Reduces The 187 Price.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sequencer2k16, Oct 15, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, I could live with it for now and give the 187 a / another chance!

2. No, there's no way I'm going to get the 187 (again)!

3. I don't know, I am still undecided!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Just a crazy idea:

What do you think about reducing the price by 50% and paying the other 50% with a future optional and proper DB BR 187 sound DLC? Of course, Skyhook should immediately start working on the remaining bugs, that shows us good will. And if you don't want the sound DLC, just don't buy it.

They give up some money while we wait for the real sound. Do you think it is fair for both sides?
    I would like to hear your constructive opinion on this and I am very curious how you think.
    At least the loco housing, cab and engine room are really nice and as an AI it would be respectable even if you don't drive it yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

DLCs are not cheap, but even worse is the quality that the products are delivered at this price. I believe they should have postponed it longer in order to have more time to work on this DLC. It doesn't make sense to pay even more to have something that should have come at launch, unfortunately that's the problem with game companies these days.

• Like Like x 5
  3. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Think under UK law or Steam rules (can't remember which) you aren't allowed to reduce the price of something within a certain period after a products release, I think 28 days or something like that.

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

There are probably a multitude of reasons why they cannot reduce the price now...but at the very least they (Skyhook) should have provided a pre-release statement regarding the sound files used so it could have been publicly displayed on the forums etc

Instead the info came via a release stream (which Skyhook conveniently decided to not show up for); which would have been too late for those who already purchased it. Pretty poor form

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

A better thing would be to not buy it until the sounds are fixed, or buy it now and then wait for the sounds to be fixed and get some use out of it while you are waiting for a free upgrade. Paying half to get it then possibly paying the same amount again for some sounds to be added isn’t a practical solution to what is only a problem to some people. The people who don’t care about it having the correct sounds would never buy the upgrade and would be getting a new loco with all the playable content, substitutions and any future layers in other routes at a reduced cost, hoping that all future DLC has the wrong sounds at launch too for a sweet deal. Unless they took the DLC off you once it’s upgraded until you paid the difference, which they couldn’t possibly do, that’s what would happen.

If all DLC with something wrong with it had this deal everything would have to be released at half price. You can’t make this a special case because it has the wrong traction motor sounds. It’s just one more thing in an ever growing list of things that aren’t quite right. To get it cheaper, wait for a sale, it won’t be long.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I also have a great idea, don’t buy it if you care about the sounds. Buy it if you don’t.

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

That's probably not the best attitude to have. It is basically dismissing all the people who do care about the sounds and do want to buy it. There is nothing wrong with wanting the product to be the best that it can be.

One of the best locos in the game (BR 465) is largely due to the fact that the soundscape is amazing...it does make a huge difference. For a loco which has been in development for this long and been on the roadmap since the very 1st, people expected more.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You get what you deserve for not waiting to see a reveiw before buying.You should know any new dlc will be flawed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. appledates#4945

I absolutely agree that for example the class 465 sounds amazing and does add a lot to the locomotive. That being said if someone is upset with the sounds but likes the locomotive then they need to decide for themselves. I certainly do hope we get the right sounds but I don’t think reducing the price or anything is reasonable. You either are okay with the way it is or you shouldn’t buy it.

10. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I don't care what the price is, I'm not buying a loco dlc that has blatantly wrong and totally re-used broken sounds. Seeing as the issues on Cane Creek still have not had any effort put in to find a solution, and that has been out for a little bit now; I seriously doubt that new sounds are ever coming to the BR 187.

And as usual with TSW, the devs blamed their sorry efforts on the "pandemic."

• Like Like x 2
  11. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The weird thing is dtg has tended to favor german tsw2 fans more then others funny they let skyhook release such a poorly built wrong sound german loco.

12. appledates#4945

A post from TSW2 third party developer TSG (DB101) claiming pandemic-“that’s not an excuse”
    and how TSG could have delivered 187 sounds in a pandemic.

C9C000D8-905A-4C45-9CAD-0A570B290660.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Much as I’d say yes it’s a case of a “once you see you can’t unsee for me” .Train looks great but I’m too on fence now

• Like Like x 1
  14. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Very disappointed with this purchase. So many operational bugs. Not so bothered about the sound, I can live with that, but the products being sold this week from skyhook and Rivet are certainly not worth £11.99 Certainly worried too about Penzance route and probably will wait before I purchase that.

15. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I watched a couple of streams where the streamer didn’t know anything about the real loco and it looked nice and I was thinking of getting it. But now I know what the problems are, despite the fact I wouldn’t have spotted them myself, I can’t ignore them.

It does substitute a lot on other routes so in a sale or if it gets fixed, then I might pick it up, just as an AI train, but for now, it’s sadly a no.

16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I put it on my wishlist. It did not have a high priority anyway for me. I'm not sure I care a lot about the sound issue, but there are so may DLC coming that I skip this one as well as the 1938 stock.

17. 5cip

5cip Active Member

i would pay for a performance dlc too

18. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's worth over-complicating it. I'm not sure why people are so quick to buy new DLC - this was out for a matter of hours before it was well reported how flawed it was. When a DLC comes out and doesn't live anywhere near up to expectations, just hold off buying it. They then have the option of taking the clear feedback onboard, fixing it and maybe making a sale, or leaving it as it is and probably not. That's how these things should work.

187 sounds rubbish - not buying.
    38 stock doesn't interest me - not buying.
    WCL - waiting for reviews on quality, but no trophies - probably not buying.
    313 - I'm sure the quality will be there, waiting to see how the trophy situation develops - might buy in future.

Meanwhile, if I fancy some fresh content and a sale comes along, there are still a few routes I also didn't buy at launch that I might consider, since they've probably had bug fixes by now and do bring trophies.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t want this DLC until the issues are fixed and it sounds like it is supposed to sound. Even discounted, this DLC does not deserve my money (yet). Hopefully one day.

• Like Like x 3
  20. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm not bothered about the sounds tbf. What is preventing me from purchasing is PZB LZB bugs

• Like Like x 1
  21. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy idea:

How about releasing an accurate, polished and finished product and charging the published price.

Win / win.

• Like Like x 8
  22. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

Your so right but people keep buying the DLC then moaning about it dtg are still getting their money and then say they're working on the issues raised which sometimes takes months it's simple really to get quality working DLC stop buying them till they've fixed the things that most people have problems with but it will never happen