Øresund Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JealousSheep768, Oct 16, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. If it was on sale

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I would prefer a different Scandinavian route. Post below

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

The Øresund line is a 46km railway crossing between Sweden and Denmark. This would be the perfect route for implementing Scandinavia into the game. It crosses between Sweden and Denmark by using a bridge, artificial Island and a tunnel. It is effectively a slightly cooler version of the channel tunnel. The bridge is the longest bridge crossing in Europe. It is served by both high speed and regional services. It takes around 40 minutes to complete and while this is short it is a good route to create assets for future routes. This line goes between mälmö and Copenhagen. It has 7 stations.
    The trains
    X2000
    The x2000 is a Swedish high speed train that has a top speed of 200 kmh. It is capable of tilting. It can reach higher speeds but is limited by the track in a manner that is similar to the UK. [​IMG]
    For commuter services there is also the x31k.
    This is a commuter train operated on this line. These have a top speed of 180 kmph. Apologies for the lack of detail on this train as information was hard to find.
    [​IMG]
    Further information can be found on https://www.oresundstag.se/en/about-us/our-trains/
    Hope you liked the suggestion and if there is anything to find out please tell me.
    Edit: There is also a power change over on the Øresund bridge as it switches between the Swedish and Danish power systems

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

While having a route through Nordic countries would be great, and I would probably buy this one, I still voted for the bottom option, because I think both the scenery and rolling stock is better-looking in the two Norwegian suggestions in my signature below.

How long is the tunnel drive on this? That would be an important question to consider, as tunnels aren't that much fun to drive through. The other Øresund suggestion doesn't mention the tunnel length either I think: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/Øresundtog-helsingør-københavn-h-kastrup-malmö-c-se.45113/

3. JealousSheep768

The tunnel takes around 10 minutes to do at full speed. And tbh I would prefer a route set in northern Sweden for the snow

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I would definitely buy this, but I’d personally prefer Aalborg to Aarhus in Denmark, it’s about 80kM long, and is all diesel.
    The route runs through Rold Skov which is the biggest natural forest in Denmark, and it also has both passenger and freight services to the north and south.
    The trains used would probably be the DSB IC3, DSB/DB MZ, and then a Siemens Desiro for the Aalborg Kommune services from Aalborg to Skørping.
    Also DLC potential for the DSB IC4, and a DSB MY locomotive.

5. JealousSheep768

I would buy this instantly :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I’m glad you agree :)
    I made a post in suggestions a year or two ago, but it didn’t take off much. Hopefully it comes to TSW, but anything Danish gets my vote :)

• Like Like x 1