New Add-on Achievements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hells.high.lord666, Oct 14, 2021.

1. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

So it seems that because Sony are losers and have limited DLC capacity to 64GB and Trophy amounts DTG have taken the decision to completely omit achievements from both of the new add-ons despite adding trophies to one of them for PS. To me this shows that DTG don't really care much about their Xbox customers considering we've had to wait for the last 2 broken Rush Hour routes and now they're not adding achievements despite Xbox having no limitations that I'm aware of!

• Like Like x 2
  2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No Gamerscore Trophy’s for DB BR 187 and 1938 Tube Stock available DTG JD
    Where it is?

3. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Achievements have been late to show up before, I'm sure that DTG Natster will take a look in the morning.

4. arobinson2202

arobinson2202 New Member

Yh its really not uncommon for them to not show up straightaway remember it as far back as the class 52 being released. They normally show up late morning from previous times.

5. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

So it's been 12 hours since release and still no Achievements.

Btw have you noticed that currently 2 do not work?
    On the Dresden route the 143 kilometers and on London Commuter 2 collectibles are missing.

6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

And the Hamburg Lübeck one because it’s double and only one can be getting

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

So I have checked with one of our producers on this, there should be no problems with achievements on Xbox, it might be a case of they take a while to pop up. If this doesn't resolve itself we will investigate what's going on.

Please keep me updated if you see a change.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

On Hamburg Lübeck I have all Achievements. which one exactly do you mean, maybe I can help ? :)

Have you already written a ticket to the support because of the others. With Achievements you must always make pressure, otherwise it simply goes down with DTG. :(

DTG Natster Thanks for the reply, do you happen to have info from the Achievement Team on how the fix for the Problem Achievements stands?

9. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The DB BR 187 achievements are not yet active on Xbox Live. The usually activate a day or so after release, but even though they are not listed they should be unlockable by the players. Complete the DB BR 187 Introduction and see if you unlock the corresponding achievement.

10. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Isn't Hamburg Lubeck the one that uses another (standalone) train from a different DLC and because of which you can't get all the achievements linked to this train? ie: You can do the xx miles and tasks but cannot do the scenarios (because they belong to a different DLC) so you end up with half finished achievements for the train in question.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. hells.high.lord666

It's the achievements for the 1938 stock and DB BR187. As of 11am on day of release achievement list still stands at 353 achievements. The amount reached when London Commuter released!.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

The problem is that they're not even listed within the game yet, making it impossible to "pop" something that isn't there!

13. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The achievements normally unlock if you have already done them once they go live. Nothing really to worry about. I'm more concerned with existing achievements breaking whenever there is a core or route update (scenarios usually).

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Ive done all Scenarios and the Tutorial but nothing happened

15. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

That's a nuisance. I would have thought the 143 achievement would have been fixed when the latest patch put the correct loco on the route. When Dresden launched it used the RSN BR 143, you can tell the difference instantly upon sitting down in the Dresden version by things like the brake key actually being interactable on this new one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

I am aware that the wrong locomotive was used at first. But the Achievement itself does not work, so it is not the wrong locomotive, but the system.
    The way I see it. I tried it with all versions of the DB BR 143, none brought the Achievement although the Ingame medal works.
    Also the tracker, which usually jumps from 0% to 100%, remains at 0%.

I tried it again after the update yesterday. Unfortunately no change. There is also a separate forum for this problem: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/broken-achievement-dra-dresden-commuter.45515/

17. Princess Entrapta

Yeah, I'm gonna guess the likely reason is that when they added the correct loco they didn't add it precisely using the exact reference the achievement is looking for, probably due to having to jury rig a workaround to make it stop inserting the wrong loco, so the achievement tracking system is still looking for a 143 that doesn't exist.

18. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

That sounds reasonable, can you write that to support. I don't think I can explain it as well as you. :)

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Give us finally the Gamerscores on Xbox

20. Princess Entrapta

Back on the main topic - it could be worse. Elite Dangerous originally lacked achievements on PC because it was a standalone title working through Frontier's own launcher, sold via their own store. When it came to Steam however, they couldn't be bothered to simply copy over the XBox/Playstation achievement list to Steam's system.

• Like Like x 1
  21. hells.high.lord666

You can't unlock something that's not there
    As of 16.30 day of release achievement count on Xbox still stands at 353. No new achievements have been added for the DB BR 187 & 1938 stock!

• Like Like x 2
  22. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

So are the achievement's broken on the Xbox one version then? So even more bugs. If it was not so serious it would be funny

23. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I’m Series X and nothing is there

24. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

The achievements are still not there on Xbox Live so there's definitely a problem. DTG Natster It's possible that you excluded the achievements from all console versions, not just PlayStation, as is stated in the Announcements forum.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Willowrpe

That's what I was thinking switched off Xbox as well as PlayStation. Well that's a new problem. It's starting to get beyond a joke now

26. knutvarg88

knutvarg88 New Member

Omg... And what for the future route add on and loco dlc ??? No more achievements because Sony are loosers ? Ok if that so, i am done with this game . Sad

27. Willowrpe

I am sure future Xbox items will have achievements this is just another bug in the life of TSW2

• Like Like x 2
  28. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

If the two DLCs don't get Achievements it's DTG's problem, not mine. I only buy what has Achievements, is you who lacks the sales, I saved myself 30 euros for the completion.

29. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I total agree, thats also me point of view.
    They don't manage to fix Achievements in a timely manner and regularly there are problems. Seriously, TSW 2 has been marked with at least one unattainable Achievement on TA for all but 4 weeks since release. The Windows 10 version of 2020 is still completely unplayable.

Achievement Hunter are too little was taken.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Boris The Frog

Does that mean you never bought a game before they were introduced in 2005? No, I doubt it!

But hey, if you feel deprived of a gaming experience because a message telling you that you've opened a window 37 times won't be present then who am I to argue with your logic :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  31. knutvarg88

knutvarg88 New Member

you play very well without achievements, others don't and like it .. Why are you looking for a logic?

• Like Like x 1
  32. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Fact is, achievements/trophies belong to todays gaming since many years. Many like it, sone don’t and others don’t care. That’s okay, but „suddenly“ there is a cap of trophies on Playstation and the same „suddenly“ new DLCs on Xbox have no achievements looks for me like another „Oh well, there seems to be a problem, we‘ll have to investigate this forever“

• Like Like x 1
  33. coasterflo

That's right. I'm 25 now, I started playing in 2010-2011 and have been collecting Achievements since then.

Maybe I would have bought the basic package of TSW to play it out.

That I really since 4 years every DLC at the release buy, with one exception (the locomotive of NEC from TSW 1 which had no Achievements) is because of the Achievements.

Because you want to collect them all. For me it was also very disappointing that TSW2 had no route Achievements for the 3 base routes. I have therefore never played so far and was therefore looking forward to the DLCs now.

• Like Like x 1
  34. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

It's been well over 24 hours now since the DLCs released, and the game still hasn't updated to show the new Achievements, any chance of getting this fixed before the weekend, or am I going to have to wait until next week before I can properly play the content that I have already paid for?

35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster whats wrong with our Gamerscore Achievements?
    It’s been 35 hours since release

36. hells.high.lord666

9.40 am day after release and achievement count for the game still stands at 353. I've seen achievements take a few hours to update but never over a day!

37. DTG Natster

I shall chase this up again today and get back to you when I get an answer.

38. knutvarg88

knutvarg88 New Member

I have really a bad fealing ... :D

DTG really i am tired, never see a game with so many issues ....

39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  40. Boris The Frog

Damn, you've got me there :)
    In my defence it was supposed to be sarcastic as not buying something purely on the grounds that no achievements are present did sound a bit 'cut your nose off to spite your face'-esque.

On a side note though, people do tend to forget about the adverse effect achievements have on games. "Easy game, 1000g in 30 mins, 5 stars" is a disturbingly common sight nowadays and has pretty much sent out a message to developers that quality of product is less important than gamerscore...but that's another discussion for another day :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  41. coasterflo

I absolutely agree with you that Achievements Gamerscore leads to distorted ratings and also has negative influences. The whole issue around "easy Gamerscore 5000G games" in recent months distorts the logic. For me Achievements in simulations are even more important.

Honestly I will never run 1200 train services on a route, most of which are the same.

But thanks to Achievements I can orientate myself what I do on a route. It motivates me to play all the scenarios, collect the collectibles and play at least as many services until I have the Achievements. It builds a good framework. With TSW, though, it's an extremely large amount of content and extremely pricey. TSW is probably the most expensive Xbox game. And if you look at how just in the British and German sector, the trains and routes are the same, I would certainly not buy them all.

The more it was a pity that with TSW 2, all the old routes had Achievements again and the new 2/3 not. Of course, I simply because of the mass of hours (about 350h for the complete Gamerscore, except now the two new DLCs) then played these and not the new ones.

Also that all the old tracks have again Achievements get, but the PS players now for new DLCs no longer get, I find very sad.

42. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Looks like they're showing now, 10 additional Achievements are now listed, for a total of 363.

43. Boris The Frog

I do appreciate that achievements do offer a higher degree of motivation (I'm also already aware of your personal levels of motivation towards TSW achievements) but in saying that, something that has no achievements whatsoever shouldn't be the sole reason for not wanting play that item in question. After all, Minecraft for example was an equally as great game when it was selling for a few pounds on the X360 indie marketplace with no achievements than it was selling as a commercial release with achievements

And then there's the other thing. What happens when all achievements in a game are gotten? Does that mean a game's usefulness has expired because the motivational elements are no longer present?

Personally, as a person of a more senior status I find achievements incredibly useful for entirely different reasons. "completed the there and back scenario...10g" (for example) doesn't pop up to give me a sense of achievement, it pops up to remind me what I've spent the past 40 minutes doing :cool:

44. DTG Natster

The achievements should be working for everyone now, and your feedback is suggesting that they have turned up. Good luck achieving them all.

• Like Like x 2
  45. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did someone the Achievements for the Scenario from Aachen to Köln Ehrenfeld?
    It’s not checked but I did the Scenario already

Update DTG Natster i have driven the same scenario twice and still nothing showing up, the Xbox count is also 0,0%

• Like Like x 1
  46. coasterflo

Same for Me the Achievement dont unlocked After i finished the scenario…

please not another … 3 Achievements That don’t work in 3 DLC releases … really DTG?

47. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Complete all Scenarios on Hamburg Lübeck is broken because it’s twice, Drive 143 Kilometer in the DB BR 143 from Dresden and now the 187 scenario from Aachen to Ehrenfeld is broken

48. coasterflo

Yes I can confirm that, just played it the scenario also the second time without Achievement.

But it is the third Achievement that does not work, the collection Achievement on London Commuter also does not work, because there are not enough collectibles on the track. It just hasn't been marked on TA yet.

It probably helps, if we write again all tickets to the support. Maybe we all just mention that there are problems with all three Achievements. :(

Would be cool if you all help, the more write the sooner this gets attention and we don't have to wait a year. :)
    Here the link: https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/login

Problem Achievements are:
    upload_2021-10-15_20-35-56.png

Achievement probably not coupled with the locomotive, because the locomotive was exchanged / swapped. Tracker does not regaiert no matter with which BR 143 one drives the Kiloemeter. Therefore it does not work.

upload_2021-10-15_20-34-41.png

Not enough collectibles on the route, there are only 98 instead of 100.

upload_2021-10-15_20-34-10.png

Achievement is not unlocking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

I can confirm that, this Achievement from the new DLC, as well as the other two do not go.

I will write my ticket to the DTG support and directly to Microsoft.

50. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Also broken HBK Kundendienst image.jpg