Train Sim World 2 - Calling At Cornwall

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Oct 15, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Just because it's the year 2021AD doesn't mean everything will be smooth sailing.

We've been around for thousands upon thousands of years, and (modern) technology has only really picked up in the last 2, 3 decades.

They've been testing for a while now (hence how DTG have given Rivet a list of things to look at, and a few things (like the door sounds being wrong on the 1sy preview) have been fixed already), and it's always possible that has just cropped up last minute.

To take this back to the "it's 2021!" arguement, How wasn't modern technology developed until (in the overall timescale of humanity) recently?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

They have no obligation to keep us informed about specific issues on something not yet available for purchase. Speaking for myself I’d also prefer not to know. It’s better they fix problems without us ever getting to know about them than anything else really.

• Like Like x 4
  3. screamfan

screamfan Member

So the fact that the dlc is already available on several platforms and that DTG realizes the bugs at the last moment everything is completely normal? This is not the first DLC from Rivet Games, however, this DTG / Rivet cooperation is a complete mess, just look at the bugs of Arosa never fixed.
    If you don't mind good for you, I was planning to buy this DLC but I will finally keep my money.

• Like Like x 2
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

If it's issues unique to the route or potential issues that may affect future DLC's or the game itself, I'd like to know what they are before I put my hand in my pocket to pay for them. "Unexpected issues" could be anything from the 150 is blurred at a certain speed or the route add on breaks other routes, I'd like to know

• Like Like x 3
  5. furiousbigface

furiousbigface Member

After what's been going on with the Rush Hour routes lately, I think DTG needed to delay this if required. They said that on the stream last night about holding back third party releases if required. Better spending more time on the release than it being broken. Too much going on lately with the game being unstable, memory, etc. It's time to review how much content is released during the year and the time spent creating and testing on it. Otherwise it's a fantastic game, I've been playing it for 2 years on PS4, upgraded to PS5 and have currently only the content I mainly play on installed. Looking forward to West Cornwall, but I can wait.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nielsen

But you won’t be able to buy it before it has been fixed. It’s been pulled back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trainsimplayer

As I say; things can pop-up at the last moment.

And anyway, the only people who have it are people in earlier timezones, and on console, as well as Youtubers with early access.

I don't see any point going on a boycott when they're clearing fixing the issue, rather than release with this issue.

I can almost guarantee this thread would lose its (mostly) positive tone if they shipped it like that. No?

• Like Like x 1
  8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

once again to unpatient customers and after releases rants..:

Now they can fix and add whatever it is, in the case now with even a delay of the release. Im glad they dont push out something broken.

We expect quality & this kind of decisions clearly goes into that direction.

• Like Like x 5
  9. marcsharp2

Christ on a bike, if this is gonna be a regular issue I'd like to know so I can decide whether or not to buy it. Is that simple enough?

• Like Like x 3
  10. mike71089zeon

mike71089zeon Member

So the route is actually delayed? Or Am I just misreading the article? The first bit said they were going to hold the release as planned. Then it says the release will be announced later.

• Like Like x 2
  11. trainsimplayer

Well they can't really tell you.

The fix could prove a long and hard thing to make, or a nice and simple fix that'll only be a couple of weeks.

If it's fairly simple, the issue will likely be gone.
    If it's not, you'll have a nice bug with your DLC.

Basically, they can't really say "oh yeah it'll be like this" when it's still up in the air.

• Like Like x 1
  12. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Obviously they aren’t obligated to tell us, but it would still be nice to know so that we aren’t completely left in the dark

• Like Like x 5
  13. Nielsen

Over the past few months we have been plagued by glaring bugs and issues that somehow saw the light of day, and to an extent where DTG had to host a Q&A on the topic yesterday. Then they finally catch a serious problem before release, and suddenly members of the community are interested in knowing the details. Frankly I’m puzzled. I’m quite certain that the whole point of holding it back is to prevent further emphasis on negativity. Maybe it’s just me, but again, I’m glad they caught the problem so we didn’t get to worry about it in any capacity.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  14. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

They cant win can they, they release DLC with game breaking bugs people moan, they delay release on discovery of what I can only imagine is a game breaking issue, people moan and say they wont buy it once its released (which makes zero sense).

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Although I certainly was excited for the October 21st release, I am happy to see if they have found bugs or issues that they are delaying it. It showed off wonderfully in the preview stream and I know a lot of people are looking forward to it, and I’m glad they decided to delay if it doesn’t live up to their standards as it will certainly be a much better experience for us. Good job Rivet and DTG for making the hard but right decision!

• Like Like x 11
  16. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

This.
    It goes to show how hard TSW2 developers have it. We have a unique community which is great but Rivet, DTG, Etc. Just can’t win. They either release the route and have the community yelling “This shouldn’t have been released” or they delay and the reaction being “I’m not buying because of the delay”. I hope this opens up some of this community eyes that these developers don’t have it easy no matter what they do and I hope some of you have compassion and understanding to there problem.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I 100% agree. I do sometimes get fed up with how negative the forums are.
    I personally really couldn’t care less that it’s been delayed; I’d rather a product of quality rather than something rushed just to meet the deadline.

• Like Like x 13
  18. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

So you are not going to buy it because they are delaying the release to fix bugs…? Uh, okay :|

• Like Like x 5
  19. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The QA has just woken up

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nielsen

Never say never. In the preview stream I seem to recall Jasper mentioning that more fixes for Arosalinie are being prepped for release.

What is the logic here? This delay is supposed to make a purchase increasingly worthwhile.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

We haven't been told the fault is with the DLC, it might have something to do with the Rush Hour update, who knows.

While it is certainly preferable they hold back a release if it is buggy or bugs elsewhere but then after what they said on the stream last night I don't think they had a choice.

Saying that it did get released down under no? I wonder if they managed to use it?

• Like Like x 1
  23. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Speaking from NZ, we only get console releases at midnight local time. I am a PC player myself so I get the Steam version at the same time as everyone else, ie I have to wait until Friday morning my time for the route to go live.

I have watched a few of the DTG ambassador preview videos and I can't say I really noticed anything glaringly obviously broken with the trains or the route, so perhaps it's some back end problem which doesn't manifest visually. I am hoping the release isn't delayed too long because I am excited to play this DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  24. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Well its appeared for sale on the Microsoft Store on my Xbox one so it hasn't been taken off

• Like Like x 1
  25. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Wow there's some interesting thinking here.... I'm personally very happy that this decision has been taken. I don't care what's wrong with it, but very happy that they're electing to hold after recognising an issue. Why? Because in the state of the game they said they're listening to the community and we said hold off when you know it's not good. This is perfect and a really good sign for the future. Well done to both DTG and Rivet. I'm even more confident that I'm going to buy this one and keep it now. Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  26. PAFC47760

PAFC47760 Member

Be nice to know what the issues are for those of us who downloaded it already

• Like Like x 2
  27. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Xbox forum has some answers, planner slightly bugged, no intro, ...

Interestingly aus version of ps store now has it as removed.... can't think it will be weeks as will be embarrassing to have xbox live for days on end before other platforms, brakes the whole shiny new toy effect

• Like Like x 1
  28. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I think it would be useful for those of us sitting on the fence to know what’s being put right. If there’s no track sound, I won’t buy full stop. If they get that right, then other warts notwithstanding I might take a look at it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. marcsharp2

So, Users in Australia and New Zealand can play it, Those on Xbox can play it, But again it's Sony users who get the short end of the stick...and also PC users.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Because we can't play a route that DTG have decided wasn't ready for release? I think I'm ok with that.

• Like Like x 6
  31. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And yet imagine if the reason they pulled it applied mainly to PS4 users... wouldn't that be ironic

• Like Like x 2
  32. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I’m absolutely fine with the delay. Given recent feedback, it was the right thing to do.

I wasn’t going to get it Day 1 anyway. I wanted to see a first reaction. A few more days isn’t going to hurt.

• Like Like x 1
  33. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Yeah that's fair. Not. You might flip that and say Sony and PC users have been spared the problems and stress of dealing with them.

• Like Like x 3
  34. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Is this route I know it's been delayed is it now going to be releasing along with the 313 can we just get a straight answer please

• Like Like x 1
  35. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

The sounds need a fix badly. I really don't want to start support tickets either..

• Like Like x 3
  36. alexjjones6024

This is what you pay for...

This is scenery within 50 yards of the trackside (not even any moving cars on the dual carriageway). It happens all the way up the route. It's a joke. All they have done is spent months building a shell for a class 150 and even then, their flagship loco has sounds that are nothing alike.

They cannot get away with releasing this!
    IMG_20211021_124738.jpg 16348169273242265691557764443438.jpg 16348169496127708855343926281890.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  37. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Have you driven along the A30... its sometimes like that :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. alexjjones6024

I'm just going to have to accept a refund, the detail provided on the DLC is not acceptable (locos/route/scenery). The developers/creators are not going to listen to me/us so it's a never ending ball game. It had so much potential and until a boycott happens or a new competitor come along and make something with more care and consideration for it's customer base, this is what we are going to be issued. :/

• Like Like x 3
  39. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  40. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

The thing is they delayed and split the Rush Hour release to polish the routes and still released a broken game so of course they can't win! They're happy to delay a third party add on with issues but release their own add ones in a broken state!

• Like Like x 2
  41. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

It's not releasing today. Steam says when it plans to unlock it. I've played previous games on steam where the planned release date hasn't unlocked because developers postponed release. As mentioned in the announcement, we'll hear of a new launch date when they've got one confirmed and ready and they'll announce it.

• Like Like x 4
  42. OldVern

Looking at those screenshots I assume this is now being released as freeware?

• Like Like x 4
  43. screamfan

screamfan Member

Awful thanks for sharing this, DTG needs to stop working with Rivet

• Like Like x 6
  44. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to believe that DTG and Co are improving when they seem to go from one disaster to another and the one underlying issue seems to be not enough testing. I know it isn't easy just to give people access and trusting them but something should be done no?

Just thinking if the route is still on sale on Steam (PC) if you used a VPN would you be able to get it? I'm not saying you should, (I'm going to wait) but wondered if it is possible?

• Like Like x 1
  45. ARuscoe

Its not on sale on Steam, only xbox. It's listed on steam as "planned to be released", which has changed to "coming soon". Earlier today it had today's date so that's changed

• Like Like x 1
  46. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

What's the price for the add on ?

47. ARuscoe

None listed as yet, but I would imagine £24.99 as usual for a route (or whatever your usual local price for a route is)

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mischief

Mischief Member

$29.99 on Xbox. Which is the only platform it's on because apparently if you want to cancel a launch you have a deadline each day. DTG missed that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. OldVern

Absolutely this. I know they cannot or will not share the route creation tools with the wider community, but in the name of all that is good please start partnering up with some of the people who created the classics in TS - like Keith Ross.

• Like Like x 2
  50. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I was hopping $24.99 but ok. Hopefully we get a update on a release date today.

• Like Like x 1