Train Sim World 2 - Lewes Local Link

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 18, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (128).jpg Gliding across the beautiful Sussex countryside, the BR Class 313 EMU is coming to Train Sim World 2 East Coastway on the 28th of October.

Read the article here.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

About time ! Can’t wait to drive it, they heard us about the LED headlights hear hear

• Like Like x 7
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m hoping the PS5 issues are sorted by then or we are at least given the plan of action. I’ve been looking forward to the 313 for a while. Still no mention of the BR Blue livery.

I won’t buy any more DLC until this issue is fixed. The 313 will surely complicate issues on London Commuter with FPS and crashes, so hopefully those issues are addressed in time too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And GSM-R is again lit up... hopefully this means it lights up in game

• Like Like x 2
  6. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Glad DTG sorted out that Passenger Information Screen on the front of the Train :)

7. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Odd to see one as far east as Eastbourne. What's the occasion?

• Like Like x 3
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Since this train was almost certainly developed in conjunction with or with overlap from the excellent Cathcart 314, which even the most ardent nit-pickers have found few faults with, this should be a very good train; and certainly will add some needed variety to ECW.

• Like Like x 10
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope the sound mixing is right so that it’s loud enough in the cab (especially with windows open) and outside on the platform.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

The BR Blue livery sadly is unlikely to be included, but hopefully it won't harm what looks to be a nice DLC. My bank account won't be happy with WCL also coming soon!

• Like Like x 2
  11. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Looks Good.
    Hopefully not too many bugs.
    Mike.:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Very excited about this one coming out. The 314 was excellent, and I can’t wait to add this to my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Interesting to see the 313 at Eastbourne despite them not going there on a regular basis...
    They did do Ore runs occasionally, but predominantly on the seafords, Lewes and west coastway

• Like Like x 1
  14. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

I wonder if the 313 will have interior scrolling pis

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Should do , it would add realism if dtg could make it at least 3 stations behind where you are

• Like Like x 2
  16. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

So will the Lewes services and Seaford services become exclusive to 313? Or maybe some of them? I hope the substitution issue can finally get resolved so I can keep my progress.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Coastway trainspotter

The 313 will operate almost all the seaford and Lewes services , with a few exceptions . Nearly all the Eastbourne services will be operated by the 377

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I wish I could say it looks markedly different from every other emu on the UK rail system, but I'm afraid I just don't see it. I wish we could get some real locos or at least something that looks distinctive like, for example, the Class 76 for Woodhead.

(I realize that, to British eyes, American locos look very similar. That's why we need vintage locos like the F7 or a Centipede for HSC for instance, which, unfortunately, we're not going to get.)

I never thought I'd say this, but TSW is threatening to become rather boring if we don't start to get something new and exciting. Maybe steam will be the savior that delivers us from the dullness.

Just my take, of course. Have a great day!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Good to see the Headlight issue you guys had was corrected 444399E6-6753-4CD2-BDC1-77A6788A2E6D.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  20. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

This old loco is a beauty, which I can't wait to drive her next week.

21. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m more a fan of German trains, but I’ve been enjoying East Coastway andLondon Brighton recently. As the DB 187 ended up as a non purchase, hopefully this will make up for it. It looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

With the risk of repeating myself does the 313 mean the missing Lewes - Eastbourne services could be included as well? As it's only a 3-car formation it can't just substitute to the Seaford ones, so... ;)

And if we would want to, would we still be able to drive a Seaford bound service with a 377?

• Like Like x 1
  23. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Will the BR313 have BR185 sounds? ;)

• Like Like x 9
  24. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Smashing out yet more DLC before fixing the core product. Typical DTG and screw the customer experience.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

All things considered, we have a fairly small variety of British multiple units

• 1 First Generation
      • Class 101
    • 5 Second Generation
      • 2 BREL 1972 Design PEPs
        • Class 313
        • Class 314
      • 1 Mark 3 unit
        • Class 150
      • 2 Networkers
        • Class 166
        • Class 465
    • 4 Modern Third Generation
      • 3 Electrostars (4 if including the 377/1)
        • Class 375
        • Class 377
        • Class 387
      • 1 Hitachi AT300
        • Class 395
    That's only really 6 'flavours' of units. We have no pre-nationalisation units, no first-generation electric units (no Mk1 or 2 units), we will only have one Mark 3 unit, which is quite a bit different from the Electric Units. As for the third generation, we only have Electrstars and a single AT300 (which is a fair bit different from the newer 80Xs). We have no Aventras, FLIRTs, Civitys, Desiros, Coradias, Voyagers etc, etc.

I think it's less of them all being similar but more that we have barely scratched the surface of British multiple units. To be fair that probably applies to all types of trains in the 'Big 3'. Yes, they have had the most attention in terms of add-ons but there is still so much more to explore.

There is definitely a lot of unique rolling stock which would inject some interesting variety such as the Class 76 (as you mention) which ran almost exclusively on the Woodhead Line after a short career on the Great Eastern Main Line.

• Like Like x 3
  26. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This not available for xbox one and PS4 player's ?. Or will there be a simplified time table so the 313 could be used. Am guessing can be used in journey planner

Or will PS4 , Xbox one players get access to the 313 on East coast way ?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Doomotron

How is everybody feeling about it being at Eastbourne? I don't really care - it's hardly the most unrealistic thing in the world - but some are less than enthusiastic about it.
    It's quite ironic that you say that, since the 313 is hardly being 'smashed out' and the 314 was a near-perfect train anyway. I certainly can't think of any bugs, although the carriage doors not closing is a bit annoying.
    I think this is a case of TSW being relatively new. The variety we have in Train Simulator is down to its age - people have been making stuff for it since 2007 - and the ease of third party development. Eventually there will be a lot of variety, but we're just not there yet. I remember in TS the Glasgow Airport Rail Link using First Great Western HSTs as AI!
    It will be available on PS4 and Xbox One, just the London to Brighton services will only be on newer systems and PC.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Re-read my comment. I didn't state anything about the 314.... I was talking about their core game engine which is currently broken on consoles, especially Xbox Series consoles, which we can't fix by dropping it back to the Xbox One version due to Smart delivery, so we are stuck with the game randomly and frequently dropping the cabs into low res textures modes.

It's been broken since Rush Hour was released and we've had numerous broken promises of a fix within every patch, using the whole Q&A pushing it back. Which lets be frank doesn't happen as 99% of their products don't see Q&A until it's released and we do it for them.

So with this being the 7th piece of content in 9 weeks, that's what I call cashing in before announcing that something bad is going to happen in the coming month, think we've already seen that with the PS trophy issue.

• Like Like x 3
  29. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

TSW definitely needs more Variety. Part of the reason people stay on TS Classic is because of the Massive Variety of Stock. Most of what you listed: First Gen Electrics, Desiros, Coradias, Voyagers, AT300, Etc is all in TS Classic. In fact, the only loco Exclusive to TSW I know is not in TS Classic is...... Yes, I can't even name one. On top of that, the TS Classic Community has made Third Party Locos like the Desrio City for TS Classic. The only loco you listed in your graph that is not officially in TS Classic is Class 314, which was made by Armstrong Powerhouse. TS Classic has all the AT300 Units in Service, all the Voyagers, most of the Desiros, most of the Coradias, most of the InterCity Trains, most of the First Generations etc. Most of which have been released after the initial Release of TSW in 2017, such as the AP First Generation EMU. With TSW, dovetail has been reusing stock (DLOGW, which used locos that are all available separately) and 2 of the 3 Rush Hour Routes are copies of their TS Classic Counterparts. Last year, with TSW2, every route we got that was bundled with the game, was brand new never featured before (except SPG, which was featured in TSW2020 3 Years Earlier, but was never in TS Classic). In fact I have a graph of routes that are already in TS Classic (sometimes years) before TSW:

UK
    Isle of Wight - TS Classic had this as early as 2008 (in RailSimulator)
    * Southeastern High Speed - TS Classic had a Version (which had the Sheerness Branch and the line to Victoria + a heavy amount of Loco DLC plus a merge that Combines London Victoria - Faversham with St Pancras to Faversham and extends to Dover and a number of other things TSW lacks) had this as early as 2013 (bundled with TS14)
    * Great Western Express - TS Classic had this way back in 2007 and had more trains, more track, etc and ten years later JustTrains made a version that goes to Penzance, Cardiff, etc on top of the London to Oxford Line. It comes with, by standard, the Class 166 in FGW Dynamic Lines, FGW Corporate, and NSE Liveries, HST in FGW Dynamic Lines, FGW Corporate, InterCity Blue, and InterCity Swallow, the Class 47 in so many liveries I can't remember, plus all the rest of the Content in the European Loco and Asset Pack, whereas TSW has London to Reading with the Class 166 in GWR Livery, Class 43 HST in GWR Livery, and Class 66 in DB Livery. Yes, the 166/43 do have an FGW Livery on PC with mods, yes DLOGW exists, but all of those locos exist in TS Classic
    * Brighton Main Line - The 3rd Rush Hour Route already existed in TS Classic as far back as TS12. And the TS12 version had the 377 as Default, with many DLC locos
    * Bakerloo Line - Existed in TS Classic from a 3rd Party Dev Group, who also made the WCMLS before Dovetail
    * West Cornwall Local: A much bigger and better version from JustTrains has existed for like 5 Years
    * Class 313 - Existed for literal years at this point
    * DLOGW Class 101 - Existed as early as December 2021
    * DLOGW Class 52 - Existed as early as April 2014
    * DLOGW Class 08 - Could not find exact date, but found a livery add-on (remember those) from the RailSimulator Days
    * Class 40 - Existed since 2016
    * Class 33 - Existed since 1st of August 2012
    * Class 31 - Existed since 2009 (again)
    * Class 20 - Existed since as early as 2014
    * WSR: Existed since 2013

And that is just for the UK Content ALONE. The Only UK routes exclusive to TSW are Cathcart Circle, Part of Tees Valley, and Northern Trans-Pennine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, and it just keeps growing. I mean, just look at that list I put, 7 out of those 10 units have come since the launch of TSW2. I am certainly very excited to see what the next batch of UK add-ons will bring.

• Like Like x 2
  31. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

an pre nationalisation 3rd rail unit would be bloody brilliant, but good luck getting sounds for one of them haha

• Like Like x 1
  32. Doomotron

I know you were talking about the game itself, I was just saying the 314 was practically fault-free and the 313 would likely (and hopefully) be as well, and I found it ironic you were complaining about glitches on a thread about a glitch-free train. It was a joke.

33. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

And people said nothing changes from the first screenshots.

• Like Like x 8
  34. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think maybe given some of the recent backlash, DTG are listening very carefully to the community. On the West Cornwall stream, Matt seemed on top of issues, advising Jasper to make notes. Now Matt is in his new position, maybe he has more sway and is eager to do right by the community - after all, we are the ones playing the game. If we’re not happy, we are not going to play it.

• Like Like x 5
  35. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

That may be why they decided to listen this time.

36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What's wrong with it before?

37. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

The headlights weren’t LED

38. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they not recycled the 314 sounds, that want be annoying

• Like Like x 1
  39. Coastway trainspotter

Those sounds be recycled won’t I think , AP hopefully make this sounds

• Like Like x 1
  40. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

When they previewed Cathcart Matt did say the 314 sounds different to what the 313 due to different traction systems I believe. So pretty sure they will be different.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

They should be slightly different, like the 395 running on AC and DC. 314 is AC while the 313 is DC.

42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

is there a picture to show?

43. Doomotron

In the first 313 article.

44. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I can understand your point of view, and I respect that, but if DTG indeed want to create an immersive train sim, then they should rightly release rolling stock that is a fundamental part of the real-life route - whether that pleases everyone or not. In this case, having the East Coastway without the 313 is like bread without butter, especially when the train runs only on two routes (the other being West Coastway in real life). Plus, again, I understand people arguing against more SE England third-rail DLC, but on the positive it rightly gives added layers to existing UK routes in-game and provides opportunity for an interconnected network between routes.

Overall, I think the joy of TSW 2 is that with the abundance of DLC now and in the future means people can choose whether such a loco and/or route is for them.

Personally, while not currently realistic, I think on TSW 2 this is acceptable. It provides opportunity to make the most out of the 313 at least with some varied gameplay as opposed to driving just to Seaford and Lewes - my favourite services on ECW are to Eastbourne so I'm pleased.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Doomotron

Personally I'm fine with minor time inaccuracies, like the power station on RSN. It's a use of the artistic license and I don't think it's something to complain about. Train Simulator had far bigger time inaccuracies and nobody seems to complain about that. And after all, a 313 at Eastbourne isn't massively unrealistic. I have been told that the 313s are banned from going to Eastbourne and beyond, but take that with a huge grain of salt - I doubt it completely.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Do you think we will get an update for East Coastway, on the Tuesday before it releases fixing some stuff like changing the AWS Ramps to green?

• Like Like x 2
  47. ARuscoe

no, but it might happen (I'll go round up the flying pigs)

• Like Like x 2
  48. Coastway trainspotter

Is the east Coastway in TS ?

49. Doomotron

No, although I think it is in MSTS.

• Like Like x 1
  50. ARuscoe

No, only BML is in TS1. Next closest on the south coast is Portsmouth to Waterloo

• Helpful Helpful x 1