A Very Busy Month… But What’s Next?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Oct 18, 2021.

1. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

What's next? Bugfixing, I hope.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Oh come to think of it, although I have made my opinion clear that the usual US/DE/UK should be broken up a bit with more foreign routes, but when it comes to German content, there's one thing I hope is next.
    For the next German release, if it's something that uses Dosto's, PLEASE for immersion's sake, add high door Dosto variant!
    And when DTG finally does make the right Dosto, also patch Hamburg-Lübeck to use them too as new default.
    I'm not even German but the immersion break from something that obvious is killing me honestly.

I know, I've heard it before, it's not as simple as a just moving some doors, it's basically a whole new wagon to make, but really, it's needed, please, I ask you kindly to finally do it, it matters. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. al.

al. Member

I‘d love to see an ICE 1 or 2 on the roadmap…

• Like Like x 2
  4. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Aaaand another German route was announced. This is getting ridiculous now. Is Dovetail Games aware that there other countries in the world as well? You know... Train Sim WORLD...

• Like Like x 2
  5. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Yeah, honestly I'm disappointed too.
    I'm not saying I want US/DE/UK content to end or anything like that, but can the rest of the world please get something too?
    I get that it's harder because new assets have to be made, but if you're not gonna do it they won't get made either, so.
    Besides, at one point the assets for the US/DE/UK routes all had to be made too.

It may sound a bit harsh but, even though some will definitely throw a fit, if US/DE/UK all got put on the backburner for a year, each getting just 1 route that year while DTG focused on other countries in that time, those people will still be fine, and they'll still get their content.
    But it's really high time for new countries.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

depends which variant they do tbh

7. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

It is disappointing we have at least 3 German route/ loco DLCs on the roadmap and 2 UK DLCs approaching release very soon then we have 0 in planning and we have 2 US and 0 for any other countries, I can only assume this means the only DLC in development between now and the foreseeable future is only 2 US and atleast 3 German besides the ones that have already been released over the past few months. There are so many more opportunities for a route in the UK and not just the southeast and all over the world for that matter. I think rivet have done a fantastic job in creating variety of routes. I know DTG say they are guided by the community when they decide what route to develop but do they??

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yoinkermcskoinker

Yoinkermcskoinker Well-Known Member

What about Sherman hill and horseshoe curve?

9. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Good point there completely overlooked them I shall change that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

I hate to say it but fixing bugs does not make money, we have all purchased the DLC now.
    But I do really hope the bugs are sorted out and I would like to see more improvements made to the TSW base program before purchasing any more DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

What's next? Take a deep breath and save up some money. There's nothing coming up that interests me much so by the time it does, I might be able to afford it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Isn't there TSG Stuff coming out this year? The BR 101 is so brilliant and I said to myself I will go back to Munich-Augsburg when I shake in a 420 down the line :)
    Seriously, the Ludmilla and Vossloh are hugely anticipated locos in work IMHO

• Like Like x 3
  13. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Still waiting to see MTA Metro North Route, as well as NJ Transit Route, and More California Train such as the new high speed train, as well as Asia High speed train

14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

hahhahahahHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahaha........

Good luck waiting years for that dumpster fire to even get done.....

If it gets done.....

• Like Like x 1
  15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

i think in the real world it is being worked on the project.

16. Blacknred81

Yeah I've been driving past it for the last, IDK how many years now? I've visually seen the work on it, but with how much of a mess everything is, you'll be lucky to see it done in a reasonable time frame.

17. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

They said by next year in 2022, the main hub is already completed. Basically there's a Terrance garden on the top, second-level with fitness and wellness center, the third level where busses terminate and come in, and the ground level to the hub, and where the lower level is for all trains including the new high-speed California train.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  18. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Seriously? With all the UK releases we had recently and upcoming, and you're complaining there isn't enough UK content?

Rivet has only developed 2 routes. Not much to judge their variety...

No, they're obviously guided by money. They're making whatever sells well. Apparently selling the same old similar stuff keeps selling well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blacknred81

Yeah, and the section that is being built wont even use that in the initial startup. The 1st section (CVS) is supposed to be between Merced and Bakersfield, which isn't "due" to be completed by 2029. 8 YEARS FROM NOW......and most likely wont even be using HSR trainsets at the time, if they even get done......

20. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

You making it sound like it's a bad thing. But actually, that's what keeps DTG alive. No DTG means no TSW means not even the possibility to ever get anything more from another country.

Also: It's hard to expect DTG to do other coutries when they don't have the expertise. Going to another country is a huuuge investment of development and research time, but hardly more outcome than a new german or uk route. In fact I'd say nothing sells better than UK and German stuff. That's the reality.

Other coutries have to be done by people who have the expertise of the railway network there. And the solution is called 3rd party. TSW is still a young game in comparision to TS. And we already have three third parties (okay two 3rd parties and Skyhook who seem to not care at all about it). I'm sure in future we will see more of them, because sometimes Matt says in streams that DTG is working more and more with 2nd party. And that's probably the best way to get started in TSW: Be a 2nd party, gain experience and knowledge and at some point start as 3rd party. Maik Goltz also developed as 2nd party for TSW (BR 101, BR 425, ICE 3 etc.) and now we all can't wait for his very own work.