Poll In Light Of London Commuter Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sheldon1000, Oct 8, 2021.

1. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Depends on what those problems are and how and WHEN they tested them... As I say, I believe that the route is not tested in release state (I'd bet quite a bit of money on it)

• Like Like x 1
  2. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Cosmetics like lights etc aren't really the issue are they, I mean we still can't complete all of the scenarios due to the errors in the DLC. Actual working content is far more important, the rest is just fluff for anoraks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. ARuscoe

To some people they are... I had some quote line and verse on exactly when the class 37s based at Laira got the red stripe painted at the bottom of the main body. The point is that these things are raised and proof given and DTG can either provide the dev time or not

Agreed these are class C issues where broken journey mode timetables are class A, but for my mind those shoudl never make it out of a final test before release anyway. It seems (and was basically confirmed on stream last night) that QA and Beta testing are not being used on the finished route but during development, which means that the final product is basically untested in the form we're buying it, and that really IS an issue

4. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

Those people (might once have been called ‘anoraks’ and) need to remember this is a simulation, not a historical depiction of record! There are other things to be fixed before lights or paint. Not that those shouldn’t be fixed. Personally I’d prefer being able to complete scenarios without crashing, or waiting forever at a red light

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

And those things should be assigned to the relevant timetable devs.
    What are the train design teams doing whilst they wait for the other teams to do their thing?

6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I th
    Información the same, so i agreed with you. But dont understand with PC, thei have not problems, and the game is out at same time. Curiose and expansive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

Not curious really. The game is built on UE on PC, and therefore when they build it they crack the main problems out in the build process (in theory). Porting this over to a console version of UE would then have it's own set of issues, and of course the OS of the consoles is different to that of the PCs, and it would seem that the OS on PS is causing it's own set of issues.

Of course there are also complications with the game stores, how uploads work etc etc as well and each has it's own distinct issues (and problems)

• Like Like x 1