Too Many Problems…

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really cannot fathom how TSW 2 has been allowed to get into the state it has gotten into. DTG is releasing more and more DLC (two tomorrow) whilst a plethora of issues remain outstanding across a lot of routes. Recently, new DLC has brought even more problems. If more and more DLC continues to be released, how can DTG ever hope to sort all the problems? It’s taking far too long. I have a feeling DTG is hoping we stop caring about some problems so they can just disappear. The company should be hitting pause on any further DLC until it has fully addressed the bulk of the issues that it has created in recent months before even more problems are introduced once more. I have lost all faith that DTG can do a fault free release. Even Cathcart Circle, which I highly praised has its problems - sound being too low in and outside the 314 and the near total darkness of the night lighting. I hate to even guess when this might even be looked at. Something has to be done about this. It cannot continue.

• Like Like x 30
  2. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Yes I agree I said this quite a few times. I believe they should stop releasing DLC until further notice until they fix everything they need to fix. The more DLC they release the more bugs that will stack onto the ones that already exist and then DTG is gonna have a hard time trying to Iron everything out. Yes money is important but if they lose customers where the money gonna come from? Am honestly concerned for the future of this game if they keep going like this.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I am afraid it most likely will continue.

The truth is unless the community get there own act together and hit DTG where it hurts them, which is their bank balance, they will just keep pushing out substandard content as they feel they can get away with it (this goes for rivet too)

You can tell this is the case as they always seem to be aware that their content isn't up to scratch as they acklowedge the issues. They then move on to their next piece of DLC with issues ieven more severe than the last content released

They then just deflect by puting out buzz phrases and hope that the storm passes.

Well they say they value our patience but I am now fresh out of that. Therefore access to my wallet has now been denied. I just hope enough of us do the same as I think it's the only way things will really change

• Like Like x 9
  4. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

You are right but they realy cares about players or they care about money? well anyone see what they really care. Happens with tsw 2020 and now Tsw 2.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I mean, after one year DTG has now abandoned bug fixes on old routes all together. From the very beginning the preservation crew had no chance of catching up, and now with the shift of the preservation crew towards implementing "features" (such as PIS, level crossings, ...) on old routes, bug fixing has ended. While it seems like the core team is now looking at routes immediately after release to do fixes, they have not been able to cover everything so far, and will probably not do that in the long run either. I am really curious to see where it is going and hope for the best, but if the current situation is an indication for the future, I can't be very optimistic :(

• Like Like x 5
  6. ace

ace Member

And I watched the 1938 Train stock video and that gave me pause too. I think DLC should be released as close to 100% as possible. When the community is correcting issues in the live chat it does make me wonder....

• Like Like x 3
  7. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

Simple reply from me I just couldn't agree more i don't think things will ever be sorted fully until people stop buying the DLC which never going just look at the response of people who can't wait for the 313 dtg are still getting the money rolling in so they can promise things but it never quite happens they they fix things but do they really

• Like Like x 2
  8. SubwayRailfanner

Am not the type to bash a gaming company but I been frustrated as it is with the game for the last few months. They really need to change how they work. Especially when it comes to routes. They need stop doing routes that are way back in time and stop doing mostly one country. They need to balance it out. Then when they release routes they don't give it content or anything after a few years go by. For example LIRR etc... I think am getting the cornwall route, the DB 187 and maybe the 313 then am stopping right there.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Too many posts….about too many problems :D

matjamca I agree with everyone you have said here. It’s just not enjoyable any more.

Imagine the sales of the tube stock will be the lowest ever same for the other German local, actually forgotten the number, 187? Isn’t that police radio code for homicide? Because they are killing this game one patch/DLC at a time.

everyone is just fed up beyond belief :(

• Like Like x 5
  10. SubwayRailfanner

Lol I meant DB 187. But I hope they look at this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hehe I’ll be honest I didn’t see what number you had put, but it’s changed now? :) What did you have down out of interest?

• Like Like x 1
  12. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.. Blaring issues take months to fix, sometimes never get fixed, it's all about pumping out dlc.. The 187 debacle is the final straw for me, gonna step out for a few months, playing some far cry 6 instead and maybe pop back in some time to see if they got their act together, a real shame, i've really tried to love tsw 2,i don't hate the game nor do i hate dtg, i just hate the way things are going now, let's hope they turn this around.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SubwayRailfanner

It's understandable I don't think nobody here hate them or the game. I love the game a lot if not I wouldn't be showing my concerns and frustration. I think we just don't like how they are handling things and issues that still exist in the game which is making the game not fun. Then when a issue pops up we gotta wait 1-2 weeks for a patch then repeat. Let's just hope they don't do another rush hour again lol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. SubwayRailfanner

What you mean?

• Like Like x 1
  15. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Agree with the OP. I don’t know how they have the front to release anything with all of the problems that have yet to be fixed

• Like Like x 4
  16. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Agreed. When the first Rush Hour route came out, I was impressed by the number of trains and the increase in route quality. Same for Nahverkehr Dresden - until the crashes, the weird top-and-tail S-Bahn trains and the strange "duplicated" 143 and 185 locos in the menus appeared. With London Commuter, I was disappointed already prior to release, when I learned that none of my other DLC would sub in here (PS4). Still, I enjoyed the route until I experienced both the intermittend sound problems and the "traffic jam" occurred to me (I could not believe what I saw when I decided to have a look on the map). Lots of problems at many different levels.

Normally, I would have bought the BR 187 right away, but after seeing a video and listening to sound that is just plain wrong, I don't know whether that would make sense to me.

Sorry for the rant, but TSW2 is still my favourite game and I would like to like it even more.

• Like Like x 6
  17. leewood83

leewood83 Member

It's not good to say the least i got a crash on the 2I09 Epsom to Victoria route on PS5 before I even turned the master key on.

Don't know whether to just give up on the next gen one and go back to the PS4 version upscaled on PS5 or just leave the game completely for a considerable amount of time.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SubwayRailfanner

Is there a video of the DB 187 out now ? No need to apologize we are in the same boat with this. We are all frustrated. I almost lost brain cells when rush hour came out and lost all access to DLCs for 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  19. SubwayRailfanner

I think the PS5 needs time to get worked on. They are still learning how everything works on next gen. I was desperate to get a PS5 to play TSW but there's no profile transfer and still issues including the 60 GB memory cap for add ons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. li150special

There is a video an Australian youtuber made after the launch at midnight.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SubwayRailfanner

I don't know about you but it sounds like they reused the sounds or are they supposed too sound like that?

22. li150special

Well, I'm not 100% sure but the real 187 has a distinctive "musical" pattern that is different from that of the 185. There are fewer tones and the intervals are bigger (this may sound like real anorak stuff but the difference is very obvious listening to both locos). So, yes, I think they may have reused existing 185 sounds. Cannot say anything about the physics, but smart and efficient people could argue that the power output of both locos is identical, so why not take the same physics model? I'm not saying that this is the case, but if it were then the 187 would basically be a 185 reskin with some scenarios.

185:

187:

23. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

true, it did not happen overnight I believe its how DTG operate (and also how TSW was designed) just releasing content not ready for release and not fixing the bugs and with each dlc they gain more and more bugs, I fear TSW2 will eventually fall over. They need to freeze all new DLC and spend a lot of time bug fixing to see if they can fix things, and put in place a much more robust QA, maybe even hiring some of the people who release stuff for TS 20xx as they are good at fixing broken content in that title that DTG are unable to

• Like Like x 3
  24. SubwayRailfanner

O
    I just compared the two with the one in game. It's definitely reused.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Just Saw the 187 video irl...is Just a shame that they reused the sounds...It would be epic because It has a music tone to it...would be really unique...

• Like Like x 1
  26. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Back in time, maybe a year ago i said this with a poll, some guys came at me that i asking stupid thing, now more clients i see that they want from Dovetail to stop release new addons and fix all the issues around, its funny that they release a route and its lagging on the start..its just shame for them..

• Like Like x 3
  27. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed that on Dresden the car traffic is again on the wrong side of the road? Wasn't this fixed before release?

• Like Like x 2
  28. SubwayRailfanner

Well see things like this makes the game not fun. I was on London Commuter and it just randomly crashed it even made my PS4 freeze. Not even 5 mins in game.

• Like Like x 3
  29. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Honestly, this same thread has been posted every week for the past two years ... Just stop buying it. Every release is underwhelming and filled with bugs, how many times do you have to get burned before you just. stop. buying?

• Like Like x 4
  30. gaetanoavino2

gaetanoavino2 Member

31. Patrick Kolinski

You right…we must stop support that funny thing, i started to play another games on my PS just to take is easy…

• Like Like x 1
  32. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Wow, man, seeing that the BR 187 has got the complete wrong sounds on it really makes me mad. It's literally a 185 re-skinned! :mad: And knowing that it has been created by Skyhook, the same creators of Cane Creek, it most likely will never be fixed.

So vastly disappointed, the 187 was the one I was really looking forward to... I for one, will NOT be buying it, unless the sounds are fixed and sound as they should- even then I'll wait for a sale.. :|

• Like Like x 5
  33. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Really skyhook smh?

• Like Like x 1
  34. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I will not be purchasing anymore dlc until DTG pull their finger out and resolve even the most basic of bugs. I genuinely think they do not care. DTG have stuck two fingers up at us players, and will continue to do so.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

As far as i know they have some ex EA within DTG now...

• Like Like x 1
  36. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I am afraid that tomorrow with the DB BR 187, one of DTG staffer will probably say "if you don't like it, don't buy it". Just like the backlash with Hauptstrecke Hamburg - Lübeck with the wrong size of the headlights on the DB BR 112 and wrong Dostos. DTG knew the backlash was coming and was aware of the inaccuracies beforehand. What did Nat said to someone during the preview livestream regarding the wrong headlight that was a deal breaker? "...if that is genuinely how you feel about it, that probably best um maybe save your money for a DLC that you might enjoy more. There's no point buying something if you don't think you're going to like it" (61:11 - 61:23).

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Railfan1985

Birita You were quick to quote me lol. I posted and quickly edited the post thinking it was a tad too far. Maybe not lol

• Like Like x 1
  38. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Just facts...

• Like Like x 1
  39. Railfan1985

Birita at this point I'm thinking even EA couldn't screw up so badly

• Like Like x 1
  40. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

This is the last time I’m buying from these incompetent people of Skyhook they didn’t put the right enginesound on the 187, they put the one from the 185.5 they should be ashamed to rob us like that

• Like Like x 2
  41. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I mean you got to learn at some point...

• Like Like x 2
  42. Railfan1985

Not DTG it would seem lol

• Like Like x 2
  43. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

TSW is marketed as the evolution of train simulation. Not in the current state its is now! No wonder so many people are quitting!

• Like Like x 4
  44. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Has there ever been a route that was released in the same state as London Commuter? I'm no coder but it feels like it can take months before the rush hour routes will be fixed. I hope DTG realises they will need to fix it if they ever want to release TSW3. If these Rush Hour routes would have gone out smoothly I would have been a day 1 buyer of TSW3. With fixing I also mean polishing.

DTG should be focussing on a win back everyone release. No new routes, no new loco's. No new anything. Put all the DLC pre 2021 on sale to keep generating some sales. Go dark for a few months and bring the entire collection on the same level. Do some marketing like Rush hour but don't add new gameplay that complicates everything again like the passengers did and release the remastered patch for free. People will complain that a few weeks after that you will announce TSW3 but least they won't be expecting an even buggier reskin of the game they already have.

• Like Like x 4
  45. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Sims 4 ?

46. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

fed up too ! I have taken my PS4 off-line after another 5GB patch for version 1.48. I dont know the reason for the patch and i am not interested anymore. I like trains, i like the routes which i have so far and enjoy them. However there is a bad taste as for now TSW2 is more or less a dead piece of software on my PS4 with no future. I will refrain from buying any DLC anymore. Obviously there is enough revenue from "walk-in-customers" wheras regular customers are not needed. Flightsim has still my attention for over 10 years now (and many $$$$), which TSW will not achieve. From what i can see in the roadmoap, there is only more of the same. So 1.48 will be my final version , and may get only older routes when on sale.
    On top, i feel a considerable amout of ignorance, when it comes to fixing the most obvious problems. Recommendations to improve tansparency remain unheard. Too bad.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Patrick Kolinski

Totally agree, never again....i will play some fifa better...

• Like Like x 1
  48. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Mat_Jam_Ca when did the underscores creep in? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  49. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I am totally copyrighting the underscores right now!

• Like Like x 4
  50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Ha ha. I noticed a few times on the streams when being referred to, people were struggling a bit how to pronounce the username, so I’ve modified it a bit to hopefully help.

• Like Like x 1