Br187=sounds Of 185

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by KoeleKoen, Oct 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

No, I haven‘t. I‘m still waiting for Sam‘s stream to get an official (if you like) look at the DLC.

2. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Looks like Arosa finally has some competition.

• Like Like x 13
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Tbh i didn't ask for a refund for Arosa because the loco is quiet fine. Arosa is way better than the 187.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I understand it well? Is that awful sound made by the DB 146.2 locomotive back? I didn't use the 146.2 locomotive for almost the whole year because it couldn't be listened to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

Time to stop using Skyhook games as a 3rd party? That`ll make them test their dlcs before launch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sam usually grips it and rips it. In that case, the wheels will just spin until they’re molten and welded to the track.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pwarner893

pwarner893 New Member

This thread. Wow. Sam and co will have fun tonight with the stream.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

True. Seems like the 187 was made for Sam - it‘s all grip it and rip it whether Sam wants to nor not :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

First german loco dlc i will not buy for sure.
    Enough is enough.

I am just so sad, was looking so much forward to this....

• Like Like x 7
  10. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Ja glaube ich auch. Ich meine was man teilweise für sein Geld bekommt grenzt schon an Unverschämtheit...ich ärgere mich einfach nur noch über DTG und Skyhook Games... DLCs mit Qualitätskontrolle würde dann wohl noch mehr kosten...

• Like Like x 1
  11. shamanspark

shamanspark Member

Wahnsinn oder, wie tief kann man sinken?
    Ich habe mich so über die Lok gefreut und jetzt sowas. Keinen Cent dafür, sorry.

In english for DTG: This one is rock bottom! Please react.

12. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Ja geht mir genau so, ich hatte Freude als ich sah, dass diese Lok entwickelt wird. Ich finde halt das schlimme an der Sache, dass wir keinen Patch erwarten dürfen, der die Bugs fixt.

13. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Was really looking forward to this loco, but those sounds are just completely wrong. It is repeated time and again that correct sounds of rail vehicles are paramount to be enjoyable. Polls and forum threads have consistently put realistic sounds on the very top of desired properties of simulation and yet we still get such carelessness.

• Like Like x 3
  14. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Perhaps there are several models with different cabin layouts. But the dashboard doesn't look exactly the same to me either. In addition, the windows will seem further away from the seat (note the small front air intakes right on the dashboard near the front glass)

• Like Like x 1
  15. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This just says it all…

How and why on earth did DTG allow this to be published in the state it is is beyond me. What happened to quality control?

8A21C3B3-20DF-4DB7-848C-9CE62FEC95D9.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-10-14_19-10-43.png
    Someone on the TSC Discord found the files for the 185. Oh, uhm sorry, I meant 187.

• Like Like x 21
  17. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Despite the sounds I was quite looking forward to this and was intent on purchasing tonight, however I play with no HUD and if the reports of LZB not working in the Cab along with other PZB related bugs are correct, then I will sadly be giving this a miss.

SHG must have know that none Cab working LZB would alienate anyone who drives without the HUD and decided the costs involved getting it working wouldnt have been covered by the lost sales ( I appreicate that only a small proportion of players dont use the HUD) or didnt even consider it.

For the majority this isnt a game breaking but for the likes of me sadly it is virtual a gamebreaker, which is sad and disappointing.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SwissLetsplay

SwissLetsplay New Member

Wir haben die Gauner überführt. Yes!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Skyhook are the only developer to have any their TSW DLCs listed as "mostly/very negative" - and it's both of them.
    (this excludes products where there aren't enough reviews for Steam to give the consensus.

• Like Like x 1
  20. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

DTG should pay off Skyhook for the 187 loco housing and try to rescue the loco.
    Considering that the rest of the 187 is from DTG anyway, this should not be very expensive.
    Would something like that even be possible?

• Like Like x 1
  21. PeterNeutron

PeterNeutron Active Member

This is a silly bloody joke isn't it?

• Like Like x 2
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That is not even a surprise. Is dtg the next EA?

23. zhexuan_li

zhexuan_li New Member

Copy paste the sound from BR185->Negative reviews and fall in reputations

Please fix the ridiculous sound ASAP Skyhook, don’t fool your customers.

24. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Personally, I had fewer problems with EA than with DTG and I have 154 days of playing time in the Sims 4.

• Like Like x 1
  25. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

dear lord I’m glad I moved from Xbox . You shouldn’t have to tolerate that ear pain

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yeh. At least EA makes up for their mistakes like what they did with Star Wars Battlefront 2 after all the backlash for example

• Like Like x 1
  27. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, it's important we make our voice heard this stream, point everything bad out but try to keep it civil, just calling names won't help us, we need to stick together as a disappointed audience so we're taken seriously. I won't take "don't like it don't buy it" as an answer this time, we can't let this level of "quality" just pass by.

• Like Like x 6
  28. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’m clock watching and wondering which train they’ll do first and whether there will be a stern talking to the audience before play begins. Agreed, not good enough but civil feedback

29. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

My predictions are:

- "It's not where we want it to be"
    - "If you don't think it's good enough, just wait with the purchase"
    - "We are sorry, and we know it's not enough"
    - "Fixes are already in the works / thorough testing etc. etc."

;)

• Like Like x 7
  30. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Well that would be very welcome, wouldn't it?

31. dreampage

Honestly, what would be very welcome is a piece of content where we don't have to list bugs, complain and wait weeks or months to get them fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

This is first time I have requested a refund for anything on tsw2!, really disappointing, like so many others here i was really looking forward to this dlc :(

• Like Like x 2
  33. leonmassama

leonmassama New Member

Don't you all see that the db br 187 just entered the QA?

We are that team, its cheaper we only cost a few apologies...

• Like Like x 1
  34. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Like most people, I was looking forward to purchasing this dlc, but I’ll surely be spending by money on something else and like with rivet, I’ll be staying clear from any SHG products until I see an actual quality improvement in their products.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

One thing they have gotten right according to this video, is the cab camera position. It feels like you are standing instead of sitting...

• Like Like x 3
  36. dreampage

OK so the official explanation is that due to Covid-19, Skyhook couldn't sample a real DB BR 187, therefore they copied the 185 sounds and released the product this way. Because the majority of people outside Germany wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What a joke The excuses, I don’t trust anybody from them.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

poor excuse, not covid but “people outside Germany wouldn’t notice” by Jove we noticed. This should have never been released

• Like Like x 2
  39. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

And it was said that the sounds won't be fixed for anytime soon.

40. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

which is frankly an unacceptable reason for using a broken sound set, why not use a good set of sounds from the other TRAXX locos.

Honestly it’s unacceptable reason full stop, if you cannot develop the loco, don’t develop it, simple.

Honestly, discussing the sounds for all of 3 minutes, and ending with “sorry we can’t do anything” is just a joke, we’ve now reached the point in TSW where we are literally being sold non realistic trains.

In terms of Sams “this isn’t really a massacre”, it kind of is, this is literally the worst set of sounds currently in the game, it’s completely horrific to listen too because it’s so broken, this sound file is the reason that more than a few people steered clear of the TRAXX units in game.

If skyhook cannot give us correct sounds, they need to give us better sounds, that weren’t broken in a technical blunder that occurred when the TRAXX fleet came over from TSW 2020.

If they knew that this loco wasn’t going to be correct, they should of either shelved it, or made it as good as it can be, not just give up and do what they did.

They were clearly operating with the mindset of recuperating the development costs, when all they’ve done is hurt their own reputation.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  41. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Bit off that no one from Skyhook turned up on tonight’s stream

• Like Like x 4
  42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

We pretty much got two of those with the 465 and the 101. And Cathcart had few complaints other than the nighttime lighting, which is a universal TSW issue.

• Like Like x 3
  43. solicitr

That still is no excuse for not using at least the much improved new 185 sounds. Not accurate, but not painfully awful.

• Like Like x 6
  44. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get them not having access to 187 sounds. Still shouldn't release it without those sounds, but I get that.
    But the excuse that non-Germans wouldn't notice anyway is absolute bonkers.
    I don't care that a large amount of people wouldn't see the difference, I want authenticity, it's why I play TSW over other simulators.
    If they screwed up the British 377 with an American horn and colored it bright purple and said it's ok cause no one outside of the UK would know it's wrong not only would the British community (rightfully) be in uproar, I doubt they'd get away with that.

• Like Like x 4
  45. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

This comment in the stream was really unpleasant and somewhat disrespectful towards customers, if you take into account we're talking about the very sound set, which had been an issue for the preserved collection locos for many many months.

I do fully understand that they could not get the correct one and had to use something (although not necessarily the broken one, mind you). I even understand that, due to the universal laws of marketing, they won't openly state that fact in the product description (although that would be an honest thing to do IMO). But it's comments like this which are really shameful. It's the second time, after the Dresden debacle where post with "all you need to know" somehow missed some unpleasant information. I'm not going to react with hate to this, just express my disappointment.

A pity. I had a budget reservation for this. I was even wondering about ignoring this sound issue, I managed to play "broken" 146 for many hours, and it seems like this loco does have some interesting features, so I thought perhaps I'd still buy. But it's simply this attitude which will keep my money in my wallet this time.

• Like Like x 5
  46. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

My thought is that they never had any intention of travelling to Germany to record the sounds. They decided it was easier and cheaper to copy some broken sounds and stick them together.
    If it was true that they wanted to do it right they wouldn't have released it, or they would have bothered to look for better sounds even if it was from another TRAXX. Anything but give us something that sounds like a blender mixed with a hoover. The covid excuse was well prepared, of course.

• Like Like x 5
  47. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Oh c'mon... they could've asked people from the community or you know... make a different loco. This is a very poor excuse, especially when talents like Maik exist which could probably help them here (not speaking for him of course).

• Like Like x 2
  48. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Rivet must have trained them in the famous ostrich technique, they are masters at it.

• Like Like x 7
  49. solicitr

Hear, hear.

• Like Like x 1
  50. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Speaking of sound, it sounds the same as the 185.2 (DRA's 185.5 already has better sounds and physics, including the correct SIFA alarm). With this new 187 we are back to the past. In the post you quoted I added that even the cabin does not look really authentic, but a mix ... starting from that of the old dear 185.2

• Like Like x 1