Crash After Latest Patch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by photonmonkey, Oct 13, 2021.

1. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

So I have installed the latest patch released today and thought I would try BML again, loaded up Victoria in timetable mode and after it finally loaded panned camera around, still really laggy and then crashed within seconds with CE-34878-0 error, on PS4 :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

The patch has literally done nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

Same Here. Now it is over for me. I will buy no DLC anymore. No fun only Problems on PS5

• Like Like x 3
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

This patch wasn't meant to fix all the London commuter bugs. I'm holding off on London Commuter

• Like Like x 1
  5. photonmonkey

:D
    from the official patch notes:

London Commuter
    • Made a variety of updates to optimise memory on London Commuter.

This should have achieved something?

Edit: maybe it was a placebo patch :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  6. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

English is not my native language but to my knowledge "a variety" does not mean the same as "all"

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

It made the BR 101 visible on the Dresden timetable, and it’s now possible to load the route without it crashing the game immediately. I guess that’s a bit of progress, but eventually it gave me another crash and error code after five minutes. :mad:

The new London route fixes don’t really change much. The audio balance issues are the main reason I’m not playing it, and none of that is mentioned in the patch notes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. photonmonkey

I didn’t say all should be fixed but ‘optimising memory’ would indicate to me an ‘attempt’ to fix crashing and the extremely poor frame rate that is being experienced.

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

To be fair, on PS5 the built up areas have a much more consistent FPS, along with a higher base FPS compared to pre patch, so they’ve definitely cleared something up.

I am still getting crashes though, but as before these are still mostly in scenarios, already had 2 scenario crashes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

After two fast crashes After the Patch. I deleted the London Brighton DLC an reinstalled it. Now there is no Crash in about 1 Hour. PS5

11. photonmonkey

Yeah, just started a second run from Victoria and no crash so far. I was just surprised after installing the patch that I got a crash before I started even moving. Glad that at least on PS5 people are seeing ‘some’ improvement, let’s hope further patches expand on this.

12. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

PS5 No Thank you DTG. I drove London Brighton. Stopped at Brighton, opened the Doors aaaaaaaannnnnd CRASH!!! One Hour for nothing

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Red light that won’t change at Victoria at around 1520 in game time. Whole area gridlocked. Trains departing but nothing is going into Victoria.

14. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Before patch brighton crashes on any scenario about 20 to 30 seconds after start, now after patch crashes 1 minute later. please make a patch that makes sony gives my money back for all dlc i have spent in tsw 2 core base included.

15. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Is that one of the first services in the journey? It was widely reported so thought that might have been a priority fix given that it's a service likely to be played early on by most. I ran it earlier but had read a post elsewhere with a workaround which is to save before you open the doors. Like you, it crashed as I opened the doors but I was able to reload the game, open the save and then opening the doors doesn't cause a crash and you are able to complete the service.

Nope, we shouldn't have to be saving the game before we take an action as a safeguard against crashing!

16. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Before the patch, the Quarry Line scenario caused a crash for me after about 20 seconds whilst activating the safety systems. After the patch today, I was able to complete this scenario. It may well have been a fluke though! I won't be attempting any others until I've read on here that people are managing to complete them. Service mode seems the safest at the moment.

17. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Sorry but go play something till next year maybe they will finally fix it…

18. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

Doyden : Journey: Kapitel 2. Last one London-Brighton.

2 nd try: i saved every 5 Miles. Result: at Hayward you geht a red light. And After 20 Minutes it is still red. Forget it.
    What Means it To me: i deleted it and installed an Older DLC. Now I know why the Limit of 64GB is a nice decision by sony.
    From Now on i am finished with TSW2.

19. notyetdead

notyetdead Member

Interesting, I ran from Victoria to Brighton on Gatwick Express a service I'd done before pre-patch and got all the way to a red light outside Brighton. Sat for about a minute and the game crashed. I wasn't even moving.... its the first service in the journey after the 387 training.

20. matthes#3212

matthes#3212 New Member

Journey. Kapitel 2 Last one