Wcl Available On Xbox

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mischief, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mischief

Mischief Member

On Series X. It is 3.5GB. I don't know if it's supposed to be available or not however.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yea I’ve got it in series S Xbox and I’ve not encountered any issues with it at all train very responsive both in terms of braking and acceleration and no lag

3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Downloading now for Series X. Curious to see what the big issue ends up being.

4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I found a issuse but it's not a biggie only needs a small fix in senario planner when choosing a starting and stopping point the map doesn't highlight your starting and ending points.But otherwise senario planner seems to work once you learn where all the location are on the map.

5. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

I brought it too and all I can see is people walking through the destination screens.

• Like Like x 1
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Journey mode is showing some blank services on chapter 3. That's the thing I noticed that makes this look like a pre-release build. Also the route introduction normally plays the first time you launch a route. Not in this case (similar thing with HRR I recall).

7. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

So you reckon this isn't the Top notch version.

8. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Can you use off the rails and bring the hst in? Also are all the penzance platforms available or just 2?

9. SHINO BAZ

You can use a HST(check out megasim on youtube he did a senario planner useing 2 hst's on this route)and i think theres only 2 platform from what i can see currently.

10. Skyz2020

Cool,so odd the ps4 and pc are locked out, platforms issues? Enjoy, I will look on in envy

• Like Like x 1
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Well, I’ve just bought and downloaded it on Xbox 1 X and had a quick drive to St Ives and it seems to be OK so far. I even got the achievement for completing 1st service so they work OK.

I loaded up London Commuter after in case it had adversely affected Rush Hour but this seems OK too.

I imagine therefore that the problem is a back end one. I assume that, as we were not supposed to be able to get it, there won’t be a patch as such and when it is “officially” released, we will need to uninstall it and re-install the correct version. I won’t hold that against them though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

That's fair enough, i also bought this 'released accidentally' version and am now playing. My question is, will I be notified to uninstall and reinstall because I don't want to go through the issue of refunds etc to then repurchase.

13. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

Its almost as if they are uploading beta releases for launch then a patch afterwards due to the speed they want the dlc's out and we wonder why so much is broken

14. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I’ve not had any issues

15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Unfortunately we were unable hold back WCL on Xbox for today. If you are seeing it at the moment and are able to purchase that shouldn't come as a surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Did both tutorials and a service from Penzance to Truro in the Class 150. Like driving it a lot tbh. Visually looks nice and I think the sounds are good, though I'm no expert there.

Timetable is kinda weird at first glance. I see 61 services for the Class 150 and 6 for the Class 37, so keep timetable business expectations firmly in check. That being said, the timings seem really tight- i ended up like 12 min late on that run without doing anything particularly dumb and running flat-out in a lot of spots (i did get the 70 mph achievement fwiw).

Scenery seems OK-but again i'm no local. No working station destination boards that i could see but maybe that's accurate? Or could be part of the delay, maybe?

Anyway it's after 4am here so gotta get some sleep. Hopefully they can get the right version out to all platforms sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  17. junior hornet

Unfortunately? Sounds ominous. As it has been released, it would be useful to know what, if anything, is wrong with it and whether it will adversely effect any other DLC we might have installed

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It seems good so far. Running smoothly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DTG Natster

No need to panic, there won't be any nasty consequences for those of you who have it installed.

The issues which resulted in WCL being held back aren't game braking, the QA team raised a concern with the level of severity of some bugs (More than one "A" issue) So although it might not be causing crashes for example, the severity of the issues were high enough that we weren't prepared to launch.

When this was realised, the add-on was already in the pipeline for Xbox, hence why you are able to currently purchase and download.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

DTG Natster us Xbox owners...do we hold off until you officially launch it? Or do we go now and wait for a patch "drekley"?

Drekley is the Cornish equivalent of the Spanish mañana!

D

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Natster

That is entirely up to you Dave, just be aware that if you do purchase it now you might come across a couple of issues which could stop you enjoying the route.

We will also be going into a little more detail about what's caused this delay in tonight's stream.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Skyz2020

Hello, steam says releasing in 7 hours, is this not accurate, a little bit accurate (friday) or nowhere near (next week) ?

• Like Like x 1
  23. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Why the total silence for PlayStation users? Some of us are getting frustrated at any lack of response.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Natalie has said they’ll talk about it more tonight. All you need to know right now is that the PlayStation launch could be stopped and we’ll get the route when it’s ready.

25. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't see why yesterday's statement doesn't apply to PS users...

• Like Like x 3
  26. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows- I doubt that Rivet or DTG know either right now. There is sure to be replanning going on. The only certainty is ‘not today’ unless you are on Xbox.

Maybe we’ll hear more on tonight’s stream.

27. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Some issues I've noticed on Xbox One X:
    • LOD is low in the Class 150 (similar issue was on Isle of Wight but got patched). Look at the guard panel - stand close and no improvement
    • Sanding does not respond to keyboard (X) or immersion controls (X+d-pad down). You also cannot press B on keyboard for the guard buzzer (though this has not been consistent with other trains)
    • Journey mode has some blank services
    • The final stop on services has no due time (no unload passengers)
    • DSD not giving audible alerts

28. fezza

fezza Active Member

This is deeply ironic as previously you have been happy to put out DLC which HAS been game breaking and caused constant crashes. Not you have something that is generally ok and have pulled it. That's very frustrating for us PS4 users.

I don't mind early access as long as you are clear that's what it is and that you are committed to sorting the bugs. Unfortunately your record on sorting the bugs is not overwhelming great...

• Like Like x 1
  29. box215

box215 Active Member

How do you know it's "generally ok" if no one has been able to play it on PS4?

You literally have NO IDEA how it plays on PS4. If they released it and the game crashed constantly on PS4, you'd be here, still complaining.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think those who bought it early are perhaps making a mistake..Sure, the " issues " that are holding up an official launch may not be game breaking but they might be significant. Who knows if you will get a patch to bring the route up to the level the rest of us will soon enjoy?

• Like Like x 1
  31. fezza

fezza Active Member

Well it is clear DTG didn't know if it ran on PS4 about 48 hours ago before launch or it wouldn't have been pulled at the last minute. That's no way to do QA in the leisure software industry.

They clearly wanted to pull it on Xbox too but left it so late they couldn't - a total shambles. If there were particular problems with the PS4 and PC why not simply say what they are. Instead the want us to waste time watching a stream so they can benefit from YouTube advertising revenue. No thanks.

Why try to pull it on Xbox when it works so much better than other releases? I suspect DTG are simply running scared of consumer reaction in a week of PR disasters - or are trying to make the point to third party developers after the 187 disaster. Another disastrous DL release might just kill market confidence completely.

• Like Like x 1
  32. junior hornet

T’aint right, t’aint fair, t’aint fit t’aint proper.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Mischief

Mischief Member

We 100% will. At least on Xbox, an update to the route will get pushed just like every other one in the past.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. ARuscoe

Yes, but if you say that too loudly other people won't be able to whisper the conspiracy theories until people moan like it's fact!

• Like Like x 4
  35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DSD is broken not the AWS with the alerter

• Like Like x 2
  36. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The route is being removed from the Microsoft Store in the next few hours in case anyone didn't watch the preview stream. There is no date for when it will come back but I expect it won't be too long.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

whats the reason for the delay?

• Like Like x 1
  38. ARuscoe

Principally that the alerts don't work so you end up missing them and stopping every time you get an adverse signal or a speed change large enough to warrant an alarm
    Added to graphics, sound and a few other bits and they decided better to pull it rather than let it out

• Like Like x 2
  39. SHINO BAZ

This route hasn't been any better or worse then other recently released routes.In fact i'm glad to have it now...It does need a few fixes but what route hasn't,so until then i can still enjoy the route for better or worse.

• Like Like x 1
  40. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

basically just a few things that makes the route considered not a good position to release but nothing really bad that stops people from being able to use it

41. junior hornet

I think I’ve found one of the errors. On one evening service (I can’t remember which) from Penzance to Snozzel, I spawned at the wrong end of the train.