It Is Coming Tomorrow

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bradley, Oct 20, 2021.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Its very late on dtgs part to decide to pull the release when it's already available in some countries.
    So we can still buy it yet it will be pulled. Does that mean that version gets updated or would we need to download a separate version.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It is late, but if something has been discovered last minute, better to pull than release. Having released in Australia etc already is no big problem. There’s hardly going to be any story spoilers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Says who?

• Like Like x 1
  4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

I definitely agree. If it's in very bad state best to not release it.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The most important player to me is me and I’m on PS5, where players won’t be getting it tonight. I wasn’t going to get it anyway because of other issues with the PS5 right now and I’m disappointed that I can’t refuse to buy it until a later date. Sad face hiding a smirk.

• Like Like x 5
  6. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

Well said I totally agree with your comments I'm on ps5 as well and I am very disappointed with the way things are at the moment

• Like Like x 1
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Thats the only issue I found.
    No major bugs why to Delay the Route for PlayStation and pc 976BAB53-E046-4E08-9D7D-F334441B53B6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Had a check on rivet's forums and guess what....no mention of a delay of release whatsoever, so what's going on? We as customers have a right to know and with the woeful communication being delivered, the troops are going in blind.

• Like Like x 1
  9. neddyie116

neddyie116 Active Member

Plus it's still listed on the PC Steam store?

10. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Still listed on the Xbox Store, so I grabbed it, curious just what is wrong with it exactly...

• Like Like x 2
  11. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

Noticed anything wrong with it as yet?

12. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Will run through the tutorials shortly and let you know, I probably won't be getting into it properly until tomorrow, as it's gone 2am, so hopefully some others may be able to report back before I can.

UPDATE: So I completed the 150 tutorial, and the only thing I noticed was that there was no audible AWS alarm that needed to be reset as the cab was being prepared.

I'm guessing that could be a bug, as I assume that you would need to hear it at some point or another when playing the actual game.

I'm no expert on these trains, very much just enjoy the game at a casual level, but I could see why they would want to delay the DLC to sort out this particular issue, if that is indeed the case.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  13. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

I've just spent £24.99 on WCL all i can say is? It ain't too bad people walking through the destination screens. But that's nothing new. Game isn't laggy. Rivets done a good job. So why delay it if it's ok

• Like Like x 1
  14. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

It’s on the Microsoft/Xbox store for £24.99

photos look fab

15. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Probably not up to the standard of a release build.

16. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

This is more of a 'wheels are in motion, so can't be stopped' kind of thing. We did try to hold the release on all platforms.

Worth highlighting that nothing in the build is gamebreaking (as far as we're aware), but our QA team identified some issues yesterday in their report that were deemed of a level and quantity that we didn't want the build to go live as it was until we could determine the scope of fixes required (this is how the process should work usually, it's unfortunate in this case that it happened on what was 'technically' launch day when things are difficult to stop).

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  17. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

So my question is, if we have purchased on Xbox (9th gen), are we getting an update/patch for the purchased version that is currently out. Otherwise, are we to get refunds from Xbox of this currently available build?

18. david5150

david5150 Well-Known Member

It’s not in the store on my Xbox one S.

19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why you released the 187 then? :D
    Worst dlc in history

• Like Like x 1
  20. alexjjones6024

From a Series S user: Oh dear, I just purchased about 10 minutes ago and downloaded it just now..

21. davebadger#4587

davebadger#4587 Member

Have you checked the store on the desktop. It wasn't showing in the in game store but was at the bottom of the list of the desktop store for me.

• Like Like x 1
  22. alexjjones6024

AHH, so in that case, I purchased off the Microsoft website.

23. andrewtodd793

andrewtodd793 Member

I can't believe some people on this forum you go on an on about the tsw 2 being broken how dtg put out DLC that's bugged then when they pull a game from release you go on its the end of the world people who have brought this will start moaning for a patch when you probably know the game bugged dtg can't win in the end they will just stop streaming and being so open about tsw2

• Like Like x 4
  24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

We need a new bingo card...
    Which way are DTG going to mess up the release this time round...?

• Like Like x 4
  25. alexjjones6024

Definitely a Bingo Card.

First one: "Well it wasn't like that on the release build."

Also, has anybody used the Xbox build? It seems it's an issue with the fact that when the doors close (Penzance) and you go to depart, they open again whilst the train is in motion. I wasn't able to complete the first scenario because it said I still needed to lock the doors.

Sounds... NEED fixing! The idle sounds are too high (RPM) and the revving up in certain notches just ain't prototypical and I used to work on these DMU's...
    Physics/Movement need looking into. Fastest Pasty in the west, they weren't wrong!! The acceleration is far too fast, that needs fixing.

Does Simugraph represent these locos, or was this one not tested?

• Like Like x 2
  26. ARuscoe

It would have been built in Simugraph, possibly by people that have never been on the unit (Rivet have already said they've not been to the route location)
    And tested by whom? Again, if Rivet tested it (apply the above)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

To repeat a point that has already been raised. Now that DTG have taken bold steps to try and delay a 3rd party launch due to pre-launch issues, does that now mean they will observe same the letter of the law by delaying their own releases for "not gamebreaking" issues that may be spotted prior to launch? Or will it be still be a case of Matt "making a note of that" for post-launch fixing.

• Like Like x 2
  28. ARuscoe

Which would mean no DLC would ever release on time...

• Like Like x 1
  29. Boris The Frog

The same could apply to Rivet....so all is fair in love and war :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  30. ARuscoe

Oh, I meant that no software would ever be released...
    Non-critical bugs are a fact of life in software development, especially when it relies on so many fundamentals working, and when one person's "bug" is another person's "I don't really care about that, I just enjoy this for what it is"

• Like Like x 4
  31. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Only problem I’ve noted is sounds and physics for the 150, and some of the track work is shoddy

• Like Like x 3
  32. Boris The Frog

Ah, gotcha. "All DLC"
    It's still not an entirely bad thing though because you'd have thought that the reason for trying to pull the Cornwall launch was for something a little more serious than trivial things.
    For example, nobody would expect a full on release termination if, say, cars were driving on the wrong side of the road but they would expect a greater degree of consideration for something like constant spawning into random places. Neither are gamebreaking but one is irritating enough to be classed as immersion breaking.

33. ARuscoe

And neither would bother me in the slightest... Maybe I'm too patient. Either way, bugs happen and I'm sure someone somewhere will be happy things have been postponed to fix... whatever it is that needs fixing (hopefully we will find out tonight)

• Like Like x 2
  34. alexjjones6024

The sounds need a fix badly. I really don't want to start support tickets either..

• Like Like x 1
  35. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

DTG's attitude to this is:
    MOT technician- Mr bloggs your car has failed it's test
    Mr Bloggs- Really? What's wrong with it?
    Technician- Oh nothing, nothing, just not telling you what's the problem!

SOME INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL!

• Like Like x 3
  36. ARuscoe

Why, can you fix it, or do you just want the information as a matter of interest...?
    Unfortunately if you give too much info the wolf pack here would throw that back at Rivet forever so I would be mindful of having too mcuh unnecessary information

• Like Like x 3
  37. alexjjones6024

If the problems were asked to be submitted by Friday, they would be issued on the Monday. I wish this company would simply accept that the product is half done and actually have some compassion. The length of time a support ticket/fix will take to be sorted will be a yesar, I guarantee it!

• Like Like x 2
  38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This may be an indication that the bar for what gets released has been raised or that new QA tests have already been introduced, such as testing on consoles that have a lot of other DLC installed, to better match the players’ machines. Hopefully better quality releases will result from both 3rd parties and DTG themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  39. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

I can only applaud this approach, delaying to get the quality where it should be is a great thing.

HOWEVER it would have been nice if this policy of delaying 3rd party stuff to get it up to a acceptable level of quality was applied to skyhook as well.

• Like Like x 3
  40. ARuscoe

If it IS a policy, and if it's to up the standard rather than them having found a specific issue

41. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

The problem is that issues such as the sound being incorrect or Carbis Bay looking wrong (as examples) would not prevent a release or be a support ticket issue as they are not bugs. They are released as intended by the production team, whether we like it or not.

All we can do is keep pressure up in the forum's and live streams and hope they might listen and address our concerns which, to be fair, does happen sometimes as shown by changes to Reigate and St Ives for example.

• Like Like x 2
  42. alexjjones6024

This is what you pay for...

This is scenery within 50 yards of the trackside. It happens all the way up the route (no moving card on the dual carriageway). It's a joke. All they have done is spent months building a shell for a class 150 and even then, their flagship loco has sounds and physics that are nothing alike.
    There's no high quality textures, it's all just poor.

This proves that release dates are more important than the quality of their releases. I am literally disgusted!
    16348169273242265691557764443438.jpg 16348169496127708855343926281890.jpg IMG_20211021_124738.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  43. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

i for one am very pleased it has been delayed, because those sounds demonstrated on the stream are NOT of acceptable quality for a Class 150. I have given plenty of feedback on the audio to Rivet so not repeating myself but glad it isn’t being released today because with the audio as it is in all the early access previews I’ve seen so far, I would not have bought it anyway. You only have to listen to a real life video of the 150 to hear Rivet’s example is not right.
    Good on you and them for delaying it until it’s if acceptable quality. :)

• Like Like x 3
  44. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

To be fair your £24.99 goes a lot further than it ever used to with Train Simulators. I’m not really sure how far you want the scenery to go? As long as the immediate trackside is reasonably represented and the trains themselves look, sound and behave like they should anything else really can just be represented in lesser detail surely?maybe an exception for a local landmarks etc?

• Like Like x 5
  45. alexjjones6024

Well I have attached a photo further up that represents a main road in Cornwall. In the middle of the lanes (the central reservation) is missing any sort of barrier. Please tell me that you don't feel that this scenery is of an acceptable quality? Even from the cab, these horrendous textures are visible. Trackside, even that is poor. Some areas don't even have fencing.

• Like Like x 3
  46. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I have sent them loads of on board, real life acceleration and braking videos, gps readouts, camera focusing on the speedo in cab etc. so they really have NO excuse to get the acceleration wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  47. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

You are complaining about a barrier separating a duel carriageway that is at least 25 meters from the track, half hidden from foliage on a train simulator?

if that is the extent of complaints to Rivet Games then I think they have won with this one!

• Like Like x 1
  48. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

That we evident in the preview stream by MegaSim - the AWS switch needs to be switched to the ON position from fusebox behind driver's head.

49. ARuscoe

I'm sure all of that was available on Youtube or other technical sources as well. I wasn't providing excuses for them

50. alexjjones6024

I am pleased you are not a developer or artist within this sector. My initial concern, further up on this thread, was the texturing whereby there are squares showing on large sections of grass. Whilst I was taking a look round the route, it occurred that there was more evidence of poor scenery. I don't see why you are trying to close me down, when DTG have produced much better scenery for their routes (east coast way & SEHS) for example. Why wouldn't you like to have a better quality DLC?

• Like Like x 2