187 New Sounds

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tibomatthijs, Oct 17, 2021.

1. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Saw a video, sound mod for the BR187
    It sounds quite good, so i hope DTG can get intouch with the modder and use it so that console players get better sounds too!

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Is that mod downloadable yet?

• Like Like x 1
  3. tibomatthijs

Not sure, i only saw that video and there is no link so...

4. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I Hope the Modder gets in contact with DTG or skyhook, so that they can Release the better Sound for everyone

• Like Like x 2
  5. tibomatthijs

I hope that too, its a great loco but the sounds are horrible. Lot of people are making new sounds etc so DTG can use them if they want to

• Like Like x 1
  6. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

8. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

9. KoeleKoen

I'd hold off till skyhook brings their own patch, the enhancement pack and sound mod make it a lot better but there's still a ton of bugs such as: no brake pipe pressure on mfd, lzb non functional on mfd, pzb flashing light is white square, afb does not obey set max tractive effort (always gives 100%) and afb can't be activated while driving, wrong light setup (no major gameplay bug but if you state on the store page it's authentic like the real deal I expect you to get stuff like this right) When switching cab with pzb active it gives a permanent 1000hz cause it thinks you're reversing, etc etc

• Like Like x 3
  10. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

In general, I like this loco, only buged AFB is functional problem, that bothers me. Hope that fix arrive soon with others (minor problems).
    Sound mod is good, but only for PC users, without real experiece one can get use to fictional sounds. Real based sound are quest of time.
    I'm OK with my decision to buy this addon.

11. cadeshr6s

Somebody told me that the White PZB Indicators are right

• Like Like x 1
  12. KoeleKoen

Hmm any documentation on that? Would have been handy if we had some sort of book... What did they call it.. I believe... Man.. ual..

13. cadeshr6s

Somebody who Drive the BR 187 in real Life posted it in the comments unser a YouTube Video

14. KoeleKoen

Hm interesting... The only white square i know on pzb is befehl 40...

15. cadeshr6s

Yeah I know but I think even If its wrong they should Focus in the big Problems

16. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi... What special case about this DLC locomotive!

First of all I wants to mention, I decided to purchase it just a launch time last Thursday!.
    Even with the now "famous sound issue", which was noticed on the Australian stream before the locomotive be available.

Why?

First of all, due to I likes this new generation Traxx locomotive very much, and I also like German routes and trains (including freights).

Second, due to I believed sound issue should be fixed in the future by an update.
    Sound it is important, but for me priority is design and use of the train.
    Then I can wait for the promised sound update when they can record on real train, or what other people have already made, including the ones of the BR 185. Hope DTG or Skyhook contact them as mentioned above in order we have a quick intermediate solution, until we have the definitive real BR 187 sounds, as covid pandemic is fortunately seems to being passing.

Third, this locomotive apart from the different design it has different operation comparing with Traxx 2 models, with different type of brakes, including the one command for acceleration and braking.

Fourth, it also have different secondary screen for set up.
    This it has a different design, and it is also located at the right of the main central one.
    Note: as on this side we also have the TSW2 HUD, sometimes you have to move the view more to the right side, but it is not a big issue.

Special Note: Light configuration: I noticed several people it have problems with it, but if you clearly understand what is explained in the Tutorial there is no problem at. I have already used the locomotive on several routes and no problem at all.
    Even in "solo" mode, so I had made the set up for both the front white and red rear lights easily.
    This also make also special this locomotive. "Special procedure for the lights set up".
    Note: When you start the cabin - using the panel at the back of the driver seat -it always turn the cabin lights on.
    Is this like on the real locomotive works?
    It is strange. Cabin light might be turn on separately with the corresponding switch on the driver desk

Sixth: I used PZB most of my runs, without problems.
    I noticed others have reported some issues about it, but I do not experience most of the time.
    I had some exceptional unexpected activation but It was not clear if I missed something.
    Most of the time it worked ok.

Seventh: regarding AFB I used just one time, and I noticed if you have the throttle in high values, then it will generate wheel spin.
    But this is a freight locomotive, so may be this could be "normal" and depending with the weight of the "towed" freight cars.
    I have used AFB mainly on ICE3, and sometimes you have also to modify the accelerator and / or braking in order to get the right speed at the speed limit change.

Some "details" I noticed on this locomotive, that must be fixed:
    Numbers: This locomotive it comes with several different numbers. Nice

a) But some of them it have the "187" ones, on light white - at the front and back of the locomotive- , but the other 3 identification numbers are in darker color,
    All of the six numbers must be in the same white color. If this is due to be dirty then all of them must have similar appareance.

b) On several locomotives... the numbers at the front and back are different from the ones at side on the frame!
    Evan on some cases it is different the number at the left with the one at the right!

Finally I will mention things that I do not liked, but related to DTG or Skyhook not the locomotive itself:

- As other members have mentioned, apart from the Scenarios, the timetables does not use the extra yards available on Koln - Aachen route!
    Furthermore there is also not static freight cars on the route either.
    As PS4 owner, I have not noticed any performance issue running the Scenarios with all of those trains.
    So then this can be done for the timetable too.

- Consists available for Scenario Planner: this is really poor.
    Just a 17 mixed freight cars and just the locomotive alone!
    I have purchased the BR 155 and there are lot of different kinds of freight trains available.
    So the same can be applicable for the BR 187

I understand that if sound is a really main issue for other community members, then this locomotive is not worth it for them.

Of course, I hope it will an update be available -as soon as possible - for this locomotive, including fixes for the mentioned issues, and the ones other members could find and report here.

So in resume, despite of all the issues, I am really enjoying this locomotive, and I am not regretted to have bought it

Here some pictures about the numbers issues: Please also notice the space between them is not the same.

TSW2 - BR 187 - NUMBERS 2.jpg TSW2 - BR 187 - NUMBERS 3.jpg TSW2 - BR 187 - NUMBERS 1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  17. cadeshr6s

I Just reposted what somebody told me

18. grdaniel48

FD1003 Thanks for your reply and explanations

Please notice I not mean to say to anyone go ahead and purchase the 187 despite the problems it has!
    Just mentioned my experience and my preferences. I am not trying to convince anyone about it is fine.
    There is no doubt about this model - and others, and even routes - it have problems and issues, but it is up to everyone to decide to purchase it or not.

As to your points I did not - exactly- knows how each locomotive exactly works, or its procedures.
    I have just being following the tutorials + streaming instructions and information. There has been delays about the manuals availability too.

1 Light: for me was reasonable the steps needed to set the lights:
    A- Turn on the main switch on the panel behind the driver seat
    B- Select the switch on the driver desk to the desired light type.
    Up here it was like other german locomotives.
    C- Is the new one, which you must be careful and follow the instructions on videos.

2 - AFB as mentioned I did not use it very often.
    I prefer to handle the train manually, so it will be more interesting and challenging.
    Despite of that I understand if the "behaviour" of the locomotive it is that way causing continues wheel slip it annoying.
    I drove yesterday on snow conditions - manually - and I had to take care about the throttle.
    But I could managed the situation with patient and handling it with care, in order to avoid it.
    It takes more time but the train increase the speed finally without that effect.

3- I will check your post about PZB. Thanks about it.
    What I noticed is using this system, it activates as soon as you reach 105 kph, despite at the cabin there is a "Max speed 140 kph" sign.
    I do not know if this is as the real locomotive due to it is freight, or is another wrong set up?

19. KoeleKoen

The lights issue has nothing to do with setting them up, skyhook modeled/programmed it wrong, irl you can have all 5 lights shining white, bright and reduced are seperate bulbs, skyhook just made the regular ones shine brighter
    187 123.jpg this is how regular lights are supposed to be, notice how in game it always uses top ones instead of bottom ones, top ones are the bright ones irl

• Like Like x 2
  20. grdaniel48

Koelekoen
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have noticed that on pictures on the real locomotive. That it is another issue about it!
    But it is strange the main lights looks to be "bulb" type ones, instead of the modern LEDs they have above.

Really do not understand how Skyhook - but also DTG as the creator of TSW2 so they must check all DLCs even not made by them - has launched this locomotive with so many errors!

As mentioned before I purchased it due to main complain before launch time was not real sound.
    I believed this will be fixed later, - as it happened with other locomotives launched previously - , but now there are lot of issues ( I also mentioned some new ones too ).

Hope all be fixed soon!
    DTG must work on Skyhook about it.
    Image and sales of both companies is or will be affected.

• Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and when the COVID-19 Pandemic is over Skyhook Games should get Permission from Deutsche Bahn at Rangierbahnof Koln Gremberg or Koln Kalk for the correct DB BR187 sounds. That way they can replicate what Armstrong Powerhouse Did go to the actual train then get the sounds. Here's a video of what I'm talking about

22. grdaniel48

Here there is more examples of the issues with the numbers of BR 187 I have noticed:

- All numbers must be in the same exact color... but as you can see on several cases 187 it has lighter color than the other 3 digits identifying the specific unit.

- The space between the numbers it is not always the same, as it must be

- Numbers at the side, are different from the front and back numbers of the locomotive.

BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 3 -2 .JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 3.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 2.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 1.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 4.JPG

23. grdaniel48

More pictures

BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 7.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 6.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 5.JPG BR187 - NUMBERS BAD 4 -2.JPG