In Cab Visual Deterioration (series X - Post Patch)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pinxtonpaws, Aug 19, 2021.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Look how terrible the ACS-64 is everyone and specially TrainSim-Matt
    None is fixing as promised.
    Yes i have updated the Game plus the 187 and 1938

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

GWE

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes it's annoying that you've got some small flickers present and the signal aspect text is a bit poor, but at least it's playable now which it wasn't before.

I suggest you either a.) Stop playing until it's fully fixed if they can. b.) Live with it, as it's only minor now.

This is what you used to get.....
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulSpotlessUdonSSSsss-uCl-nFEhASKZf1h-

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s the same as before.
    That’s Game Breaking

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Sorry, but it is not resolved. I've rebooted the console and re-launched the game (after quitting before the reboot). The only thing that has improved is no blurring on the speed displays/dials inside the cab. The flickering and texture refresh is just the same as before the patch. Perhaps the flickering/texture refresh need more work and should have been more clearly split out in terms of issues to fix.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well we must be playing different games then. Yes I get texture flickers, but that's been present in TSW since it came out, it's never been fixed.

The texture refresh issue, while it happens rarely for me now, it's no where near as bad as it was yesterday, I might get a split second of low res, but it reloads to full on high res again very quickly, which it didn't do before, it would just stay low res.

8. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Perhaps a difference between series S and X? :)

I will try on XCloud later on as they're using series Xs there I think.

9. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’ve got two series X consoles and I’m getting the intermittent move to low res graphics and flickering text without any change of camera so unfortunately it is not resolved. After last nights stream I’m going to try and move most of my DLC to my memory card and then remove from the machine. I’m just wondering that as I have all DLC apart from the latest two trains if loading everything into memory as Matt described would have any impact. Unsure why it would but as some have no issues now maybe it is worth trying.

10. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Still reloading on Series X (London-Brighton), perhaps a tad less often than before but definitely still there. At least the dials did not stay blurry as already reported. Remained within driving cab throughout.

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The only thing that could POSSIBLY be different between my Series X and yours, is that I'm in the Xbox Preview programme running the Alpha Skip ahead ring version.

I will be streaming again later and will extensively test further like I did on SEHS earlier on other routes, but like I say, I'm not getting nearly as many issues as I did yesterday (where it was unplayable).

This was my post patch test run on SEHS (which gave me the most issues) - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1181872732

12. maz_62

maz_62 Active Member

I’m also in the Alpha Skip ahead but wouldn’t have described the game as unplayable previously. For me the issues with in cab text and the jump in and out of low res are less frequent but still happening

I had an update yesterday and am running Version 1.1.10204.0. Moving most of the DLC onto my Seagate memory card and then removing that from the console has significantly reduced game startup time but as anticipated has no effect on the actual game performance.

Everything is playable, but these graphical issues that were not present before the game update a few months ago, are annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We appreciate that it's frustrating today's patch hasn't resolved the texture glitch for all users. We have made sure the team are aware that this is still unresolved for a significant amount of you. Those of you who have provided us with images/videos and details about what route and machine you use, this is very helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

What route, time of day and rolling stock and I'll test on my stream later.

15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I've just done a run in the 166 semi fast from Reading to Paddington - No issues apart from issues that have been present in GWE since it's original release.

16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

My videos was from the TGV with the right Display got flickering always and that the graphic load again, and the worse glitches was from the ACS-64 on Boston Sprinter.
    I drive later the Electro Stars like the 377 and 387 and can create videos as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Dude the texture flickering has been part and parcel of TSW since it's release on Xbox.

18. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

Sorry but no, before the rush hour update I had not flickering textures in cab, in the scenery yes but not in cab or much much less.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I can assure you that there's been texture flickering in cabs for most of TSW's life. Most notably the AWS sunflower on the HST and 166.

Then it was most of the ICE trains had issues with flickering around the right hand side of the cab.

Then the AWS on the Class 47, 37, 40 and the 20's.

Yes the issues went away (about 6 months ago) and yes they all came back with the UE4.26 update, but to say the issues never existed before is not correct.

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

No it was not before rush hour.
    I have played over 800 Hours in TSW 2 since August 2020 and all was perfect before the update to Rush hour and 4.26 unreal engine

• Like Like x 5
  21. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yes that’s alright, Cab was always fine and working before the 4.26 unreal Engine.
    Objects or Signals since the beginning flickering outside

• Like Like x 4
  22. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

That's impressive. I have loads of videos on my Youtube of old runs in both TSW and TSW2 where you can watch flickering in cabs to your hearts content.

23. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

I just took a look and saw nothing but maybe could you share such a video which would show that ?

24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I even played TSW 2020 again and all is well on the entire cockpit

• Like Like x 1
  25. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Ah well maybe I was wrong. I remember why I took a break from these forums now.

I best go off and enjoy life again.

While I might not be right, and might be wrong, I've played the game since Day 1 on the OG Xbox, and know for a fact that textures flickering has always been a part of TSW, if you choose not to believe me, that's up to you, but now I'll wish you farewell.

Enjoy moaning over SMALL texture flickering issues. The issues on Series X are nowhere near what you're claiming is still present. If you wish to stop by my stream later, you'll catch a glimpse of flickering with the VERY occasional low res cab pop, but NO WHERE near as bad as it was yesterday.

26. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Just to add in, This texture cab did not occur for me before the unreal core update. Since then, the cab texture glitch and low resolution text problems have been a fairly consistent issue. I also never had this issue in TWS2020. Seems like this is a fairly strange glitch though with different results for different players. Maybe you were the one guy with this issue before the core updates, and since today's update you're the only player who's game has been fixed?
    For me this update has definitely made it less of an occurance, but it is still there as of today's patch. For you, it may be a small issue. For others it is ruining their gameplay experience.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I hadn't played since Rush Hour came out because of the issue with bugs etc. Today has allowed me to enjoy the BML (which was the first rush hour route I played) with minimal issues.

28. A Big Chungus

Good, it seems then for a few of us today's patch has made a definite improvement, whereas for others it has not made much of one at all. For me it definitely needs another patch to fix, but it is definitely occurring at a less frequent rate.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

The sporadic texture flash is down to the xbox builds using DX12, or a subset of DX12, thus happens on PC if we append -DX12 on steam, the way we fix this on PC is by an .ini tweak, which disables texture streaming.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

I'm not so sure but my theory is that Series X users are experiencing texture drops because of the added layers. I am gonna test my routes in around half an hour.

31. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

This can be summarized quite simply. All the tracks, all the locomotives. There is a general problem that the graphics (textures?) keep deteriorating and then rebuilding. This is not limited to one track or loco, it is in the whole game (Xbox Series X for me).

• Like Like x 3
  32. Yorkshirelad

Read my message

33. Class158Perkinsguy

Sorry mate but I don't understand DX12. I'm quite thick when it comes to software/ consoles in general.

34. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Let's not mix two problems with each other now. Texture flickering can be caused by a variety of reasons. I have been playing TSW ever since the "Founders Edition" (e.g. early access) days on Xbox, and there have always been some flickering textures here and there - nothing major, mind you.

However, the current issue where the in-cab textures completely reload from time to time, therefore going blurry and back, is new, and it's something the UE 4.26 upgrade introduced on Xbox. This was never a problem before, but it is an issue ever since, even after today's patch.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

Yeah,the glitching is still there (Series X) but it happens much less than it used to - and with no blurry after effects.
    It's more of a bodge job than a full on fix.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Thank you for backing me up on this. Maybe someone might actually stop peddling their minor texture flickering as a HUGE GRAPHICAL BUG!

• Like Like x 2
  37. t.reizner35

t.reizner35 Active Member

I played Augsburg Munich and Dresden Riesa the issue with the reloading textures is still there on Series X but I have to say its way less than it was before. So game play is a bit smoother. Still not perfect but ok. Also Natalie confirmed that the issue is not fully resolved. So we have to wait for another update but thats ok so far.

38. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Basically Xbox Series' consoles run games in DX12 mode, where as Xbox One S/X run it in DX11 mode. The issue appears to be in the Unreal Engine 4.26 update when using DX12.

39. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

I know I'm late to the party but can confirm that the issue is still there but is occurring nowhere near as often (Series X)

I did notice that sometimes the texture reload is barely noticeable (SEHS) and other times it lasts for around a second (BML)

Definitely an improvement but hopefully it can be fully fixed soon

• Like Like x 1
  40. A Big Chungus

Agreed, played quite a bit more tonight, I had the whole cab reload it's textures maybe a handful of times during the evening, and the odd flickering text inside the cab, but it definitely was less prevalent, and it was almost like a "blink and you'd miss it" thing with the cab refresh. Though I'm not sure if that actually is more annoying, as it happens quick enough for you to think "Hang on, what was that?"
    This was on the Series X console.

41. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

This tells me today's patch wasn't really a fix (it didn't eliminate the root cause), only some kind of workaround that doesn't prevent the texture glitch from happening, only tries to mitigate the effect. Kind of like when you don't cure the illness, only suppress the symptoms. If the fix was real then this wouldn't ever be any issue anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  42. A Big Chungus

More of a band aid over a bigger problem. Patching over some but not all of the cracks. But hey, optimism right? A step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Yorkshirelad

DX12 is the rendering API, which has less overheads than DX11 (Which if im correct the Gen 8 versions and PC use)

44. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

Why are you so invested in whether or not other people have bugs? Just because it doesn’t affect you or you aren’t bothered by it, doesn’t mean it isn’t affecting others or is potentially game breaking for them. It’s weird that you’re in this thread debating people about what they see with THEIR eyes, on THEIR machines.

If people just ignore it and never speak up, the problem will never be identified and fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  45. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I too have had texture issues but it does happen less. Clearly this was a bandaid instead of a full fix. I play on series x.

It still is quite annoying to be honest

• Like Like x 2
  46. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Yeah the ACES flickering has not changed but overall I'd say 80-90% fixed.

47. fl991r

fl991r Member

Same experience. Ran a full journey in the Javelin on SEHS and only noticed two tiny flickers, nothing like what it was before. Series X

48. Class158Perkinsguy

Thanks

49. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

The AC64 shows no improvement, I checked and game updated on Series X 20/10/21 but exactly as it was before. The signal approaching display flickers and 2 indicators on left of dash constantly flicker, its like Blackpool Illuminations

• Like Like x 4
  50. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

But the texture flickering wasn't part of what they were trying to fix. The cab de-res was higher on the list which they've fixed on the most part.

I'm sure they'll get round to the flickering textures a bit further down the line.