West Cornwall Launch But Back To Till Further Notice

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillipa#1949, Oct 20, 2021.

1. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Owing to major issues in its final build tomorrows release of West Cornwall has been postponed till further notice did it have the Brighton bug?

2. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Which one? There was sooo many

3. phillipa#1949

I would Strongly agree with you there are so many of them bugs but at least they had the sense to prevent it this time unlike BML .At least them have told us this time around maybe they will do this if there are issues with further DLC & we can learn to trust DTG again

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  4. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Wow that’ll teach me for heading to the dark side..

no delay for the Xbox side of things? Cancellation deadline missed with MS I guess..

Just PC and PlayStation confirmed with the delay in a helpful from our wonderful Nat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Yeah Xbox players will get it

6. phillipa#1949

Was going to get this tomorrow for the PS5 but if its bugged like BML was & still is then i think delaying it tell they have fixed for PC & Play station owners alike then it makes perfect common sense to delay its Launch they don,t want History repeating itself again for them do they.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Hey I'll be the first one to say it if it's not right take the time to get it right

• Like Like x 1
  8. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

Totally agree best thing to do is delay with everything going on.

However I am ammused that it looks like DTG can’t even get a release delay right.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

More like It was aborted rather then delayed tbh...

10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Good to hear they have listened! Delaying this release already gives me much more confidence in DTG. As we have heard on the stream this is a decision they really wanted to avoid but in my opinion it's the best strategy. I do hope this does not complicate things staff wise and they will find a workflow where delays are possible if the product is not finished in time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. fezza

fezza Active Member

The crazy thing about this is that Xbox users are using it and reporting few if any significant problems. It is certainly a lot, lot better than some routes that have been released.

I wonder if DTG panicked a little here after the 187 reaction or have done this to demonstrate to developers and consumers that they will throw their weight around if products aren't more bug free?

I'd rather have access to an acceptable work in progress with minor bugs than nothing at all - especially when the decision to pull a product is taken very late. Xbox users are praising it rather than complaining.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

You couldn't make it up, they have now managed to screw up delaying a perfectly acceptable release.

It really is turning into a farce now.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm impressed that they actually had the balls to do this.
    Good to see them finally taking a stand and accepting that it wasn't fit for release.
    They've gained some of that trust back that they seemed so keen to lose in the past few months, certainly in my eyes anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  14. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

No trophies no purchase

• Like Like x 8
  15. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

16. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

I don't worry too much about trophies so that never going to be much of a big deal to me but I'm sure other people like yourself will consider a big deal

• Like Like x 1
  17. grantrayadams

grantrayadams New Member

I brought the Cornwall Route on PS5 last night in Australia so dont know how they delayed it. Anyway big issue is the blurring effects as the train is moving. The wheels look a complete blurr:mad:

18. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Had a look this morning, It's on the PS Store in the UK but just not available for purchase.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. fezza

fezza Active Member

Yes same here although the release date still says 21st.

20. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Turn off motion blur perhaps

• Like Like x 2
  21. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Damn, this is a shame. I was considering getting it in the next few days, pending seeing release date gameplay. I guess it's for the best. But it looked fine the other night, have DTG given any reasons for the delay?

Same here, I don't care much about trophies. It is the quality of the game that is the priority for me.

22. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

That's an issue on every route. Unreal can't cope with rotating objects and blurs everything as though it's moving in a straight line between frames. There are ways to fake it with texture overlays, but they've never bothered to do it.

If there was a way to selectively turn it off on the wheels, that would potentially solve the problem completely. I wouldn't want to lose motion blur entirely thought.

23. antwerpcentral

So those Xbox users did all the scenario's, timetables, journey, all collectables in a speedrun since release? I'm impressed

When I bought the BR 187 I detected no problems whatsoever. I still haven't detected any problems with it but I notice a lot of people complaining about having problems with the DB BR 187.

24. phillipa#1949

They are already living with the shame of BML they don,t want to make things worse for themselves

25. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

When do you think it will be released do you think it will be released along with the 313

26. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Depending on what the issue is, the 313 could be delayed as well, We won't know because we aren't getting anything from DTG about what the issues are.

27. ukpetey

ukpetey Well-Known Member

I think that after the debacle of recent releases and the final honesty of this weeks livestream, that if the route wasn’t perfect then this is the right approach. To have released a further piece of DLC with flaws would have surely led to uproar? Going forward every piece of DLC released should have been tested to destruction, and anything found, fixed. I believe at this point, with the strength of feeling in the community, it would be commercial suicide to release sub-par content.

So a good decision. Release it only when it’s ready

28. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning Friends, even though it is frustrating, I believe it is a sign of improvement for DTG to postpone a one-line launch just before the day, as this indicates that they have indeed evaluated the final version and found complications, I believe that if DTG proceeds exactly from the the way they shared with us on Tuesday, we will have a better quality control, less bugs and failures in the next releases, now we can only hope that the corrections due in Rush Hour lines are assertive and well done.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

You must never use AFB when you drive, the AFB function alone is very broken.
    Even the loco skin has incorrect marking on the side sole bars. 30 seconds looking around the loco externally, that can be clearly seen.

The devil is in the detail as they say.

30. antwerpcentral

Indeed I haven't tested those things out. I'll have a look at it later and probably will be searching an hour for the marking mentioned, come back to the forums to look what marking we are talking about because I never seen a DB BR 187 up close. I don't know which markings it should have and which not. That's why I'm saying: I'm not detecting anything wrong but that does not mean there is nothing wrong. I was using sarcasm when I said that I was impressed with the speedrun on this route on Xbox

31. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

This is how a 150 should sound like

• Like Like x 1
  32. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Nice video thanks

33. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

Train Simulator 2015 ??? now i know that the decision was wrong to try TSW on a PS4. :(

34. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has completed all scenarios. One scenario I tried could not be completed and I don't think anyone has completed them all (according to achievement stats). Now I can see why this was held back.