Future Dlc Purchases

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ady.hewitt, Oct 13, 2021.

?

What will make you buy a new route ?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2021.
  1. I like to buy all additional content

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. If it looks good then I will get it

29 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I won’t buy it until I see it running on a Sony Console

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. I’m not likely to buy anything at the moment ( too mad )

42 vote(s)
    48.3%
  1. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

With all the recent issues , considering the patience that has probably now been exhausted I just wondered where this bit of the forum was .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I'm not buying anything else. I already on all dlc apart from 1 route and 2 locos. DTG cannot manage or support all this dlc as it is, they allow 3rd party developers to release broken or unfinished dlc with no fix in sight. I'm done tbh and feel really let down

• Like Like x 2
  3. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

The option I want isn’t there. I won’t buy any further DLC until I have read reviews and know that it works without issues

• Like Like x 3
  4. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I don't know, but I have a playstation 4 of the first ones, the 500 GB ones, and since they will solve the problem with update 146, I don't have any kind of problem, I had an error one day with Dresden and something happened with the last stations that gave me an error. but the tube brakes will not fail me, rapid transit always worked wonderfully for me, and even though I have the game with its 3 routes and the 41 DLCs that came out, I have everything. The problems are the same as always. The lights of the old glories of GWR, the sound of cane creek, and some occasional derailments, but my playstation is 8 years old. I'm not complaining about Dovetail, because it works well for me on an old play 4, I don't think the problem is only with dovetail.

• Like Like x 2
  5. james.caton

james.caton Member

I selected the last, why should i buy more DLC if i cant use it. I just purchased the 101 and some one told me i should delete it to get dresden to work without crashing. also im on ps5 so the dlc wont show up anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  6. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I have become hesitant I was looking forward to the new DB loco but I need to know first that it does not break the game, has no audio glitches and does not cripple my PS4 Pro if I add it to the Koln route. It's a shame. DTG has a nice toy shop, but most of the toys lose their shine once you open the box.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m definitely holding off buying anything new until the DLC and trophy issues are resolved on PS5.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Someone (me) was trying to help you at least play stuff without the 101. I also posted a follow up to tell you it was now fixed.

Forgive me for trying to. help - I promise I won't do it again.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  9. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Not going to be buying anything further from DTG until they get their act together.

This does not just mean the PS5 DLC limit issue but also the standard of the content is increased.

BML is so frustrating as it shows so much promise as a route. However considering that Rush Hour was advertised with improved passengers and 4k 60fps on PS5 and it only hits one out of the three is simply not acceptable.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I now i go to buy all the DLC. They haave 2 bad monthes, and? We forguet the 2 they have without problems. I give them a oportuniti. They Lunch 2 games and 41 DLCs, they have problems with last 3, because the 146 actualization, and now i abandon them???? Nooo. They Lunch 47 rutes and locos, 47. All good stuf. Now they have a problem and everibodi go for them. Not fair, and we dont no woos faut. Dovetail or playstation. Mii playstation 4 from 2016 500 GB, going fine, and my sun playstation pro is onli errores, the same game, and play 4, i sin is not onli Dovetail problem. Remember ciberpunk.

• Like Like x 1
  11. wongraven1

wongraven1 New Member

I selected the bottom option but I’d like to state that I’m not “mad”, more disappointed and exasperated. Thankfully, there are many other titles I can enjoy instead. Have to feel for the people who absolutely adore trains and have had to endure all this.

For me though, it’s as simple as this; no trophies, no purchase.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I have no intentions of buying new routes, none of which I like, I spent a lot of money on the season pass, I would buy 465 SE EMU and maybe TGV from France as soon as a very good discount appears on PSN

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

It would depend on the route and if I like the look of it. I will then look at how well it is made. If there are bugs, I will hold off for a few weeks/months, before having another look.

14. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I'm not buying for now. I'm not mad though. Just taking a break from the game until things get sorted out. I really enjoy the game and the recent events were taking away from that enjoyment

• Like Like x 7
  15. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Completely agree with that, especially the trophy issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Trophies are the straw that broke the camels back for me.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

I’ve always waited to buy content until it goes on sale, but that doesn’t even feel right anymore. My patience and faith in this product has lost a lot of traction during Rush Hour.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

the poll must have a I DONT GONNA BUY ANYMORE DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  19. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

Lol I agree that this should be in the poll. Verbatim, caps lock and everything.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

…on which basis I don’t believe I will be buying the 1938 Tube stock DLC anytime soon!!

• Like Like x 2
  21. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

I’m sorry after the poll has started you can’t really change the question .

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Its interesting that on playstation there have not been any sales on TSW 2 dlc or the base game for the past several weeks. Almost like Sony knows there are issues.

• Like Like x 1
  23. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I will only buy some DLC if there is a great discount on PSN, I thought it was strange because we have been without discounts on PSN for some time.

24. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Not buying any future Dlc till the expert Minds at DTG have sort out the BML issue.Uninstall both versions of BML for the interim the root cause of this appears that the PSN file 11.80gb does not match the install file which is only 6.13gb no matter how you look at it there is something severely wrong with it as normal very little feed-back from DTG & no Apology either

25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I'm also holding off/possibly done. Without trophies to go for the whole thing really doesn't have the same appeal. I know some won't understand that view but unfortunately it's how I feel about it right now. My playtime in the last couple of weeks just because of the PS5 DLC limit debacle has been drastically reduced and trophies have just compounded it. I was really quite excited for West Cornwall too

• Like Like x 6
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Everyone's entitled to their own play style, and if trophies are included then "filling the rack" is as good a reason to drive as any other
    It's a shame Sony decided to limit such things...

27. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

You and me both. Can’t even recall how many times I’ve loaded up TSW, flipped around the routes and get meh, what’s the point…

Having to restart my progress all over again was not all I thought it would be cut out to be. Really demoralized from the non stop issues associated with this game over the last 3 months. It’s exhausting.

TSW was a huge reason why I sought out a next gen console. Now I’m kind of expecting to move forward without the game.

• Like Like x 3
  28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

There's a sale on right now according to my PS4

29. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

This sums up the last few weeks for me too. I could have almost written this myself

• Like Like x 2
  30. phillipa#1949

Unless they have a black Friday sale the next one will be January

31. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I agree, not spending anymore money "Even Cornwall" until things are sorted.

DTG you have lost purchases because of what is going on. Is anyone listening AND is "Anyone" going to "Really" do anything about all of this.

Actions speak loud than the words. What seems to come off the streams, is very different to the reality. Even given up watching those now. Dangle carrot in front of the Donkey and when he goes to eat it, looks nice on the outside but filled with bugs inside!

Have to say I really like the game and even upgraded from the previous one on my PS4 Standard box. Now very disappointed with what has gone on in the last 3-4 months now.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Any tsw routes / locos Marc?

33. phillipa#1949

I Take it with the Strong views of others TSW2 Could be permanently de-railed by Christmas & sold at a Heavily reduced price this game has fallen from grace

• Like Like x 1
  34. ARuscoe

I take it you are being humorous? DTG love a sale but there's no way it will be a permanent discount

35. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I think what he means is it will be completely off the rails with no sales by Christmas. Not that it would be discounted for ever. Well that's how I read it. I do think that to get people on board again, there will have to be lots of true humble pie and some nice discounts, to get anyone to purchase anything at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ARuscoe

Not completely realistic. I imagine BML has sold fairly well even with the issues that PS5 has and the other platforms have to a lesser extent

37. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

38. phillipa#1949

It was my sarcasm talking your right they would not but TSW2 Popularity will take a huge dip if they are still sorting this mess out but saying that it could end up as free to play to entice new players one free route the rest you have to pay Assuming anyone will want to play it remember you only pay for the one off Licensees delete reinstall its your anything goes wrong with the its the developer has a duty to fix it

39. ARuscoe

This part isn't true (from what I've read several times on this and other forums).
    If something is wrong with the software then the PUBLISHER has a duty of care to the consumer. ie DTG are the ones who should be making sure that what they sell is suitable for purpose. In other words even if Rivet make a DLC, DTG are the ones who should be making sure it works before putting it to market.

If Rivet were selling direct then it would be different

40. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

I agree and feel the same. For me it isn’t that interesting anymore with the DLC limit and without the trophies.

• Like Like x 1
  41. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

I feel like they need to fix existing issues on BML, find a workaround to the dlc download and trophy limits with Sony and give us assurances that all future routes will be tested properly before release. I tried to search for a route on BML and the on-screen keyboard did not come up for example and I know that is the tip of the iceberg.

• Like Like x 2
  42. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Haven't been any on PC either.

43. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Pretty much what TSW2 on Microsoft Game Pass is doing.

44. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

45. Factor41

The in-game store is complete crap on Playstation. On my PS5, you can't even see any of the prices and when they do occasionally show up, they don't bear any resemblance to what you get when you click through!

46. ARuscoe

DTG have store issues... There's been discrepancies between "their price" and "store prices" on TS1 for years. Seems that APIs are as much an issue as everything else

47. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I have all dlc, some I really wish I hadn't wasted my pension on like Arosa and cane creek. But I haven't bought 1938 stock or db187. I feel they are slowly strangling the golden goose. Far to much dlc, I know people will say you don't have to get it all, but I could be wrong that because of the nature of the subject matter, people will be completist. The choice now of routes, trains and services I can choose is bewildering. I will never have time, or live long enough to play it all.

• Like Like x 3
  48. ARuscoe

Being completist is a choice... :)

49. Factor41

I think we're probably all guilty of picking up something new when we still have plenty left to play in the older routes - it's human nature to always be looking at what else is available. I know there are routes I've bought that I play very little or enjoy less so am now steering clear of those types (slow-going US freight, Underground etc), and there are a few German routes I'm missing because I don't see them being different enough to the RT/MSB/RSN/RRO/HRR/SKA/NDR options I already have.

After a while, it pays to be pickier just to save clogging up your menus with barely-played content that you know you won't get your money's worth from. Unless there's a half-price sale... :)

50. superkillieboy

superkillieboy Member

Thanks to DTG and Sony, this game has become unplayable. I’ve lost count how many times London commuter has crashed and sent a report off to Sony. Yes, questions must be answered and someone must be held accountable. Who in their right mind would part with their hard earned money for new content when this nonsense is going on and how can DTG justify releasing it. Issues regarding the PS community are falling on deaf ears it seems. DTG have a really great game here and when working I love playing it. Sam has been a real champion fighting the PS corner in recent weeks but I feel he’s the only one. Everyone else is just ticking the boxes. You will never hear Matt say sorry or apologise for anything in this forum or livestreams. So I’m not sorry that I won’t be purchasing anymore DLC. Just saying it how it is.

• Like Like x 3