Br187=sounds Of 185

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KoeleKoen, Oct 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

This is the other thing though, whenever we get precarious sound issues, it’s been resolved 1 of 2 ways, the first is that we wait a year for a back end dev team to get round to fixing them, and that’s with DTG, Rivet don’t have such a team, and Skyhook likely don’t either.

The second way we see sounds get improved is when we get more purchasable DLC, the train is reused and ‘upgraded’, and that upgrade is usually not retrofitted to the previous version of the same unit, so the point in buying it in the first place is null.

There is a plethora of trains in TSW 2 that have good sounds, but not perfect sounds, and that’s absolutely fine, the issue comes when someone actively develops a new train, then reuses the wrong sounds, and in this case a broken sound set.

For me personally, the price I pay for a new loco DLC is for the development of said loco in its entirety, and while I certainly don’t expect a 1:1 replica of the thing, what I do expect is for me to have a realistic familiarity with said loco.

They literally could of used any other German loco sound set in the game, and they used the only one that remains in its broken, ported state.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

then at least rivet has released patches but that is not enough

3. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

But saying stuff like "thay should go too hell" cmon that is a bit much don't you think?!

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Oh no! Anyways, I'll save a bit of money...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Let's all tone it down in here a bit.

Voice your frustrations. We are reading what you are saying. But let's avoid taking things too far.

• Like Like x 7
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They destroyed the entire Loco and DLC with there lazy recycling, that’s why many people are mad and annoyed by Skyhook.
    Think about when they want used the Class 66 sounds for the Class 43 and you know the correct sounds very good

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

They’ve been working on TSW since GWE

• Like Like x 3
  8. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I strongly agree. The worst part? It's sad to see OUR hard earned money to fund more DLCs like this one, with literal recycled sounds. We expect and need quality. These trash DLCs spoil the already rotten image of TSW2. I completely lost hope in RIVET, I guess now its the same for.... SKYHOOK

• Like Like x 9
  9. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Dude, just dont buy it. Dont be that toxic dude.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  10. aglomarsale

Its like buying a Mercedes and a moth later they release a cheap, budget, rattly car. It ruins the imagine of the company. In this case, TSW is the Merc. And the cheap car is.... yep. you know it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. aglomarsale

Lol you're giving the same phrase literally used by anyone when they know the DLC is bad and people endlessly complain about it. Anyway, there's some of us who've looked forward to this DLC since it came on the roadmap like 10ish months back, only to find out that the sounds are utter.... not that good sounds that have been recycled.

• Like Like x 3
  12. doublefine7

So what? If people dont buy it, they will disband themself from it. But dont prohibit that, you are not in a position to demand that.

13. doublefine7

Dude, I am still excited for the 187. Yeah, the sounds are wrong. But that is nothing that cant be fixed or modded. So chill dude.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ferrovipathe67

rivet made a good DLC the island of wight was not bad the arosa is really a disaster but for once the next rivet DLC is really not bad on the screens but answer Friday

• Like Like x 2
  15. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for this loco since it first appeared on the roadmap, which is a long time, everyone knows how important sounds are to this community, seeing, or better, hearing the 187 in this state is just a slap to the face... They can't go "oh wait sounds matter in this game?" It's not new that we care about the sounds

• Like Like x 4
  16. aglomarsale

That's actually a good point. And since TSW has little to no real competition at the moment, it gives a clear advantage. We need more competition.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Okay, the sound is bad (I'm disappointed), but the modeling is very nice, inside and out. The cabin has many interactions, as well as the control screens. Let's not throw the BR 187 in the trash, but let's hope that a sound patch is integrated. To be continued ;)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Ben132465798

I'll wait for an official statement, if there is none coming or no info at all they'll play the "just stick with it", I'm not gonna buy it then.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Ferrovipathe67

I take another DLC the 187 is really a trash and frankly there are problems on this machine the engine compartment is just ugly and there are other problems like the brake problems frankly it's shameful to sell that to people

• Like Like x 2
  20. doublefine7

This. The sounds HAVE to be fixed, but they dont ruin the loco, at least not for me.

• Like Like x 2
  21. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

If they already reuse sounds, they could have at least taken the good sounds of the DRA 185.2.
    I have always bought all the DLC despite all the bad reviews so TSW 2 is complete, but as sorry as I am, I will not buy the 187 either.

Also, we have been waiting for a fix for the AC4400 for months, neither the rear height has been adjusted nor have the rear wheels been fixed. Do all the wheels on the 187 turn at all?

• Like Like x 2
  22. Ferrovipathe67

3D is good but unfortunately it's one of the only thing I like because the rest is not a traxx AC3 I was insulted with this traxx it's like DTG had put the sounds of a talent 2 on an ICE 3

• Like Like x 2
  23. Ben132465798

As much as I'd like new and good sounds, this would be better than what it's now

24. Ferrovipathe67

the problem is that the sounds are very important it lacks lots of detail like the PZB which rings when you unlock the train but this is really ok detail but I want correct sounds but also good texture the locomotive is good but it There are already problems that I saw and then in addition it is the sounds of the broken traxx which dates from 1 years frankly if it was that of NDR I would have said nothing

• Like Like x 2
  25. Ferrovipathe67

and I will instead take the 313

• Like Like x 1
  26. doublefine7

To be honest I wont fully judge the DLC just because someone saw a video and didnt even play it by him/herself. I buy it, test it and if I think it really sucks, I refund it. If not, well then I will have my fun with it.

27. Ferrovipathe67

unfortunately this is a real shame if you want to hear sounds from traxx 187 i give you sounds

28. JBViper

Let's wait for tonight's stream, maybe Sam will have an official communication from Skyhook / DTG. I admit that to resume a broken sound, it's a shame after the very good work done on the 185.5, 146.2, 143...

• Like Like x 2
  29. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

Just as a heads up (again): the sounds you showed would still be wrong for the DB BR 187, these are the correct ones:

• Like Like x 3
  30. xi haoyu china

xi haoyu china Active Member

31. xi haoyu china

32. bence950906

bence950906 Well-Known Member

Check out this video from 2018 Same locomotive but much better sound. I was expecting at least this level , and yes this is in the "old" train simulator.

• Like Like x 3
  33. xi haoyu china

Old game beter than new train simulator world 2. Very sad

• Like Like x 5
  34. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Tonight is Jamie on TS2022 with Workshop Wednesday - Sam's stream is tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  35. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Imo DTG are as much to blame as the 3rd party since DTG are the publisher and give it the green light, can they not say no?. The company needs to stop releasing quality that imo is a "that'll do" or "couldn't source the sounds so we recycled them" <if the appropriate sounds/physics/etc can't be obtained don't go ahead with the loco? I'm confused why either DTG or 3rd party would spend time planning a loco knowing they can't obtain something like sounds and think that it'll be acceptable to just reuse recycled ones. The train sim community is passionate and particular when it comes to routes and locos and its no secret. If this thread is true and nothing changes before release, imo DTG need to rethink what they're doing now and future DLCs. Its no good releasing a product that's half done (or less than) then trying to improve it months later and still not to an acceptable standard by the community.

• Like Like x 5
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Who make the TS Loco plus sounds?

• Like Like x 1
  37. JBViper

Yes, sorry i'm a day ahead :D

38. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I disagree that this is A DTG problem as well. Book publishers sometimes put out what I think is rubbish but some people are still happy to buy it. So long as the Author is clear I’m fine with anything being published. At the moment that means Rivet - No, Skyhook- Maybe, TSG - Yes. DTG themselves get a bit more leeway the latest releases haven’t been good, but the fixes do seem to be coming and I’m optimistic that Matt’s promotion is going to see changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. doublefine7

Ok so I accept that you might set me on fire but I watched the VOD of the 187 stream and well: I am fine with it. Sounds are average but the rest looks pretty solid.

40. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

I am not Sure if DTG or Skyhook will care but...

What the hell?????
    The sound of the loco is horrible!!!!
    Despite that main parts of the displays are recycled again and in some areas wrong, the most worriying part is the sound and this is a no go gentlemen!

• Like Like x 5
  41. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I hope no one is offended but I can't keep quiet. I have to say that this sound is a trash and shame on them as developers for releasing something with this lousy quality.
    Really, what is Skyhook's thinking? "Relax, it's another red locomotive... no one will notice"?
    I really wanted to buy this but in its current state I'm getting it for free and I don't want it.

• Like Like x 4
  42. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Its true though.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you or anyone.

If you don't like the product, don't buy it. Tell Skyhook/Rivet/Whoever not to go to hell (DB628 this one's for you), but give them constructive feedback (if you buy it), or (simply put) tell them "well it's poor, i'm not going to buy them unless it's fixed".

If someone walks up to the president/prime minister of a country shouting in their face they aren't going to listen to them. If they come peacefully they might (at least) listen. This parallels to here.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I do agree that people go too far, but I think we as a wider community know who those people are, and who are the ones that jump on the band wagon for the sake of it, and I’d say to a degree DTG know too.

The issue is however, when things don’t sell well, it’s been made clear that this can be taken the wrong way, ie; no interest in the product, where as what we need to do is make it loud and clear that the interest is there for certain products, but people won’t accept them in the given state, and thus threads like these need to exist, it’s just a shame that you get people who take it too far.

It’s really a pet peeve of mine that threads get locked on account of 1 or 2 people, as opposed to action being taken against them, rather than a group of people trying to discuss or debate (civilly) a topic.

Skyhook need to know that the 187 has been anticipated for a long time, and there is interest for it, but it’s going to be a non starter in its current state.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  45. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

That TS sounds are Music to the eyes and really accurate inside and outside

• Like Like x 3
  46. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Yeah that's rsslo's version, doesn't make anything for tsw 2 unfortunately

• Like Like x 2
  47. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘m afraid that is what it feels like to me.

We should all calm down a bit over here. People are quick to get their pitchforks out and forget basic human decency. That being said, the sounds are a major letdown from what I‘ve seen so far. I‘ll wait for Sam‘s stream to make sure, but if audio is staying the way it is now, I will probably stay away.

• Like Like x 5
  48. Ben132465798

Same. As I've written before, if there is no official statement from SHG or DTG, I'll stay away until one's coming. And if no one's coming at all,... Well, i saved a bit of money.

• Like Like x 3
  49. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

That's a pity. I was looking forward to it but as stated before for that price there needs to be more to it than reused sounds which make my dog go crazy when listening to them...
    As a customer I'd expect this in an arcade game and more or less happily pay the 1.99 for it but TSW is usually something different (and despite all moanings most of the time better).
    As I don't have any hopes this will get patched anytime at all considering the effort needed the 187 could easily be a no brainer... just not in the intended way...
    I made the mistake of buying the 204 once and even if Skyhook is not responsible for it I don't want to make the same mistake twice. :(

• Like Like x 6
  50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The PlayStation stream is already the Release version and not an early build

• Like Like x 1