Fed Up With Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by smugstarlord#4202, Oct 13, 2021.

1. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

After the latest playstation news from DTG surely enough is enough.
    No other platform has been shafted as much as playstation.
    No profile transfers, paid dlc not showing up, paid dlc crashing, having to remove dlc to play certain add ons, layers missing on recent releases despite this not being said when rush hour was announced and now no more trophy support.
    Anything else you want to shaft us with DTG? And before anyone says, this is a Sony issue, it's not.
    For instance, several weeks ago, we were told on stream we CANNOT transfer over our ps profiles in the update. So weeks later, why is it being announced that your looking Into it and its possible?
    I'm sick and tired of feeling alienated and a cash cow.
    Sort it out

• Like Like x 9
  2. james.caton

james.caton Member

And on top of that above I've recently lost access to Dresden, everytime I load a service it crashes on startup. I purchased the 101 a few days ago, i bet that has broken the route and probably never be fixed.

I'm on ps5

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Why do you think the DB101 problem will never be fixed?

They mentioned only yesterday that they are working on it and it could be in a patch today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. smugstarlord#4202

The point is they're releasing broken paid content. When you buy dlc you have the expectation it will work, otherwise its not for for sale. DTG have failed on every dlc release so far since cane creek. Every dlc release has been either unfinished, broken, crashes or even more embarrassing, releasing a pre build instead of the main build for London commuter

• Like Like x 1
  5. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

As per dtg there could be a fix today with the point being there could be I'm fed up of hearing it were still no closer for fix for DLC on ps5 that days it all

• Like Like x 1
  6. james.caton

james.caton Member

So there could be a patch today, nothing definite. I bet you won't see it until next Tuesday or the Tuesday after.

7. smugstarlord#4202

That and Sam spilling the broken record lines of "we know it's not good enough" and "we are fixing it"

• Like Like x 4
  8. Tigert1966

What’s that got to do with my question? I was asking the person previous to my post, why they thought it would never be fixed.

Of course it shouldn’t be released in this state, but they are communicating about fixes and the one they mentioned was talked about as potentially coming today.

I was just pointing out that the specific fix he mentioned might be very soon.

It affects me as well. If you have the problem with the 101, and want to stop Riesa Dresden crashing, remove the 101. Not ideal, but you can at least Play the route.

9. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Add “we know it’s not ideal” to the bingo card

• Like Like x 8
  10. smugstarlord#4202

Ooo forgot that one:D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tigert1966

There is a patch now. I just tested the 101 and it seems ok. Hope it works for you as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Here are the notes with today's patch. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-update-notes-13-10-2021.46997/

As for transferring profiles from PS4 to PS5, this is something we have continued to investigate. However when we first talked to the community about it, the issue seemed lengthy and potentially unachievable.

I will try to avoid giving you another dab on your bingo cards, but we do understand why the community are feeling particularly frustrated at the moment. The community team are making sure you are being heard internally.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

Game still crashing after the patch. Has fixed nothing of importance…..

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

And 'Thank you for your patience'
    That's getting a lot of use at the minute!

• Like Like x 5
  15. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

DTG Natster Thanks for the feedback, is there any prediction of correcting the locos sounds in LBN? I believe the silence inside the cabin is the most frustrating? How difficult is it to fix this flaw?

16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And all of those are due to SONY, not DTG. Address your complaints to Tokyo, not Chatham.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox here , but I feel sorry for all the PlayStation players who’s games have been ruined . I might not play myself until dtg sort out the issues for all of you , because what is going on isn’t acceptable

• Like Like x 5
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Refer back to my post above. This is almost entirely due to Sony's absurd policies; nothing which DTG is in any position to correct.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Tigert1966

It’s frustrating and I don’t understand Sony at all. But in my opinion it’s not worth getting upset about.

After todays fix, I’ve spent a nice couple of hours driving the DB 101 up and down and ultimately I can still drive trains.

The 64gb is a pain. But DTG will find a way to make it work. Lack of trophies is just an irritation. For me it’s not important.

It’s a train game, you can still drive trains. I’m going to continue enjoying that and hope A fix comes soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The feedback has to go through DTG in order to reach Sony with any impact. I don’t understand why there’s so much fuss about placing blame between DTG or Sony. At the end of the day these are TSW issues and this is the official TSW forum.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m wondering if the DLC issue on PS5 is causing the issues with London Commuter crashing. If some files have been restricted, that might explain things. Has anyone just got London Commuter and the layers DLC installed. If so, how is London Commuter working?

22. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

I Have all dlcs and with all dlcs needed to have all layers on BML. BML to me like i have said in other posts crash my game 1m after i start a scenario. A cannot play BML, so i have desisntalled BML.

23. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Weirdly, I did exactly this 2 days ago and it still crashed outside Croydon so I reinstalled all other routes (up to 64gb)

yesterday I ran BML for 8 hours straight with no stutter or crash and with many different services along the whole line

I am frankly bemused by how and why we are getting crashes!

• Like Like x 3
  24. box215

box215 Active Member

Because 3 of the biggest issues, no profile transfer, trophy limits and DLC not showing up are 100% to do with Sony and their policies

No idea why they'd implement a 64GB limit for DLC. There's no cap on PS4. How is this even fathomable for a "next generation" console?

A trophy limit? Why? How is having a limit to trophies in anyway beneficial?

Why they werent forward thinking enough to implement a universal upgrade method between PS4 and PS5 games, seeing as were so reliant on cloud saves these day. I mean, Microsoft was literally using Smart Delivery as a main selling point for next gen Xbox consoles

Why do you think none of these problems affect Xbox players? yeah, we have our own issues (texture glitches, sound looping) but it's nothing to do with stupid policies put forth by Microsoft

Best of all, Sony hasnt explained, AT ALL, why the stupid limits exists for trophies and DLC in the first place. Complete silence. But people are still laying the blame at DTG's feet and that's really not fair. You should be grateful they're trying to find work arounds to amounts to Sony doing their best to screw their players.

What would be the easiest solution to these issues? For Sony to remove the stupid limitations. Or, at least, communicate why they exist and work with DTG to find solutions.

Blame DTG for things they have control over - low fps on PS5, there's a livery glitch, things of that nature

• Like Like x 6
  25. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Sony think TSW2 is more trouble than it's worth and they want rid of it. We're a very small percentage of their player base, they probably aren't bothered about upsetting us. It would be a massive hit to Dovetail though, losing something like a third of their customers.

• Like Like x 1
  26. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

That wouldn’t explain why it’s crashing on both Xbox consoles and PC.

27. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Not forgetting "This is not where we'd want to be", a line that sounds like someone removing a blindfold to discover they had accidentally wandered into a lion's den.

• Like Like x 6
  28. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

You're very definitive there. I take it you have a development kit with the associated documentation and have verified these limitations?

• Like Like x 3
  29. smugstarlord#4202

No my issue is with DTG otherwise I wojld complain to Sony.
    As a company, DTG would of known about the hardware they're making content for. If they didn't, that's just poor business.
    They also constantly release dlc without fixing previous dlc.
    They also say 1 thing and change they're minds the next.

May I ask, are you on playstation?

• Like Like x 1
  30. smugstarlord#4202

Further more, as someone who used to do QA testing and compliance testing for xbox hardware, I know for a fact, the issues we experience WOULD of been found

• Like Like x 1
  31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Certainly on PC the issue seems to be more programmatic rather than endemic. The reports I've seen all have triggers (such as the passenger load in Brighton on the first journey) rather than them being memory holes or whatever

All the limitations quoted by solicitr were put in place by Sony in recent updates... according to DTG. Given Sony haven't slapped a cease and desist order on DTG I would say this is likely to be true. DTG have zero control over how Sony manage their ecosystem, only Sony do

The issues mentioned are not hardware restrictions, they're OS restrictions implemented in the last few months, so "knowing the hardware" isn't relevant

32. smugstarlord#4202

Surely the whole point of raising issues is to make DTG aware, not start debating with other forum users who act like they have all the answers.

• Like Like x 4
  33. ARuscoe

Then submit a ticket rather than posting to their public forum.

34. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It’s his thing. Don’t let him wind you up

• Like Like x 1
  35. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Oh, a legal expert as well as a software engineer. Us lesser mortals all bow to your superior knowledge. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  36. ARuscoe

Not legal expert, but aware of how companies operate (and Matt himself said they've had plane companies "knock on the door" with regards to plane shapes, and you only have to look to Red Bull or Hugo Boss slapping cease and desist orders all over the place). I'm sure Sony wouldn't want one of their customers giving false information on their practices on YouTube...

But software engineer? A bit, more technical support and network engineering... but it's blatantly obvious when there's a specific result to a repeatable action such as on Brighton's platforms

Anyway, are you just going to poke holes or make constructive comments?

37. smugstarlord#4202

Or I how about I choose what I want to do and how I raise it without consulting a complete nobody

• Like Like x 2
  38. smugstarlord#4202

Thank god its not just me then lol

• Like Like x 2
  39. ARuscoe

So how about I comment on what I wish as per the terms and conditions of the forum rather than being told what to do by "a complete nobody"?

• Like Like x 2
  40. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

"It's all Sony's fault" isn't a constructive comment, and there's a myriad of reasons Sony wouldn't have "chapped on DTG's door", including being blissfully unaware of anything DTG have said.

• Like Like x 1
  41. smugstarlord#4202

Depends if you comments are constructive or downright billigerant. If I want to make a complaint or raise points/issues, I will do so as that is what a forum is for no? It doesn't give you the right to put down someone's point of view and be militant about it.

• Like Like x 1
  42. ARuscoe

That's not what was said, the user specified which issues had been caused by sony recently (often without telling anyone) including the DLC sixze cap, award limits and so on.

The rest of the issues (crashing, bugs, Reigate, FPS drops, incorrect lighting, Reigate, Missing lighting clusters, switches which don't work, Reigate and so much more) are all on DTG's doorstep and people (quite rightly) will point them out ad nauseum until someone pays attention... Unfortunately due to the DTG policy of throwing out DLC until their arm hurts we won't see too much improvement on those issues

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

I didn't "put down your point of view", I stated that the issues that were being commented on weren't in relation to hardware, but were OS changes made by Sony.
    Complain all you want to DTG about those, they have no influence over them bar the channels they've already stated they're working on.
    By all means see my comment above to Forteanjo about the issues DTG do actually cause (and they're numerous)

44. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

"And all of those are due to SONY, not DTG. Address your complaints to Tokyo, not Chatham."

I'm sorry, I don't see how that sentence can be interpreted in any other way.

45. ARuscoe

"All of THOSE" and the "those" in question were quoted from the OP, in this case "No profile transfers, paid dlc not showing up, paid dlc crashing, having to remove dlc to play certain add ons, layers missing on recent releases despite this not being said when rush hour was announced and now no more trophy support."

***EDIT*** the Paid DLC crashing IS DTG's fault for the most part, as stated in my previous responses

• Like Like x 1
  46. smugstarlord#4202

The profile transfer is DTG when they initially said before the core update that it couldn't be done, yet weeks later, they've potentially found away and it can magically be done. That's a DTG issue, not a Sony one. The trophy limit is 1000, not 350ish that it is for TSW2 as it is. That's a DTG issue. Paid dlc being buggy, releasing the wrong build, and dlc not showing up is a DTG issue. Lack of QA testing is a DTG issue. And all these have a right to be posted on the forum without you seeming to comment on their behalf on stuff you have no knowledge about.

• Like Like x 1
  47. ARuscoe

From what I've read the issue is within Sony's OS when dealing with transferring from one game to another. ie as far as Sony are concerned PS4 DLC and PS5 DLC are completely different with different reference codes internally etc. This aligns with what DTG have said on stream

I don't know enough about how TSW is set up internally on the trophy limit, but the question is why is there one in the first place, and that IS on Sony. If DTG have somehow managed to multiply the awards for some reason then yes, what you've said is the case and I am sure DTG are looking into why it's happened if it's true that the limit is 1k but only 350 exist

Agreed, which has been said before so no comment there

Except this is a public forum which ANYONE can respond to. You don't get to tell others what they can and cannot say any more than I can. You also have no clue as to what I know or otherwise so maybe keep such nonsense to yourself. You'll note I am not making personal comments about you...

• Like Like x 2
  48. smugstarlord#4202

Calling you out on lack of knowledge on the issues I've mentioned isn't personal

• Like Like x 1
  49. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I see the discussion is still centered around whether the blame lies on Sony or DTG. Like I implied earlier, it does not matter whose fault it is. We make DTG aware it’s a problem, and then they can contact Sony via channels we cannot ourselves.

• Like Like x 4
  50. ARuscoe

You've made more than one comment...

And the first incorrect one was saying "before anyone says, this is a Sony issue, it's not."
    Some of the issues you've stated are directly caused by changes Sony have made to their ecosystem, and there's nothing DTG can directly do about any of them

• Like Like x 2