new list. I wonder what other problems DTG will come up with for Playstation ?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

WTF is wrong with these people.

• Like Like x 6
  6. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

This is once again a Sony limitation - I imagine Sony set the trophy limit high and didn't expect any developers to hit it until TSW came along. They need to up their limits for both DLC and trophies, seriously what harm would it do Sony?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

well, ain't that a kick up the pooper.
    Sony and their limitations. First the undocumented DLC cap size on PS5 and now no more trophies.

8. TinTin_57

If anyone looks back at my posts over the years you will see how much time I’ve spent getting trophies and working to help diagnose broken ones, and let’s face it we’ve had a few of those. For a lot of players (not all) trophies are a core way we organise our play. I use trophies for a dlc to focus my play for a route, rather than journey mode or just rattling through the service list.

when we didn’t get the same trophies/achievements as everyone else for IOW because of ‘a core issue’ we should have realised something was up.

I’m sure given the amount of bad news we are getting, the next one will be the PS5 issues for deleting DLC can’t be resolved and the PS5 version of the game gets pulled!

• Like Like x 6
  9. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Can’t say it’s the end of the world for me, but even though I’m not a trophy collector, it’s still satisfying when they pop up.

I really don’t understand Sony here though limiting the experience like this. What can they gain apart from dissatisfied players.

I’m kind of regretting my PS5 with all these unnecessary limitations.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

1338 stock have a trophy list for ps5 even jd mention NO in the post.

For me is clear, no more trophies no more dlcs :) ps5 could have 1000 trophies in 1 list so i dont understand why they dont put more.

• Like Like x 4
  11. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Faith is dwindling fast. Gutted by this and I shouldn’t have to deal with all this garbage just for a leisure activity.

I’m close to hopping off at the next stop.

• Like Like x 7
  12. TinTin_57

I wonder if all these issues are actually Sony’s fault or is it that the game is blindly designed without anyone at DTG knowing PlayStation?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

No such issues on xbox...

• Like Like x 1
  14. TinTin_57

Yeah I know in your case you 100% completed the lists so I imagine this is a massive disappointment

I’ve just finished the service I was doing and shut the TSW2 down. I’m done for today! Really cannot be bothered

• Like Like x 4
  15. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Ok This is confusing. On PS4 there are Set 1, Set 2, and Set 3 of trophies. Why cant you just make a set 4 or does that not work in this case? I wish DTG_Natster had included this in her explanation of what is going on. My guess though is they are not doing any more trophies for ps4 since they cant do it for ps5?

On the trophy limit, this is something well known and has been brought up by other developers over the years.

Agree that Sony or DTG is really really messing this game up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Observadorpt

I dont have 100% in Tsw 2 neither the plat, only Tsw 2020 i have 100%

17. Willowrpe

yes 1938 stock does have trophies on PS5 just seen them on the list

• Like Like x 1
  18. TinTin_57

Wonder if they are achievable though or will they always remain 0.0%

• Like Like x 1
  19. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Wow, us playstation users are really being shafted amd alienated lately. What next DTG

• Like Like x 8
  20. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

For me, it is nice to unlock a trophy on the Playstation side, especially when I am uploading onto the YT channel because I feel like everyone who watches is following not just the journey that myself and my brother are narrating but also the trophy journey as well

Plus it is nice to get a reward for all of the hard work you put in, especially with the mastery stuff not working properly

I do hope the issue gets fixed

• Like Like x 3
  21. Willowrpe

If PS5 does have a 1,000 trophies limit then why is this issue happening at around to 360 trophy mark ? Something does not add up, I can't shake the impression DTG don't know what they are doing, its one piece of bad news after another who knows whats next I hate to dread

The fact is that they messed up the core upgrade and rush hour is a complete disaster does not give me much faith in DTG, I have a theory that how the game was designed has caused a load of issues they now cant solve or would be too difficult. If they dont get on top of the problems the who game will crash in on itself

• Like Like x 6
  22. Willowrpe

steam will be the next disaster, the water will run out before you reach the last stop no matter how well you drive

quote me on it if this happens!

• Like Like x 1
  23. morph147

morph147 Active Member

So I am actually curious what the limit actually is at the moment. Based off doing research, but sadly nothing that I can say for certain is correct, it looks like 1000 is the magic number. We are currently at 348 before any new dlc. How are we at the limit?

24. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

PlayStation5 - Play Has No Limits Except Some Limitations.

This should have been Sony’s tagline.

• Like Like x 3
  25. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

With regards to your PS4 questions, as you can imagine, there are lots of discussions internally currently about consoles - and at this stage, we don't have all the answers.
    The community team will work to offer you some further clarity in the future; but our primary focus at the moment is the Add-ons storage cap at this stage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Man it's a tough time to be on Playstation at the moment.

Although I love my PS5 for first party titles I'm now massively regretting choosing this ecosystem for TSW.

I didn't have a PC when TSW1 came out so I guess I didn't have much choice but this stings a lot.

So far in the last few months we've had to deal with:

• Missing DLC after the RH update on PS4
    • DLC not working with the PS5 version
    • Both PS4 and PS5 DLC installing
    • RDR crashing if you have the 101 DLC
    • DLC missing if you have too much installed
    • Loss of trophies
    • Missing Mastery rewards on PS5
    • No profile transfer from PS4 to PS5
    Most of the above are Sony's issue, not DGT's but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

I can't justify the expense of moving platforms and re-buying DLC but I also don't want to buy anything further until we get a final answer on this on way or the other just in case I have no option in future but to move to PC / XBox.

Sony's infrastructure is definitely not fit for running TSW on.

• Like Like x 7
  27. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

And the next message will be that DTG will discontinue support for the PlayStation :(???

• Like Like x 5
  28. morph147

morph147 Active Member

That is understandable that you do not have all the answers. The biggest questions though is how are we at the cap for the game if the cap is 1000 trophies and the game is currently at ~350. That is a big difference and if this is the case then how is TSW2 at the cap? If the cap is something different can you clarify? It would also be worth asking why net create a trophy list set 4 for the game as the game has done in the past?

Clarifying both of those questions above goes a long way in understanding why trophies are not able to be added to something that right now looks arbitrary and doesnt make sense based off information out there.

29. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Exactly, we hope it will all be fixed in time but focus on the bigger issue with the PS side first

• Like Like x 1
  30. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

[​IMG]
    DTG and Sony current Community Management.

• Like Like x 9
  31. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I mean I really don't see a problem here. I like collecting trophies too but once I have the platinum that's when I stop. The game already has the most trophies of any PlayStation game ever made so I think it's a good time to stop. The trophy requirements were always the same for every add on anyway.

Of course if they can find a solution to this problem than by all means I hope they can continue with trophies but I'm not going to lose sleep over it personally.

• Like Like x 2
  32. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I guess DTG will no see how many People only buy new DLCs only for Trophies of Achievements.

• Like Like x 3
  33. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I appreciate that some people won't miss them much or at all but for me, since I've got so much DLC and only really started on my profile properly on PS5 I'm using trophies to guide what to do. I'm not really sure how I'll keep focus without them!

One things for certain, I bet at lot less people will find all the collectibles with a trophy reward!

• Like Like x 2
  34. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Not a deal braker for me...i couldnt care less about PSN trophies tbh...

• Like Like x 1
  35. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I don't play games to get trophies so it doesn't bother me in the slightest

• Like Like x 1
  36. Willowrpe

I noticed on PSN profiles it only picks up 255 trophies (PS5 version) and only a few trophies of the southern 465 pack so it makes me wonder if how they added trophies could have been a problem ? maybe even a bug in TSW2 they cant fix so that is added to the pile of thousands of bugs then

I just feel that these issues can be sorted but they simply dont have enough people to do it as well as release new content as well at this point it would be easier to start work on a TSW3 built ground up to avoid some of these issues

I still think the issues are TSW2 and how it was designed I will be surprised if they can fix them, and atm they are swamped with bugs they cant fix

37. Observadorpt

Psnprofiles i think have problems with lists more than 255, 2 weeks ago 200 now its 255, i have to hide tsw 2 from trophies to be able to update my psnprofiles because of that limitation of psnprofiles, i dont know why they still doesnt have fixed it.

38. Willowrpe

yes I had to block the game so I could update PSN profiles so at least this issue is not TSW 2 which is good

39. phildenty

phildenty Member

I'm sort of gutted that the West Cornwall route and the DB107 won't have trophies, but on the bright side that we PS users don't have texture problems like the Xboxers

• Like Like x 2
  40. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

While I get those who say this latest PS related development is a non-issue as trophies do not dictate their gameplay, but to me this speaks of a larger issue (ignorance?) of the platform. These issues are not occurring in a vacuum, and the amount of let-downs associated to this game are starting to outpace what it has going for it.

• Like Like x 8
  41. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Will agree with you here. There have been a lot of things Sony has done in the past year that has been questionable in the long run on wanting more money or user friendly. I think this game has just compounded the number of issues out there.

42. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

The loss of trophies will not bother me personally one bit, although I realise that this may be an unpopular view. Along with XP or whatever they called them on Train Sim World, they hold no interest for me whatsoever. I have the game to immerse myself in driving trains, nothing more

• Like Like x 4
  43. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Maybe if this can't be resolved, DTG could move new "trophies" into Dovetail Live. Of course that service would require a significant overhaul and would need to work reliably, which in my experience it never has with often not tracking services etc.

You would think that the ability to activate the overlays for the rewards on PS5 would be a simple enough problem to resolve (presently just blank when you try to activate them) but no, it's still broken since the launch many weeks ago.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The only thing I find interesting about trophies is how they reveal player habits. For example, 0,2% of players have done this… Sometimes I’ve completed rare challenges just to see if I could change the decimal. :D

In that regard I’ll miss them, but at the end of the day they are just fluff external to the game itself.

45. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about them in general.

Given how in the past, trophies have failed to unlock when their requirements have been met, wouldn't this be a good thing? One less thing to go wrong. Just think, the time spent trying to fix them, can be better spend on fixing bugged routes.

• Like Like x 1
  46. wongraven1

wongraven1 New Member

Clearly I’m in the minority here but games and trophies have always gone hand in hand. I’ve really enjoyed playing TSW2, despite the seemingly never-ending issues. This is the ultimate deal-breaker for me. I always thought that trying to justify the cost would be the thing that ends further purchases. Didn’t expect it to be this.

• Like Like x 4
  47. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

100% this. I know it's only a small part of the whole experience, but trophies are an important part of it.
    I'm not sure how this issues raised and yes, many issues may be caused by the design of the PS5, but still I wonder why nobody was thinking of those major questions while in development of the PS5 version. I get the feeling that DTG expected everything will be fine anyway, which is obviously not the case.
    Anyway, this is a no buy for me or only on a real high discount (>50%).

• Like Like x 4
  48. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope DTG is doing everything possible to protest these Sony limitations and not just rolled over and taken it. What an absolute joke - except it’s not a joke. It’s not funny by any means.

Sony has effectively wrecked DTG’s way of doing business.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

They managed well enough without console users... They will survive without us, at this point, I'd rather they stop.

No more DLC should be released on any Sony console. The bugs, the fact I've had to delete over half my DLC on the PS5 version (whilst also having to check what I need to keep to get the most out of the new routes, which should be automatic IMO).

They need to stop and at least try to catch up, as developers I'll back them all the way in questioning and finding out why Sony have made these ass-backwards choices, but I can't help but feel more issues than what we know off, are based in the way the game was built.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm not cross. I'm just disappointed.

I too used trophies to shape the way I played, the order I completed tasks and as an incentive to complete more runs on routes I may otherwise have given up on. This needs fixing.

Think it may be a while before I buy any new routes.
    ---
    Edit to add: Yeah, quite an important part of the way I use – and have always used – my PS3/4/5...
    Screenshot_20211012-224844.png

• Like Like x 4