Playstation Trophies A Poll On Feeling About Them

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Oct 13, 2021.

?
  1. 0% - 10%

25.5%
  2. 10 - 30%

12.4%
  3. 30 - 60%

19.7%
  4. 60 - 90%

12.4%
  5. 90 - 100%

29.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Personally I don't need a fish every time I perform a good trick or achieve something, though I understand those that do (mentalists though they are!! ;)).
    For me just to have a working game would be worth any amount of trophy's.

• Like Like x 3
  2. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Some of the games had trophies built into the game as well so you you didnt have to go back to the Playstation home screen to look at what you have. This could bring up a couple of interesting possibilities as a solution to the no trophy issue on playstation

Instead of trophy that pop as you in the playstation store, maybe build an internal trophy system. This would solve my dilemma of when am I actually complete with a route and still allow ways for Dovetail to tease out the awesomeness in the game or things to check out. The beautiful part of it is they already have something in place with this with the mastery rewards. Later down the road when Sony fixes the issue, there is probably a way with the mastery rewards to automatically back log the trophies you have achieved.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Cool idea morph , I approve, how did you vote btw? (Aslong as you feel comfortable sharing this)

4. morph147

morph147 Active Member

I voted the 90-100 % range. For me the trophy system allows me a way to know when I have seen everything I am probably going to see in a game that may be unique or something secret. So it encourages me to go deeper, especially games that I enjoy. This is why the no trophys in the game hurts a lot more for me because I never know how deep I should go.

I am thinking in a bit I may create a new thread to lay out this idea and kind of workshop it a bit. I think its a cool idea if done right and really could target some of the things that dovetail has mentioned about wanting to expand out the mastery reward system.

5. Skyz2020

Cheers for the input gilly, out of interest where is your profile pic from?, seems an interesting design

6. Skyz2020

Do you think it would stop you buying dlc? Given you are in the highest range on the poll

7. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

If we get money instead of trophies I change my stance on the matter. Yes you were all right I can't live without trophies. Now where do I cash that cheque? :D

8. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

It's on my the whole of my back!
    The design's taken from an artist I found who draws the most fantastic war painting incorporating the guardian angel girls.

9. morph147

morph147 Active Member

At this time with all of the issues plus having several routes that I havent played yet, I have chosen to stop buying dlc until the issues have been sorted out between DTG and Sony as well as DTG fixes the bugs on the routes that cause game breaking crashes.

Edit: Should also add there are other games out there that are competing with my time so things like the above issues are really turning me off on spending money on TSW and making me go other places and then maybe come back later. There was one game I played almost exclusively for 2-3 hours a night for almost 4 years until issues popped up to the point I couldn't ignore it anymore and moved on so I do dive deep into games that I truly enjoy.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

I enjoy getting trophies and I am not too annoyed about not being able to receiving them in future dlc until the Sony thing is changed. I am trying to platinum tsw 2 and you only need to collect the base game trophies to obtain it so in that respect I am not that disappointed about the temporary non trophies for future dlc.

If the platinum trophy was locked behind all able trophy (including those in all DLC) I would be sad about it.

I know they'll probably return in a future update until then on the PS5 I have another 320 trophies to obtain before I run out of trophies to get but by then the issue maybe resolved! Haha

• Like Like x 2
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

That's a potentially simple solution, as long as they can be changed retrospectively.

Because the Platinum is only triggered by the core game, it wouldn't really hurt to bundle in, as you say, the 31 and 20 with TVL, the 465 with SEHS, the 182 with RT, 52 & 33 with WSR, freeing up a huge amount of extra slots (I count 15 up to the 38 stock, potential savings on 313, 187 too) within the 50 sub-trophy limit (if that's what/where the limit is). We know the wording and triggers can be updated because they did it with the TSW2020 route changes, but would they be allowed to reorganise the trophies into different groups and remove the loco groups entirely? Is it possible to add more logo trophies to a set once they're defined for a route (some locos, like the M3 come out well after a route)? And if it is allowed, would they be able to do it without screwing up the ones that had already been collected?

• Like Like x 2
  12. morph147

morph147 Active Member

13. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Problem with this poll is not just Playstation players can take it. I have a feeling others will skew the vote so it gives no real indication one way or another to be used for any factual data collection

• Like Like x 3
  14. Skyz2020

Point taken tin tin, however as Nat has said they are watching the comments section more closely than the poll result. Bit harsh if the xbox boys and girls are skewing, however I'd doubt they are on mass (this is the PS forum afterall)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Very pissed of. Everything comes out bit after bit, too much Addons, too much trophies, whats next?

And on topic, for me, trophies are a great factor by playing a game. I'm not a hardcore trophyhunter who collects platinums everyday, but I won't spent my money for no trophies, so Rush Hour seems to be my last addon.

• Like Like x 5
  16. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

Sony occasionally emails people that get platinums on their own games with codes for avatars, I remember getting one for Spider-man though a couple of months later, platinums in other games don't reward anything.

As to the topic, I don't specifically go for trophies, but in this game they give you something to work towards. I would be unlikely to buy anymore dlc as as much as I like driving trains, I am not working towards anything.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Skyz2020

Thanks for the note kappi, as DTG Natster said earlier they are watching the comment section with interest, I would think by now the ringer on the till is showing money walking out the door, hopefully this is translating into what this means longer term.

As a 10% guy for excitement on the trophy front it does concern me that the like of yourself, factor41 and others are downing tools. After all the tsw2 model is not sustainable without dlc purchase, its all downhill from here unless the issue is addressed (for example the below steps could end up happening)

1:
    people don't buy the dlcs (or at least not as much),
    2:
    dtg stop producing content,
    3:
    dtg let their dev staff go bit by bit,
    4:
    less and less people buy the base game,
    5:
    the preserved crew get let go in bits and pieces (pointless crew if points 1 and 4 happen),
    6:
    The community team is cut to save costs on keeping a forum going (like this) where the interest is gone.

From my perspective if we take at face value what some (even myself) would call a small detail slip (like removing trophy content) it would seem the ship (DTG) is in trouble especially if you combine that with ps5 dlc limit, xbox textures, crashes on all rush hour routes, removed layers ps4 etc.

I hope DTG turn this around, tsw2 is a game I very much enjoy, I hope they are able to turn the tide.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skyz2020

heres hoping the community team is hearing you loud and clear jon

Which percentage did you vote for out of interest (if you don't mind sharing?)

19. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

The 90%-100% band

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. Skyz2020

Hence the strength of feeling, thank you jon

• Like Like x 1
  21. dr4w4t

dr4w4t Member

I remember the first PS3 games had no trophies and then Sony forced every games developer to put trophies in their PS3 games, because XBOX360 had them and the cool kids liked it, so PS3 need them too. They said every playstation game has to have trophies from now on. GTA 4 had to patch in trophies afterwards. So be it! Every DLC is like a game itself, therefore it has to have trophies IMHO. Maybe it is the way to release future routes as seperate games.

voted 90 - 100

• Like Like x 6
  22. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

It sad to say that a friend of mine wanted to buy TSW2 and in all honesty had to say don't bother at this moment, that you might have to wait several months before you even get any enjoyment out of it. DTG sems in the worst state ever and for now I wouldn't recommend it to any new PS player.

• Like Like x 7
  23. Skyz2020

Thank you for this dr4

24. Skyz2020

This is a shame, but I feel also represents a significant section of the player base finds itself "would not recommend"

25. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I would have no problem with the release schedule of the dlc if the content was not broken they just need to make sure what they release is tested properly and not full of bugs and crashes, yes some bugs will always be in games and software just not to the extent we have seen

I really hope DTG can turn it around

• Like Like x 4
  26. Skyz2020

Here's hoping willow :)

27. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm going to bring my 2p over from Xbox here:

Personally I've always found Achievements (or Trophies to PS users) a nice little incentive to add on to the experience of a game. Something to aim for - a little challenge. And as said previously in this thread, it's a key part of gaming on consoles.

I do kind of feel for the PS users in a way, that little thing to aim for is gone, that satisfaction of completing a small challenge, gone (tbf TSW's aren't the hardest things ever).

Let's be honest though, Sony probably didn't ever think a game with so many trophies would ever show up.

Who knows, maybe TSW2 will revolutionise PlayStation, forcing DLC caps to be removed - and an infinite number of trophies per game. ;)

But anyway, TL;DR: I hope this is sorted for the PS users, going on a little 'quest' for an achievement/trophy is always a nice thing to do.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Mayerling

Mayerling Member

I'm going to really, really miss trophies. This game is huge and it's just getting bigger. In a game that causes analysis paralysis it's so helpful to have something like trophies as a road map to make goals and grind towards progress. The Services aren't varied enough to drive interest for me on their own. Now the game will be so big and so aimless that there won't be anything to keep me playing it, and thus I won't invest in any further content either.

Trophies drive interest in a game. No one buys a game for the trophies, but they will definitely stop playing it if there's nothing to work towards. Keeping people playing is how this game makes money. It's a poor business decision to stop supporting trophies.

• Like Like x 10
  29. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I voted 30-60% because although I won't buy a ps5 game if the base game has zero trophies, but it's mixed for tsw2.

Until this issue is solved and all dlc gets trophies, I'll be limiting my purchases to routes and locos I really want. So I'll be skipping the 1938 stock. (I wasn't going to get the 187 as freight isn't my thing I've discovered). But I will get the Cornwall route as I've been waiting for a sprinter since tsw came on xbox lol.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Skyz2020

Thank you mayerling, it is becoming clear dtg will be losing significant revenue over this issue. I hope they turn it around

31. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

I'm a trophy hunter, it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Once I open a new route or locomotive, I check the trophies to see what things I need to do to get 100%, and I put all focus on that before doing anything else.
    It would be like telling athletes for the next Olympics that there won't be trophies anymore.
    I am surprised that a new console does not have the capacity to do too many trophies, that's a playstation fail right there.
    Disappointing, cause I was looking forward to the new DLC which I am unable to purchase now. Not just because there are no trophies but because PS5 is not capable of handling all the DLC I currently own now. Anymore DLC I purchase now is unplayable. :(

I know it's mostly Sony at fault, obviously DTG made the game in such a way that Sony didn't expect. Most companies release a full package and let you buy the DLC which is like a 1MB file to unlock the DLC. This would mean my TSW2 update would have all future DLC updated and installed in the main package, but that is fine.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Skyz2020

Hey digi thanks for the input. As a trophy hunter how many tsw2 dlc do you have out of interest? (This will help give dtg the scale of the loss for you as a customer)

• Like Like x 1
  33. Skyz2020

Thank you fallen angel, how many dlc do you currently own and if they don't resolve the issue how many £s or dlc items do you think dtg will lose from you personally?

34. jon_mann

jon_mann Member

I believe Matt mentioned this on a livestream, it would mean that the main install would be getting nearer to 100gb and ever increase as new dlc was released and they didn't want people to have download such a big file if they ever had to reinstall it and you could install which dlc you wanted, but they were looking at it IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
  35. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Own all DLC and I wanted to purchase the new DB Br187 and 1938 stock but don’t want to delete any more, therefore will be holding off purchasing

• Like Like x 1
  36. Skyz2020

Quite a loss then you are £100s deep into this game and would have spent £100s more, DTG JD and Co I hope you are taking note, money is walking out the door with every day this is not resolved...(trophy and ps5 dlc issue)

• Like Like x 1
  37. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, although Olympic athletes don’t get trophies, they get medals. Unfortunately this year they had to present them to themselves thanks to Covid 19 !

38. dr4w4t

dr4w4t Member

I don't get why it is such a big deal for Sony to modify their OS or database or whatsoever to allow more trophies. Is this like some Nasa rocket science thing to do this? The same is with the DLC limit, what is the problem? I'm very curious to know, really! DTG should ask Sony for an explanation (if not done allready) and then should inform us. When i know why then i would have a better understanding.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  39. Skyz2020

I wonder if this will be covered in next week's revised QA stream (replaces roadmap according to Sam over on another thread)

40. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Still no response from a tweet I sent to Sony.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Skyz2020

42% of voters are above 60% and the comments,... well the comments speak for themselves.

Please close this one up DTG Natster or DTG JD hopefully you have everything you need to take this upstairs with the haste it requires.

Cheers for the votes and comments everyone, very interesting to hear from you all

• Like Like x 2
  42. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I don't think they will reply I have sent them messages as well on twitter

• Like Like x 1
  43. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I own all but cane Creek, the switcher for peninsula corridor, db 187 and br 155.

They'll lose about 10-15% of revenue on console. I don't think PC users will be as bothered. I may be wrong though

• Like Like x 2
  44. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Closed at OP's request.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.