Fov Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NickFarrant, Oct 16, 2021.

1. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

Good morning.

It would be fantastic if we could have a FOV slider in the options like we do have in TSC.

I currently am using unreal engine unlocker to reduce the FOV in cab but it would make it so much easier if the option was available in game.

I ask if DTG could consider adding this into the game in the future, I know implementing such features take time but I'd like it to be considered by the team.

I personally feel the standard FOV in game is way to close in the cab hence why I use FOV 120 in the unreal engine unlocker which gives me the result below; I find this more realistic and you achieve a much better sense of speed.

Id be interested to hear other peoples opinions and thoughts.
    Kind regards,
    Nick
    1282590_20211016102700_1.png

• Like Like x 4
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The field of view is always from the drivers seat , so unless you are going to drive from in front of the seat , then no

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think the current field of view is about right for the current situation where you can’t change it, with only a bit of stretching at the sides of the view. For me, making it wider and having more stretching, due to fitting a wider fov into the fixed area of the screen, and not forgetting having everything you need to see on the track ahead smaller in the centre, would make it less realistic and probably very annoying. That doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be an option though for those who like it wider, for those situations where the speedometer is annoyingly just out of view when looking directly ahead, and for fans of circles appearing as ellipses.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I feel like the default could do with coming out very slightly. I often find myself pulling back on the left stick (PS5) to make sure it's as zoomed back as far as it can be and it usually already is. Maybe it's because I'm sitting a bit closer to my monitor, it sometimes feels like I don't have quite enough peripheral vision relative to where my head is. I don't think it needs to be much, but having the option of a few more degrees might make the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I think it is currently the same fov for PC and console, so distance from the screen will give different experiences. I wonder if a wider fov has an impact on performance. I bet it does and that’s why it’s not an option currently.

6. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

I didnt understand what you said?

Yes, FOV is only in the drivers seat because that's where the game mostly takes place. its also the place where we need to change FOV the most.

• Like Like x 1