Could You Extend The London Paddington To Reading Line?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anonymous, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

I think it would nice to see an Extension on the London Paddington to Reading line. For example, to Swansea as this is what's displayed to us when selected a journey from the timetable. And also since it was the first ever route to be released with TSW1 not only would be a nice addition but it would also bring the joy back into playing this route

• Like Like x 1
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Extension of this route will probably only happen in sections. A better idea for extra playability would be a few loco DLCs such as Class 165/1, Class 180 and Class 57 with Mk3 Sleepers as this must be the most neglected route with only Diesel Legends as DLC since the original launch. Also some extra liveries such as FGW (pre GWR) might be nice as GWR is no longer new which might see First Group change the licensing agreement.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

I'm fiercely defensive over this route and its Railworks cousin, being the closest thing I have in these sims to a home route - they've said extensions are impossible but maybe then we should have a whole new route covering a couple of lines west out of Reading - perhaps up to Banbury or Oxford and south to Basingstoke? These are the two closest towns to which services run from Reading so it would be the next best thing to adding branch lines.

All the way to Swansea is just never happening in TSW2 - it only happened in TS/RW because of third party, non-Steam affiliated releases.

• Like Like x 1