Train Sim World 2 - New Traxx

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 14, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Experience the pinnacle of modern motive power and the latest generation in a long line of classics with Skyhook Games’ DB BR 187 for Train Sim World 2!

Read the article here.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I had hopes it was something that'd adress the issues...

• Like Like x 9
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

New TRAXX, old sounds.

You’d think with the ever decreasing amount of new trains being produced, the actual new ones would be special, but it just seems like anything that can be reused, will be reused.

Could of at least used a sound file that wasn’t broken, this loco is pretty buggy even without the horrendous tinnitus inducing sounds.

Those horrific sounds from the 146 & 185 resulted in me not using some of my favourite locos for a year, and now I’m expected to pay £11.49 for the pleasure of enduring them all over again?

How we can go from loco DLC’s like the 101 & 465 to something as poor as this is surprising, the QA on what is an acceptable product is so inconsistent.

• Like Like x 23
  4. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

What I'm worried about is the future of this loco in TSW. Since this isn't from DTG, what can we expect? We know DTG have a Preservation Crew that will take care of updating older DLC's. Has Skyhook got something like this too? So what I mean is, can we expect it getting entirely new sounds for example? A lot is wrong with this loco, it feels like a Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V of the 185.2 but worse. At least the model looks nice but even the markings are wrong seen in Ben132465798 's video. Has anyone got insight in Skyhook Games, so we know whether they will fix it or not?

• Like Like x 4
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Tune in to the stream tonight for that. Sam will be answering some of the community questions.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Was really looking forward to this, but it’s a pass from me (at least in its current state). Seems like a half-arsed effort so way pay hard-earned, good money for it?

• Like Like x 10
  7. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Skyhook haven't made any announcement on fixing the bugs in their Cane Creek route.

Therefore, I'm treating this like a Rivet purchase and will assume that it will never be fixed.

I'm normally a DLC collector, yet the only four DLCs I don't have are the BR 187, 204, Cane Creek and the 1938 Stock. Funny how all of these are made by third parties...

• Like Like x 6
  8. BjornGroen02NL

I'll be sure to watch the stream this evening... Hope to see and hear some improvements are at least being thought about at Skyhook. It's a shame, since I was really looking forward to this loco but I'll hold my money for now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LucasLCC

A public statement in writing would also be appreciated. Watching a 1-2 hour stream to find out the little bit of information on bug fixes isn't really that customer focused...

• Like Like x 29
  10. BjornGroen02NL

Yup, then it's (sadly) a pass for me. I hope any new German content that comes on the Roadmap will come from DTG or TSG, either this or Rivet or Skyhook really upgrade their quality control. I'm a DLC collector too, so it kinda hurts that this will be the only German DLC I won't buy. But it'll be worse if I did, so I think I won't regret it at this time. The people who need to regret something though are the ones from Skyhook who decided this is a finished product.

I really, really hope they at least acknowledge some of the mistakes they made to publish this.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

To be honest, I haven't yet made up my mind whether to buy it or not. In the current state most likely not, but if there is an official announcement from Skyhook that they will revise the 187 again, then I'll think about it

• Like Like x 2
  12. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Why do you have to watch an hour-long stream for that?
    You are releasing a product that should never have been released in this state. And don't say you didn't know that. You deliberately put it on the market like this. This shows that you don't care about the quality of the products and only the quantity counts. The main thing is to publish a lot, no matter in what condition.

• Like Like x 14
  13. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to. Sam has already said that there is a stream next Tuesday to talk about the issues in a Q&A (replacing the road map stream)

So it was just cheeky to try to get you to tune into a stream, just to be told to tune into to another stream and by the way, in the meantime please buy the latest broken content for TSW

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

id like to buy this but may have to wait until DTG or Sony sort out the PS 5 issues.

15. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This article is really ballsy. While I understand that DTG has no saying in this DLC, the article about it you have published feels like a slap in the face.

• Like Like x 9
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Remove the DLC from all Stores until we have the Original BR 187 sounds.
    Skyhook should see no Money from you as Publisher

• Like Like x 3
  17. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Or just wait for an update

• Like Like x 1
  18. LucasLCC

That only works if they will actually update it... Cane Creek is currently forgotten about in the background

• Like Like x 8
  19. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Well congratulations to your first "mostly negative" reviewed DLC on steam. This is what you get when your 3rd party QA only checks for technical functionality and not for quality at all (and there are still technical issues regardless).
    While the 3D model is undoubtedly good, the rest has huge issues which others have mentioned alot, so I won't reiterate them all again.

It is quite evident that all but the model was copied from the 185 and this just can't be happening as a full price loco DLC. Do they think the players are that daft to believe a loco that is one whole generation older than the other performs the same? Mistakes like wrong tags on the side of the loco are an ongoing issue, but in this case it just adds to the whole appearance of this loco being a cash grab.

Adding to this that there was so much silence from Skyhook themselves prior to this release makes it all the worse. People can be disappointed but understanding, if they for example told upfront that they re-used sounds because they could not get recordings.
    What was released today is a huge let down and somewhat borderline in my eyes to what should set the standard for TSW.

The cherry on top is the fact that due to this release we will never see a proper modern TRAXX loco ever again. Hit or miss, this one misses the mark by quite the margin, unprecedented for this game so far in my opinion. And that DTG as publisher greenlit this to be released unfortunately says alot about them as well.

• Like Like x 20
  20. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

The sound choice etc. for this locomotive sadly reminds of the shortcut DTG took with the Dostos at the Hamburg route. Deliberate mistakes. :|

• Like Like x 4
  21. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Nice Traxx2, more variety on SKA. The not so realistic sounds are not a dealbreaker for me. Otherwise I couldn't use any northamerican freight action till now, because except the F7 no american freight loco has completely realistic horn sounds.

What I don't like is the missing substitution on HMA on gen8 consoles. More memory optimization or an alternative shorter timtable for that consoles (like on GWE, when it arrives for consoles) would be a solution.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

What I want to know is why did dtg publish this dlc. They could've told skyhook that they will not publish it until they sort the issues but they chose not too. So why?

• Like Like x 4
  23. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Probably because DTG would have done the same themselves. The “this will do” mentality hasn’t exactly been foreign to their own portfolio.

• Like Like x 5
  24. FantaDose

FantaDose New Member

Dies ist ein Traxx3 with sounds from the Traxx2

25. docsnyder1911

You have completely right mate. Sorry for making that mistake.

26. docsnyder1911

To say some positive. It seems the TRAXX 3 brings some more life to the freight yards at SKA.

Other nice thing is an accessible engineroom.

27. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

well to "edit" my previous comment, loco dlc is now on straight "negative" on steam.
    I listened to what Skyhook had to say via Sam on stream regarding this issue, but to be frank, I am not buying it. They say they have no source for the loco sounds since Covid made their contact for the 187 move to another loco/field of work. But there are other options in order to get sounds, they just did not source them.

28. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s all lies and excuses for pure laziness.
    They have Maik Goltz here in Germany who make also the 101 sounds, or there is also RSSLO and Linus

• Like Like x 4
  29. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

If Skyhook really had no sources to get sounds for the 187, then I feel like they would’ve been better off not making a 187 DLC. You would think that would’ve been a reasonable thing to do.

• Like Like x 6
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

But tsg says he doesn't nor will not work on other third party devs content. He already got is own work to do. If they didn't have sources for the 187, they shouldn't have made the train. You should announce something when you know you can get things like close to accurate sound in the train. If not then don't announce/make the train

• Like Like x 1
  31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Maik Goltz Said something that they can ask him for recording the sounds, but skyhook didn’t ask him about it.

• Like Like x 1
  32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not really. It's all too obviously a half-arsed reskin of the 185.2

• Like Like x 3
  33. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Well they thought they had a source for sounds, but they lost it after a lot of work was already done, so they decided to at least release something. I completely understand their decision, but that doesn't really make the product any better for me as a customer.
    But we might get some nice sound mods for it... fingers crossed it works out so they could improve the loco to an actually ok level.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Please translate it correctly or don't do it. I said they could have asked me to do it (maybe), but not now anymore.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

And this doesn't excuse the also existing massive gameplay issues like broken AFB, LZB and bits of PZB. I mean, how many years have passed since TSW was released first? Those systems don't change, in this case a copy + paste from the 185 would have done the job... they weren't too shy to do this for many other assets of the loco as well (just take a look at the screenshot somebody mentioned in the PC forum) so why not?!

And of course the price still remains unchanged despite all those massive issues because that's something which is unfortunately out of control...

But hey, maybe something like this was more likely the background:

PES reaches the crown for the most negative rated game ever on steam

Skyhook: Hold my beer

That's just frustrating...

• Like Like x 2
  36. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The same Loco has also 2 different Loco numbers included like 187 141 and on one site 187 147 and this happen always DTG JD for your Bug List about this DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

This DLC loco on Steam has negative reviews. I'm not suprised at all, especially what Skyhook Games has done with the sounds. I want more third party devs but I don't want the product to release like this. If you don't have the correct sounds for this loco, then it shouldn't been release. Release it when it's ready. This is unacceptable and you can see why some people are hesitant to buy products from third party devs.

• Like Like x 4
  38. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Here is my Proof with the two different Loco numbers if DTG don’t believe, or want a proof.

• Like Like x 1
  39. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I’m very happy that some people in this community can provide constructive feedback to Skyhook for what this community wants from an add-on. I’m sure they appreciate it as considering it’s their 2nd release on TSW2, they certainly can use the feedback, the positives and the negatives. For others that think Skyhook is lazy, or that they are “lying”. You do realize these third party developers have nothing to gain by either of those things and you would actually like to put out the best product possible. I hope you do notice that they gave us the first and only route to be in a desert region.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  40. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

597FB004-D6F7-46FB-BF52-CEEA93547332.jpeg
    A post from third party developer TSG (DB101) on how pandemic “that’s not an excuse” and how TSG could have delivered 187 sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  41. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...to give some positive feedback too: the BR187 is very nicely and detailed modeled and can be used in timetable mode on all other German routes (with the exception of RT). I like the new stylish cab design of the TRAXX 3 series and there is also a new freight car as part of the addon. It's a short "shimmns" with a red DB tarpaulin.

TRAXX b.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  42. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I think it's a cheap excuse too. If they wanted to get it right they had other options, or just not release it in this state but they took the easy route of copying and pasting broken sounds. Also they could have been open and clearly stated that they were incorrect sounds because of the supposed problems they had, or said that when they can do it they will fix it, but they opted for the lack of transparency without a preview and not even showing their face in the stream with Sam.
    All of this has a bad justification and customers are not stupid, even if they sometimes treat us like that.

https://rail-sim.de/forum/thread/34598-irflouz-s-tsw-2-enhancement-packs/?postID=743245#post743245

How can it be that in a few hours someone amateur has managed to insert the sound of 187 to 185 and SHG hasn't done it in their DLC in so many months?

• Like Like x 9
  43. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

44. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

The Shimms-TTU 722 wagon is not new, it was a part of the ruhr nord DLC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In my job I have only one rule:
    Do it right or don't do it at all.

The first "German" no-buy for me.
    The sad day. BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  46. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

And not once during the stream were the head lights shown in the correct running configuration.

So we can't tell if it's a bug and no modeled right.

The lower marker lights should be on, not the upper set.

• Like Like x 1
  47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

This is the correct Headlights for both 147 and 187, but TSW has always the two higher lamps on. A3EF39D9-3D15-4393-9CAC-B0609A094F6D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  48. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I bought this product to have a free pass to rant about the product but sadly this product does not contain any complaints I can rant about.

It's well made. It looks stunning, attention to detail. Sounds nice actually, even the wipers. I wanna see more DLC like this.

49. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

Ok but you can turn on all the three lights thats no problem.

50. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I do not :(

• Like Like x 1