Euro Fishing Future Features

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG James H, Jun 20, 2016.

1. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Here is the thread for you to suggest any future features or improvements you'd like to see made to the game - please keep them constructive and give as much detail as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FishermensFriend

FishermensFriend New Member

I would love to see a lake with wild brown trout, rainbow trout and pike. Also rumble on the Xbox one controller to make it feel as if we are really bringing in the fish. Don't get me wrong I love the game so far and realise its a work in progress. Also fly fishing would be amazing I've even worked out a way to use the controller to cast the rod. I would love to share this idea with you if your interested.
    Cheers for a great game so far and can't wait for updates

3. onimod13

onimod13 New Member

Game is awesome so far but need more variety of fish (trout, perch, chub, barbel, roach, grayling, rudd , pike, zanders, eel) maybe some river monsters boss fish to shake it up lol.
    And some more more open lakes like st john's.

Would even be willing to pay for a fish or lake pack for xbox

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Would love to see a river/stream included in further add ons, would gladly pay extra for that

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Thank you all for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to suggest these ideas to us. This is just the beginning for Euro Fishing and we are always looking to expand and improve it, therefore more features will be added in the future. We are currently working on rumble support and this will be a new feature in our next upcoming update.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Donkey

Donkey Member

Hey dovetail team,
    It would be awesome if you guys added in some boss Kio or even some boss fantail carp. I also think it would be cool to add a photo mode and photo scrap book. the photo mode could be added when you are at the post catch report screen that displays the fish and weight. From there tap a button that takes you into photo mode. From there you can position the fish and character to the pose you want and snap a pic. Then it goes into your photo scrap book for you to later enjoy. Just some thought of mine. Really enjoy the game.

• Like Like x 4
  7. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Thank you for your feedback! We will take this idea in and discuss it amongst the fishing team and keep you updated.

8. Toxic Chillz

Toxic Chillz New Member

I would love to see more locations for fishing. So rivers, ponds, fisheries, sea fishing as well. More ways to customise your characters to differentiate yourselves to anyone else. I love this game and cant wait to see more locations, features and everything else added to the game.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Matjacav

Matjacav New Member

I'd love to see a meter showing the approximate completion time to catching a fish.

10. XXDevilsdenXX

XXDevilsdenXX Member

Or just set it up so we can use our xbox avatars

11. onimod13

onimod13 New Member

Dont want poor res cartoony characters in the game to be honest that would ruin it

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I think one of the main things needed is a more variety of venues, rivers, streams etc...after playing for a long time time now and catching most of the big fish available, it would be nice to fish a river for smaller coarse fish. At the moment when you use a 3lb or 4lb line you just get smashed to pieces on most bites.
    I'd love a true coarse fishing river and if possible see your angler sitting at his peg.

That said, it's still the best angling game ever made.

13. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Guys

This is just the beginning for Euro Fishing therefore more features such as lakes will be added in the future!

James

14. Gary gregory

Gary gregory New Member

Ide like there to be a swing tip rod and pole fishing deffo should do beach casting as well as river canal and rock fishing would be boss

15. Gary gregory

Gary gregory New Member

Oh and a head torch for night fishing

• Like Like x 3
  16. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking to improve and expand Euro Fishing and we will take these ideas in and discuss them.

17. g1macuk

g1macuk New Member

would love the pole fishing on the canal type of feature

• Like Like x 4
  18. Donkey

Donkey Member

Hello dovetail team, I like to see more players in a multiplayer lobby. We have four, can we get maybe 8 or 10. There is so many pegs and not enough players to fill them.

• Like Like x 6
  19. niitro89

niitro89 New Member

maybe being able to trade in old rods and reels for more TP not full amount maybe even half? also being able to sit down on the chair and relax would be cool... so addicted to this game now

• Like Like x 4
  20. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Niitro89

Thank you for your feedback! I really like the idea of trading in old things for new things so i will definitely make sure we discuss that. As for sitting in the chair we are aware that a lot of people have wanted this for a long time so we will do what we can!

James

• Like Like x 2
  21. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

that would be really cool if our guy/girl could sit in the chair

• Like Like x 2
  22. Arwagaen

Arwagaen New Member

that would be really cool if you :

-add a shortcut for the baiting pod
    -add more stuff to unlock
    -give more information about every equipment
    -make the multiplayer more attractive by adding a small TP bonus for example
    -reduce multiplayer lag by grouping player from same country together when possible

that's all i can think of for now

• Like Like x 1
  23. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

I'd like to see an AI character of an 'old man' that randomly comes past your swim and talks to you for an hour while your trying to fish! (joke)

• Like Like x 4
  24. Donkey

Donkey Member

I think we need a better way to find multiplayer sessions. Maybe a way to look up sessions to see what lake they are at, what time limit they have, etc. So we can pick what session we want to go into. Instead of getting put into a random session which may be a lake that you are not setup for or time limit you don't prefer etc etc. Which brings me to my next thought "the tackle box" if you are going to keep it at joining random sessions, we should be able to change tackle box once in the session. We have a tackle box on the ground when you select a peg, why can't we just walk over to it and interact with it bring up our different tackle load out. So if I wanted to target roach for awhile then go after big carp or catfish I can just switch out my tackle box while in session without having to leave session. It would make things go a lot better I think. Maybe we will get less host leaving the game.

• Like Like x 2
  25. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Have often been thrown into a session with the wrong tackle set up and no way of switching it over. Would like more tackle available too,four bait slots isnt enough really.....and a way of switching tackle boxes to switch tactics without leaving the venue.

• Like Like x 3
  26. DTG James H

DTG James H Guest

Hi Guys

Thank you for all of your ideas! I have read through them all and have noted them down and will show them to the dev team so they know what the community want!

James

• Like Like x 1
  27. SpinningDisk

SpinningDisk New Member

Great game to come home to after a long day. What I would like to see, is the use of the left joystick for head movement. I don't know any fisherman that just stands there fixated on that one spot. I hear fish splashing. Would like to turn and look at where those splashes were coming from. when the plane flies overhead or the cows mooing. Would like to look around whike I'm fishing(don't want to be attacked by a bear :))
    Also body movement when catching the fish. Got to be able to move if I can.
    How about being able to cast where I want. Constantly ussered to certain places.
    Love it man. Haven't played World of Tanks in awhile.
    Keep it up.
    Disk

28. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

"How about being able to cast where I want. Constantly ussered to certain places."

You can cast almost anywhere you want, just use one rod, walk to where you want to cast around the lake and cast in, even if you are not float fishing just hold the rod and freeline it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins New Member

I don't know much about European fishing, but Bass and Pike are my favorites here in the states. Adding spoons and spinners to the tacklebox and putting me on the bank of a pond / lake or in a canoe / on a boat... surrounded by woods... would be heavenly. Oh, yeah, and a side-cast option for long casting. And a tutorial for short casting preferably from the person who designed it. I can't get the hang of the short cast to save my life.

30. SpinningDisk

SpinningDisk New Member

I get that Crabtree. There are places that are obvious but you can't get in. Ex. St. Johns lake. Down in the left hand corner. To the left and right of that culvert you can't get in there. From the last peg up past the gate and the blue poto porty. There is a big daddy cat in there.

31. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Hi Leroy, putting together a tutorial for a short cast is a great idea and we'll look into that. Bass isn't really a European species (hence 'Euro Fishing') but pike is definitely a species we would like to add. Maybe in the future we'll be able to do different games for different disciplines as well - Euro Fishing, Bass Fishing, Sea Fishing etc?

• Like Like x 3
  32. DTG Darren N

Hi Leroy, making functions optional and almost having two different modes in game is definitely something we are considering for the future

• Like Like x 1
  33. Donkey

Donkey Member

I don't think anybody has talked about this "Zig Rigs". So I was playing last night fishing my pop up rig, and It dawned on me. We need some zigs. It would be a great new feature to the game. If the fish behavior is that of real life then on sunny hot days the fish would be up in the water. A zig rig would be perfect in that situation. Fishing 12 ft of water but your rig is at 6ft with the ever so faithful black and yellow foam.;) The real carp fishing guys know what I'm talking about.;). Just a thought of mine what do you guys think?

34. Arwagaen

Arwagaen New Member

An other suggestion: less tournament with 5* 1hour. it s just rewarding unemployment or severely hindering social interaction :p

• Like Like x 1
  35. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Definitely need to shorten the 5hr weekday live tournaments - too long n thus excludes many from taking part . . . def up for some pike/perch/zander spoons spinners etc. . . also rivers trotting n legers. . .barbel, chub, dace etc

• Like Like x 2
  36. Leroy Jenkins

Leroy Jenkins New Member

I agree wholeheartedly.

37. KaTaLLaY

KaTaLLaY New Member

Oh yes, Pike ! I want some hot pike action ! :D

38. Chease

Chease New Member

Hi Dovetail - Really enjoying Euro fishing, my two children love it as well, I've barely had a look in they love it so much, my daughter landed Cheetah last weekend, and my son sneaked out Big Mama this morning. The update and new boss fish has thrilled them, Megladon is on their hit list.
    Well done producing a great fishing sim, and also listening to the players and actively fixing the glitches.

Feature requests

1) I know you have a total count of number of species, and heaviest weight of the species. However, I'd love a full Anglers log, dates, times, weights and picture of the fish of all the captures. It would be a nice touch to include the tackle setup that landed the fish, primarily rig and bait, possibly location, I guess you could plot it on the map of the lake. I'm hoping you have already stored a full history of captures in preparation for this, as I'd love to see which fish we have caught, and any repeat captures.

I'd also like to know which boss fish I've lost, I know you don't know in real fishing, but I think knowing in a gaming sim would be great.

Basically, more stats would be great.

2) I would like to see the wind direction and weather conditions displayed on the screen where you can teleport to a part of the lake when starting a game, a couple of times I've started a session and had to walk all the way around the lake to get on a nice south westerly wind.

3) When stalking, I would like to throw in a handful of bait down the margins, as I would when carp fishing normally. Not sure how involved that would be coding wise.

4) I would be happy to pay for DLC, e.g. new lakes.

5) Aborting a cast would be useful.

Apologies if any of these have been added since the last update, I've haven't had a chance to have a go yet.
    I haven't tried the tournaments yet, I'll look forward to trying that.

Great game - Love it!

39. DTG Darren N

Hi Chease

Thank you for the post and the kind words.

These are all great suggestions and things that we have discussed as well. Without trying to make excuses, the fishing team here is very small so we are trying to combine bug fixes with feature content and trying to prioritise all of the feature content as well. However, everything you have suggested is on our list and we will get to it all!

40. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

When surface fishing it would be great to see and hear the carp take the bait

41. ItsTotalyNotCarp

ItsTotalyNotCarp New Member

Hello Devs at Dover Tail Games,

I bought the game today on Xbox One and have enjoyed it thus far! Never played a fishing game and I was feeling adventurous and bought it. I know its a new game with more fish and venue updates to come so its appreciated and anticipated!

The suggestion I want to make is minor, but necessary, I feel, and that is the ability to sit down while you're waiting for fish to bite.
    It felt strange to me and my friend that our charcaters just stand in place until fish come in and we were disappointed to find the tent and chair had no purpose other than being scenery. We would like to explore the scenery, but if a fish bites wed be too far and lose the fish before we could get back in time. Having the seat be sitable in would make it so we can appretiate the view in front and around us. Also perhaps an occasional animation like drinking water or arms crossing/unrolling or legs crossing/uncrossing would be cool if possible.
    I hope my suggestion isn't too insignificant or out there that it's not noticed.

Thanks and thank you for the fun game!

• Like Like x 1
  42. DTG Darren N

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestion. We agree that we would like to give our anglers a rest and let them sit down or go into their bivvy and it's something that we will get to in our list of priorities.
    Hope you keep enjoying the game!

Darren

43. Phortex

Phortex New Member

Hi Devs at DTG,

It would be awesome if you could create your own (single player) matches. Where you can set the time limit, weather conditions, and win conditons. It would also be nice if some future cups had fish specific conditions (e.g. most tench, or largest indvidual fish caught). I thin it would be more challenging trying to catch a massive bream, than just getting 100lbs of carp in 15 mins

I also second a more detailed fish log, where you can see a record on all the fish you have caught, including where, and what rig/bait you where using at the time.

Otherwise thanks for a surprisingly awesome game!

edit:

Also i would change the format of the live matches, so that its now the best hour wins, but you have 5 attempts. e.g. most mirror carp caught in an hour (as apposed to 5 hours as it is now) but you have the option to try 5 times in one day with your best score going through to the rankings. That way those who are unable to spend 5 hours in a day playing are still competative on the live leagues, but those with more time do still keep a bit of an advnatge, as they have tie to refine their tactics etc.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  44. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

like that idea

45. Sparky5238

Sparky5238 New Member

Hi DTG I said this a number of times but I think it should be able to clip your lines up to a distance that you want before you even cast your rods out as an example when I go carp fishing and I know the area where are fishing I will get the distance sticks out and measure the line to a certain point but I know it's going to hit the spot I want to fish every time ie 40yards is 10 warps so I feel it would be nice to jump onto a certain date like linear where I know I can get loads of fish off a gravel bar at 40 yards that instead of cast in my line out every minute in every time to a certain spot I feel you should be able to set it up before you even cast out and adding new equipment light reels rods and the Ronnie rig and zig rigs would be nice

46. Gabriel

Gabriel New Member

Any chance of getting a portable and cast able sonar? These days, fishing with sonar is very common, and people here are getting excited about sonar in android drones, the drone sit on the water and start fetching data, then it start flying to another spot as you desire.

[​IMG]

Another suggestion is the hook caught a tangle at the bottom of the river, like trunks, rocks, roots, debris, dead trees, etc.
    When you catch a fish near of its egg bed, they try to tangle your line in dead trees, for example.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  47. Vilandar

Vilandar New Member

FIRST...let me say i LOVE! this game.
    As an avid angler i like to stalk big carp with a control float (1oz-2oz) with a size 10-6 bread hook.any chance this is coming to the game???.
    and from chatting to other people it seems that a lot want chub/barbel/pike and zander,is this going to happen?.
    And are you going to bring in seasons with weather changes for those seasons?

and last but not least....clothing and wet weather gear/umbrella?,as standing in the rain in a t-shirt makes me feel cold.lol.
    once again i love this game,keep up the good work guys!
    V

48. t E d d y

t E d d y New Member

- since we lost (french/belgium) AZERTY support long time ago we have lost some very handy keyboard features, can we have it back please?
    read this thread... http://steamcommunity.com/app/314520/discussions/8/496880203077599913/
    - tackle box has become to small, a bigger one or posibility to chance to another tackle box at the lake would be supa :)
    - free cam view while holding a fish so we can make nice screenshots again

49. Philip iversen

Philip iversen New Member

50. Philip iversen

Philip iversen New Member

I would like to see sturgeon in the game, and now you say safe but there are no sturgeon in Europe, yes there is just look here this is an danish put and take :)
    http://www.bluerock.dk/Specimen.aspx?country=DK&itempageId=95&PageKonceptId=3

Just Imagine you go down to the lake and you have dreamed of catching a fight, and there they are,And for the most part takes the bait the same as the carp and catfish