Going To Ps Menu Screen Should Pause Game?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antwerpcentral, Oct 15, 2021.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Is it me or is this normal playstation behaviour for games that when you go the PS menu screen the game pauses? When I need to pause the game quickly I normally go to the PS menu but in TSW2 the game does not pause.

2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I use the options button to pause the game.

3. antwerpcentral

Sure, but it's just as not every game has the option button as the pause button. Normally games pause when you go to the PS menu menu.

4. Lenwigg

Oh sorry I have never used the PS button to pause so didn't know

5. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Yes, that works. However people who play other games as well are used to the PS button pausing the game, if messaging friends for example.

Most (all?) other games do this so that if you get a message from a friend, all you have to do is push the PS button and it pauses your game and shortcuts you to the conversation to send a quick reply before pushing the PS button to resume playing.

With TSW, not everybody is aware that you first have to pause the game using the options button before pushing PS button to enter the conversation. I learned my lesson on a German route with the safety systems enabled.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenwigg

Thanks, here is another that didn't know.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I've never used the PS button to "pause the game", but I've always noticed that any game when I press or hold the PS button, the game or pause, or freezes, to avoid continuing and I miss something in the meantime, the TSW2 of fact doesn't do that, I also understood friend, don't feel alone kkkk antwerpcentral

• Like Like x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

Well it's not 'to pause the game" but when someone or something else than the playstation needs my attention I hit the PS button because pause not always means the music or audio pauses in games.

9. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried it with TSW2, but I have noticed this with FS19. When I pause the game, and then use the PS button to go back to the main menu, upon returning to the game, the game is then unpaused. So this might be a PS thing, not a TSW thing.