Help Picking Dlcs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by paintbrushguy, Oct 25, 2021.

1. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I need some help deciding between the following, and which ones I should wait for a sale. Being on PC the 187s atrocities are fixable through mods, so that's not much of a concern.

1938 Stock
    DB BR 187
    WCL
    BR 313

2. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I would wait for the reviews, but from what I've seen so far, the BR 313 looks like the best pick from this list

• Like Like x 4
  3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

IMO, and in the opinion of many others tbh, the sounds of the '38 are terrible. However the model looks nice albeit the colours inside the train are a little bit off, and from what I've heard there's a missing guard rail (I think it was? I stand to be corrected)

The 187 model is pretty nice, and it's nice having access to the engine room, as much as it's modelled pretty basically. PZB, LZB and AFB are not functioning as they should however, and this is something that mods are yet to fix, if they can even be fixed by mods.

The WCL has pretty well done scenery for the most part, although it fails horribly in others. The physics and sounds of the train are off however, not realistic at all and there's no current plan for Rivet to fix these. There's also no HST so the line will be dead for most of the runs you'll be doing.

I'll wait for someone else to judge the 313, I only watched the stream for a couple of minutes, but I'm aware that there's an issue currently with sound occlusion. Only issue I'm aware of atm, but I'm sure someone will list any others if they are currently present.

4. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd just stay away from anything made by Rivet Games.
    I'd wait for a fix for the 187 before buying it. As it is now, it's not worth it. Mods should enhance gameplay, not fix glaring bugs, omissions and laziness by the developer.

Of that list, the only one I'd consider is the 313, but not before reading many reviews.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

I'd only stick with DTG until the third party devs get their act together.

• Like Like x 3
  6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

As a sympathizer of German trains I suggest, at least for now, to exclude the BR 187. It is true that with the mods it improves a lot but it is also true that AFB and LZB are usually unusable and the brake pressure indicators are missing in the cabin. Indicators present in the real counterpart as you can see in th video below. So, if you like driving without a HUD and with safety systems active, avoid the DB BR 187 for now.

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

As most have said, the 313 is the only one of those I'd even considering exchanging money for at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

1938 stock has awful sound.
    WCL is not released yet but already mired in controversy regarding the 150 sounds and physics, no HST and less than sterling route building.
    187 I haven’t bought yet but has apparently sound issues.
    313 again looks okay but not released yet and I don’t have the ECW route, refunded as it was boring me to tears.

9. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Can I say none of them?

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This is my position too. Stick with what I know,

• Like Like x 2